✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi all! :wave:

I am curious as to what type of vestment is this being worn below (the black head covering with the red crosses)? I have seen it depicted in several icons (typically of Romanian Orthodox saints) and was wondering if someone could tell me the official name of the vestment?

ecaterina-sinai-D-(3a).jpg

sf-stefan-sinaitul-plj.jpg

Sf_Dimitrie-Basarabov_52.jpg

13-2.jpg

13-7.jpg

The part that fits the head looks somewhat similar to the Coptic Kalansowa:

1403a.jpg

suhand

Sep 20, 2015
✟7,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
it is a Syriac Orthodox vestments known as "Eskimo" it is hood worn by Syriac orthodox monks at all times.syriac orthodox likely to be eastern oriental orthodox but the vestments used by syriac orthodox are bit different from oriental orthodox ..we are basically an vestments maker hence we had an opportunity to make these vestments
www.psgvestments.com

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it is a Syriac Orthodox vestments known as "Eskimo" it is hood worn by Syriac orthodox monks at all times.syriac orthodox likely to be eastern oriental orthodox but the vestments used by syriac orthodox are bit different from oriental orthodox ..we are basically an vestments maker hence we had an opportunity to make these vestments
www.psgvestments.com
Hello, Suhand, and welcome to CF and to TAW!

I must say, you had me a bit excited for a moment, seeing the names of EO posters I'm not familiar with. I thought people were starting to post who had been quiet. :) I didn't realize for a moment that this was an old thread.

No matter, very nice to meet you, and I hope you are blessed here!

Upvote 0

suhand

Sep 20, 2015
✟7,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Suhand, and welcome to CF and to TAW!

I must say, you had me a bit excited for a moment, seeing the names of EO posters I'm not familiar with. I thought people were starting to post who had been quiet. :) I didn't realize for a moment that this was an old thread.

No matter, very nice to meet you, and I hope you are blessed here!

hello Kylissa,
Thank you very much for your appreciation ,i am suhand barnabas from india .i am new to this christianforums.com ..i just joined today ..i dint notice the date ..i am really blessed here .very interesting topics and gospel messages

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you talk with him? I would expect being able to speak with a schema monk is something..

I do, there are two here. Fr Afanasy is one, and the abbot is the other. both are/were my professors here.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0