May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is eternal reality?
Truth, the Greater Reality.
Truth is imperishable, undeniable, and incorruptible. Nothing can exist without truth. Truth cannot exist from other than itself, or else it would be untrue. Truth is, always was and always will be (eternal). Anything other than truth is untrue and unreal.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Which reality?
There is only one reality. We may experience reality differently, we may have differing perceptions of reality, but there is only one reality.

Truth is simply that which corresponds to reality.

All truth leads to God. God is Truth. If not, then God is not true.
I get what you mean when you say, “God is Truth”, even if it isn’t entirely accurate grammatically.

One of God’s essential attributes is that He is immutable, His character never changes. Indeed, the very reason we can be so confident about morality, what is right and what is wrong is because morality stems from God’s perfect and unchanging character.

In reality, God exists. It doesn’t matter what a person believes about God’s existence. God’s existence is not dependent upon a person’s belief. In reality, God exists. Therefore, it is true that God exists.

Truth is that which corresponds to reality. Test it, the definition will always hold up.

Upvote 0

ooQQoo

Oct 23, 2019
La
✟560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No I can't. God has visited me in vision of Heavenly Father and filled me with Love and Peace that lasted for hours. A super contrast to what I usually feel. So I know he exists. But yeah they would probably say it was a delusion.
I do not believe this
you have stated as the truth.

Upvote 0

ooQQoo

Oct 23, 2019
La
✟560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is only one reality. We may experience reality differently, we may have differing perceptions of reality, but there is only one reality.

I get what you mean when you say, “God is Truth”, even if it isn’t entirely accurate grammatically.

One of God’s essential attributes is that He is immutable, His character never changes. Indeed, the very reason we can be so confident about morality, what is right and what is wrong is because morality stems from God’s perfect and unchanging character.

In reality, God exists. It doesn’t matter what a person believes about God’s existence. God’s existence is not dependent upon a person’s belief. In reality, God exists. Therefore, it is true that God exists.

Truth is that which corresponds to reality. Test it, the definition will always hold up.
Some of this is incorrect.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Some of this is incorrect.
Unless you're willing to expound on that, then there really is absolutely no reason for you to post here. The only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself look arrogant and condescending.

I would love to engage in a discussion with you about this. But you need to bring some humility and content to what you say.

Don't take this offensively, but are you special needs in some fashion?

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

True reality is invisible to the visible. Truth is imperishable, like God is. Visible reality is perishable and is on borrowed time and space. The Greater Reality is invisible and cannot be perceived without God revealing it. The perception is not our own, but from God.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
True reality is invisible to the visible. Truth is imperishable, like God is. Visible reality is perishable and is on borrowed time and space. The Greater Reality is invisible and cannot be perceived without God revealing it. The perception is not our own, but from God.
God created the entirety of the universe, both the physical and the spiritual. Both are real, they are just different. God created mankind as both physical and spiritual beings. That's real. That's reality.

Our reality is a physical one. That's how God created it, that's how God intends for us to experience reality. When Christ returns, you do know that He is going to redeem and restore all of creation, and is going to physically exist on a new earth. We will physically exist on a new earth. That is reality. That is Truth.

Truth: That which corresponds to reality.

God created the universe out of nothing. This statement is either true or false. The statement either corresponds to reality, or it doesn't. It doesn't matter what any singular person believes about the statement. It is true or false independent of our belief.

I am sitting in my office typing right now. In reality, this statement is either true or false. I believe it to be true. But I suppose it could be false. I could, in reality, exist in the Matrix and in reality I'm existing in a container of sorts with tubes and wires hooked up to me.

Terms like "greater reality" or "ultimate reality" or "God's reality" are non-sensical. Reality encompasses the entirety of what is real. Reality is that God exists, that He created everything out of nothing. That He created both the physical and the spiritual, and that right now, for a time, we live in a fallen universe. But there is no such thing as "greater reality".

Truth is imperishable, like God is.
This doesn't really make much sense. It is true that I drive an Audi. That statement corresponds to reality. It is true. What does it mean that the statement "I drive an Audi" is imperishable, like God?

Truth is simply that which corresponds to reality. I would suggest that ultimately all honest and humble seekers of Truth will eventually find God, because the ultimate story of truth in our universe is that God exists, created everything, and desires to know us.

But I wish people, especially Christians, would stop saying non-sensical things when it comes to discussions like this.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created the entirety of the universe, both the physical and the spiritual. Both are real, they are just different. God created mankind as both physical and spiritual beings. That's real. That's reality.

Our reality is a physical one. That's how God created it, that's how God intends for us to experience reality. When Christ returns, you do know that He is going to redeem and restore all of creation, and is going to physically exist on a new earth. We will physically exist on a new earth. That is reality. That is Truth.

Truth: That which corresponds to reality.

God created the universe out of nothing. This statement is either true or false. The statement either corresponds to reality, or it doesn't. It doesn't matter what any singular person believes about the statement. It is true or false independent of our belief.

I am sitting in my office typing right now. In reality, this statement is either true or false. I believe it to be true. But I suppose it could be false. I could, in reality, exist in the Matrix and in reality I'm existing in a container of sorts with tubes and wires hooked up to me.

Terms like "greater reality" or "ultimate reality" or "God's reality" are non-sensical. Reality encompasses the entirety of what is real. Reality is that God exists, that He created everything out of nothing. That He created both the physical and the spiritual, and that right now, for a time, we live in a fallen universe. But there is no such thing as "greater reality".

This doesn't really make much sense. It is true that I drive an Audi. That statement corresponds to reality. It is true. What does it mean that the statement "I drive an Audi" is imperishable, like God?

Truth is simply that which corresponds to reality. I would suggest that ultimately all honest and humble seekers of Truth will eventually find God, because the ultimate story of truth in our universe is that God exists, created everything, and desires to know us.

But I wish people, especially Christians, would stop saying non-sensical things when it comes to discussions like this.
This physical realm is perishable. Truth, the Greater Reality, is not perishable.
The physical realm my appear (to our bodily senses) as reality, but it does not to our spiritual self, or Being. Though we have a body, we are not the body; similarly, we may have a car, but we are not the car.

Spiritual truths are non-sensical things to the mortal mind (body-mind), but not so for the immortal mind (soul-mind). Not all Christians reference life from spiritual truths, like Jesus Christ. Most, still reference life from this world of fear and deception (both are unreal), and as a result are not real Christians.

If anything I say here is still non-sensical, then it will remain non-sensical for the mind which bases truth on logic and reason.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This physical realm is perishable. Truth, the Greater Reality, is not perishable.
There is no such thing as a “greater reality”. Reality simply is. Period.

For example, in reality God created both the physical and the spiritual realms. In reality they both exist.

Reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist.

You simply don’t understand what words like reality and truth actually mean.

The physical realm my appear (to our bodily senses) as reality, but it does not to our spiritual self, or Being. Though we have a body, we are not the body;
The physical realm exists in reality. God created the physical world.

God created human beings to exist as physical and spiritual beings. Christ, in reality lived a physical existence. When Christ returns, He will literally reign on a redeemed and restored physical earth.

The physical world was part of God’s creation and will always be.

the spiritual world is no more “real” than the physical world. They both exist in reality.

Spiritual truths are non-sensical things to the mortal mind (body-mind), but not so for the immortal mind (soul-mind).
Spiritual truths are not non-sensical. God is not a non-sensical God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as a “greater reality”. Reality simply is. Period.

For example, in reality God created both the physical and the spiritual realms. In reality they both exist.

Reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist.

You simply don’t understand what words like reality and truth actually mean.

The physical realm exists in reality. God created the physical world.

God created human beings to exist as physical and spiritual beings. Christ, in reality lived a physical existence. When Christ returns, He will literally reign on a redeemed and restored physical earth.

The physical world was part of God’s creation and will always be.

the spiritual world is no more “real” than the physical world. They both exist in reality.

Spiritual truths are not non-sensical. God is not a non-sensical God.
Sorry you have not yet grasped the deeper truths. It would be pointless for me to explain further, and irresponsible of me to agree with your understandings on this matter.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth is really something that is "according to Christ". After all He claims to be the Way the Truth and the Life.
We as His Creation can blindly use our fleshly opinions to guide us, but then we are then denying the Jesus is the Truth. We often make judgments based on our opinions [in our pride] and then Truth gets very subjective.
The key in Life is to try to make our fleshly opinions more in line with Christ's Truth.

Upvote 0