• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What Is Truth?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Minister Monardo, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,130
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Pilate interrogated Jesus:
    John 18:
    Pilate therefore said to Him, Are You a king then?
    Jesus answered, You say that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause
    I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the Truth.
    Everyone who is of the Truth hears My voice.

38 Pilate said to Him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again
    to the Jews, and said to them, I find no fault in Him at all.

What do you think of Christ's response, and why?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+30,050
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    IMHO There is only one truth, that is THE TRUTH which is God.Everyone who is of God hears the voice of Jesus who is THE ONLY WAY,TRUTH,and LIFE.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  3. Minister Monardo

+2,130
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate

4. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+340
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Agreed. The Holy Spirit leads us in to all truth. He will never tell us, for instance, that the sky is green with orange polka dots, or that it's okay to hit someone on the head only on Tuesdays at 10:58 when the sun is shining. The truth is not relative, has no exceptions, and is completely absolute. If it's ok for me to steal because I am poor, then it's ok for everyone to steal regardless of their wealth status. God doesn't have double standards. Thank Him for His grace, though! He is a good Father, and He loves us more than we could ever deserve or understand.

5. Minister Monardo

+2,130
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate

6. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+340
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    It makes me think: Do we really hear His voice? Or do we have itching ears, hearing only what we want to hear, and making things mean only what we want them to mean?

7. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,923
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    He came to reveal the true character (truth) of the Father, of which has been being distorted beginning with the rebellion of lucifer and his minions and continuing to this day ... and will continue until Jesus returns.

1 John 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,399
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    What Is Truth?

Truth is a person.

• Agree Agree x 2