Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Korean-American Christian's answer is from John 14:6. Another one that works is:

God's Word. (John 17:17)

However, if a definition of a word (e.g., "truth") explains the meaning of word, a lot more words will be needed. A non-spiritual definition could be "factual information," but it doesn't have much to do with spiritual truth, and that can't be explained in two words or less.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone define truth in two words or less? I forgot I would also like to add "How does one determine what what truth is?

I hope you realize there is an entire branch of philosophy--epistemology--that has been debating that question for over two thousand years.

And that's only on the Greek side.

There are Chinese, Arab, and Indian philosophies even older asking the same question, each from a significantly different point of view: "Truth" for Chinese, Arabs, and Indians is seen as entirely different propositions from European (Greek) concepts of "truth."

The "truth" of a given incident may be different for an Indian viewing the incident than for a European viewing that same incident...and both will be right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about one.
Y'SHUA

The beauty , wonder, awe, and power of truth is that
whoever knows the truth is set free .

And every WORD of YHWH is TRUE.
Yes, His Word states that He is the Truth. But what is the meaning of "truth" itself.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope you realize there is an entire branch of philosophy--epistemology--that has been debating that question for over two thousand years.

And that's only on the Greek side.

There are Chinese, Arab, and Indian philosophies even older asking the same question, each from a significantly different point of view: "Truth" for Chinese, Arabs, and Indians is seen as entirely different propositions from European (Greek) concepts of "truth."

The "truth" of a given incident may be different for an Indian viewing the incident than for a European viewing that same incident...and both will be right.
True, but have they found an answer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, His Word states that He is the Truth. But what is the meaning of "truth" itself.
Sorry,I forgot I would also like to add "How does one determine what truth is? Is there "relative" truth and if so how is it defined"?

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Sorry,I forgot I would also like to add "How does one determine what truth is? Is there "relative" truth and if so how is it defined"?

Truth is found in the Holy Scriptures, the Holy Bible.

There is no "relative" truth.

I hope this is helpful

• Agree
Upvote 0