What is true forgiveness?

I have been watching a sermon from a Christian psychologist who through is showing me through this video about how all in all in our brain God has given us the choice of free will in the end. She explains how good thoughts based on faith heal neurons and receptors in the brain and how bad thoughts based on fear cause blockages in the physical structure of our mind that looks similar to a patch of weeds.

My point is from what I learned from this sermon is that when we are hurt by other people in order to know that you have fully forgiven another person you also have to repent to Jesus for the wrong that you did, because then through repentance we realize how Christ forgives us and we are supposed to apply that same forgiveness to the person who has hurt us.

Does that mean that person will change and everything will go back to the "good times?"

From my experience, hardly ever.

That's why I also ask the holy spirit to keep me out of harsh conflict with that person and to give me the strength to handle the person weather I feel it is healthy to keep them in my life as an aquatinted friend, or keep minimal to no contact with that person based on the will God has for me and them.

I am a young adult male but I feel I have learned this lesson through my Christian life at a very young age.

I think the most important thing however is that Jesus says in the gospel to pray for our enemies if it ever comes to that, as well as not to judge others based on indifferences between us and them.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Humble Pie
Upvote 0
S

someguy14

As odd as it may seem to the world, God is wathcing and has all vengeance in His hand. :) Rejoice. The wise have all control of every situation and are in control of every situation, great and small. :) God loves us. Forgive. Gods wrath, none of those that follow wickedness, escape. :D Yes I smile, yes I laugh. And so does The LORD cause He is aware of where they are going.

Upvote 0

Humble Pie

Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
✟18,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One simple explanation I've read that makes sense is that forgivness is letting someone off the hook. I think we do this all the time with personal relationships. We squabble, do silly things, then its ironed out and all's good again. You never forget what was said or done but there's no desire for pay back. :)

Upvote 0