What is up with all the cut and paste plagarism today?

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Garnet2727 said:
Is it something in the air? I mean for all forgotten god's sakes what to these folks think they are accomplishing? More important, how should we respond? Not at all?

I don't know why people do this. If it is so easy to cut and paste the text you want it is just as easy to cut and paste the link. I think the MODS should look at this and give some type of warning to those who do not give proper credit to those who deserve it.

The report to the mods should include a link to where the poster got his/her information.

I believe people do this to make themselves look smarter but it does quite the contrary.

-cw

Upvote 0

FSTDT

Yahweh
Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
✟1,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Garnet2727 said:
Is it something in the air? I mean for all forgotten god's sakes what to these folks think they are accomplishing?
Perhaps there is a fear of producing original ideas and original insights?

Garnet2727 said:
More important, how should we respond? Not at all?
If someone starts a thread with a huge cut-and-paste article from CARM or some other site, then two things should happen:

1) Post a large GIF file that says "PLAGIARISM! PLAGIARISM!" with an unhappy child in the background.

2) Report the post, because plagiarism is against a violation of the TOS (see CF Rules)

3) Let the thread die. No one should respond to a plagiarized post.

Upvote 0

drunkard

Mar 29, 2004
✟210.00
Faith
Atheist
Garnet2727 said:
Is it something in the air? I mean for all forgotten god's sakes what to these folks think they are accomplishing? More important, how should we respond? Not at all?

I have a cynical hypothesis.
It has recently been made known that the rule against "insults" is going to be more strictly enforced against anyone who might want to point out the liars and willfully ignorant posters in this forum. Almost immediately, we have seen an increase in the number hit&run plagiarist posters that are just begging to be "insulted."
Perhaps some creationists are trying to provoke the more knowledgeable posters into getting warned/banned, in a misguided attempt to tip the balance of power in the C&E forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums