What is true Biblical prosperity, and how do we seek it?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@sunlover1 Thank you, Sun Lover, for the encouragement. Possibly, I need to read it again and feed on it, for myself, then, since I always need more real correction and growing in how to be with God and how to relate in love. I can be very theoretical . . . analytical and intellectual, I have been told. So, true prosperity is not only looking and sounding good, but in us how God makes us His way.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@sunlover1 Thank you, Sun Lover, for the encouragement. Possibly, I need to read it again and feed on it, for myself, then, since I always need more real correction and growing in how to be with God and how to relate in love. I can be very theoretical . . . analytical and intellectual, I have been told. So, true prosperity is not only looking and sounding good, but in us how God makes us His way.
I don't relate in love unless I'm under His influence!
Gosh my flesh can be ugly.
Ever notice how the day stinks,
and then after hanging with the
Father for a while, it's all flowers!
lol
I'm analytical and intellectual too,
that's all good! INFP here

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure.
Hmm . . . so this "hidden treasure" in the belly is not only food, I would say, Extraneous!

It says "Your hidden treasure". This would mean what is treasure to God Himself, all that He treasures.

"My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you," (Galatians 4:19)

"'For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.'" (Mathew 6:21, Luke 12:34)

I think of how we humans can have our treasure pleasures. And if something or someone effectively messes with a pleasure which we truly and deeply treasure, then is when we can get to acting like raving lunatics, become unforgiving and bitter and frustrated, and suffer in depression and stress . . . about not having what we have treasured which is less than God.

So, part of prosperity, I think, is how Jesus makes us free and strong so we aren't in bondage to selfish pleasures. And we become loving so we are not only trying to use people. And in real loving we enjoy being with God and we appreciate any time we have to be with anyone, to love and care for anyone, at all, knowing God is trusting us with each person, to love each one. Being able to love, then, is great prosperity.

But ones use entertainers to try to make them feel good; and they so can love these paid-for people who make them feel like they are getting attention. But God's love is free; but I have His love while I live this love; while I am personally caring with people, this has me personally sharing with Him :)

So, loving includes being personal with people, not only being generous with money and time and work. Jesus spent time with His disciples; He did not only use them to serve Him > "He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach," it says in Mark 3:14. And Jesus spent time with the disciples in the garden. So, I now see how ministry is not distant, but personal and freely loving.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't relate in love unless I'm under His influence!
love :) The more we are cured, the better, so we stay this way.

But is God able to cure any evil person, at all?
Well, if you have some raw piggy
and you leave it around,
it will get infections and rot,
and then it will make a big stink.
But if you add some honey to pork,
this can make it taste sweet;
and add some salt,
to help to preserve it;
and slow-cook it in some hickory smoke
to give it a nice flavor and aroma.
And then is when we can ham it up :)

Gosh my flesh can be ugly.
Ever notice how the day stinks,
Oh yes . . . ugly ugly ugly; and the day can be stinky because of how I am being. But if I stop and God restores me, I can be quite surprised at how quickly even things and people around me can be going better. I can in prayer by myself deal with how I have a problem with someone, get into caring for the person and forgiving and praying blessing to the person; then, go be with that person, and I discover how better we are together, than how I was thinking with stinking while I was worrying and criticizing the person. So He can prove my stinky stuff wrong, every time :)

It's what you make it,
how you take it . . .
just don't you fake it! :)

and then after hanging with the
Father for a while, it's all flowers!
lol
yes . . . the fragrance of Jesus

I'm analytical and intellectual too,
that's all good! INFP here

INFP > Introversion and iNtuition and Feeling and Perception.

Well, there is the human way. But I think that in the Holy Spirit we are into some

Introversion > taking a look at how we ourselves are and are doing, inside ourselves > examining if we are how God's love has us being . . . even pleasing to Him >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

So, see how we still need more transformation, in our introspection, then seek in prayer, trusting God to transform us more and more to be like Jesus is so pleasing to Him.

I can get "homesick", when I get into the smelly stinky stuff.

Intuition, I think, can mean we submit to how the Holy Spirit guides us, even when our knowledge of things and people might not seem to match with what He has us doing. Also, I think there can be times when God will lead us better than how we understand His word, even; and what He actually does with us then can be a lesson in all He really means by what we know is in His word :idea: So, no, He never will lead us contrary to His word, but yes contrary to how we imperfectly understand Him.

Feeling > We do need to sense deeply for Him, in order to be how He has us becoming and in order to submit to how He personally leads us . . . more and more, all the time, as we grow in this.

Perception > So, this takes being able to perceive Him, His voice, His working in our willing and doing > Philippians 2:13. If He is indeed working us to will and to do for His good pleasure, I offer we surely will experience and feel Him in us doing all this :) But I am finding He is quiet, but very sensitive and certainly nicer than any pleasures and not how I can be pushing my own self to will and do things.

• Haha
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think our exploration of this can include >

(1) Do we first seek prosperity for God? What is involved in prosperity for God?

(2) What is included in our own personal prosperity? What needs to get the main emphasis?

(3) How do we seek prosperity for ourselves and others?
I think the best answer is
in Jesus own words "MY Words are SPIRIT, and the are LIFE"
and "do not love the world, nor the things of the world " Whoever does cannot be God's friend. As well as "the gentiles (heathen) worry about such things; your heavenly Father knows all you need, so do not even give it a thought; HE provides for the sparrows, right, who neither spin nor toil, ..... and you (ecclesia) are more valuable than a sparrow " - [many sparrows]

What does YHVH Provide ? (that is the world cannot provide)

Continual Daily fellowship, fullness overflowing of righteousness, peace and joy, that the world also cannot take away.

Also, store up treasure in heaven, where thief and rust cannot steal and destroy ; not on earth.

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
These prosperity preachers also dont see that when one member of the body suffers, the whole body suffers. When their brother is in need, they themselves are in in need as well. When their brother is naked, they are naked as well. There is no "I" but there is only the body. Imagine the testimony we would have if we actually were like the Church of Acts 4:32! Imagine the light that would shine.
Why imagine it ? DO what GOD SAYS. DAILY. (even when no one else around does) BE ecclesia, DOing what GOD SAYS DAILY, all the time.

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But is God able to cure any evil person, at all?
Not as u put this, no. Remember as a severe warning all those who God Judges Guilty, and are already Judged by His Word as Jesus Says in His Word, because of their unbelief.

Upvote 0