What is this necessary “Wedding Garment”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And ad hominem attacks upon a persons character and assonating them publicly is not a sin ?

Making false accusations about someone is not a sin ?

He assumed I currently live in sin, and or I am living filthy (implying that I am living in sin that the Bible condemns), and yet he does not know my life. He is making an accusation based on no real evidence. If I was living in such a way, I would not have the courage to come to these forums, and rebuke those who think they can treat God's grace as a license for immorality. Why? Because I know that being a hypocrite would only be condemnation upon myself. But folks in your camp see all sin as the same (When the Bible teaches otherwise - See 1 John 5:16-17). You believe king David was saved WHILE he committed his sins of adultery and murder. So I doubt you are really going to understand where I am coming from. It is my prayer one day, that the Lord will open your eyes on the most important topic that is extremely vital to the faith and life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He assumed I currently live in sin, and or I am living filthy (implying that I am living in sin that the Bible condemns), and yet he does not know my life. He is making an accusation based on no real evidence. If I was living in such a way, I would not have the courage to come to these forums, and rebuke those who think they can treat God's grace as a license for immorality. Why? Because I know that being a hypocrite would only be condemnation upon myself. But folks in your camp see all sin as the same (When the Bible teaches otherwise - See 1 John 5:16-17). You believe king David was saved WHILE he committed his sins of adultery and murder. So I doubt you are really going to understand where I am coming from. It is my prayer one day, that the Lord will open your eyes on the most important topic that is extremely vital to the faith and life.
So then why not bless those who curse you as Jesus commands ?

Why defend yourself and attack back ?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then why not bless those who curse you as Jesus commands ?

Why defend yourself and attack back ?

Many times I do bless those who attack me.

As for attacking back: I do not feel it is wrong to point out how others accuse me of things that they have no real actual evidence for. In other words, if Rick asked to Bob how long he was beating his wife and yet Rick had no real evidence of such a thing, he is making a baseless accusation and it is not wrong for Bob to point out to Rick that he is being accused falsely with no real evidence. The thief on the cross defended Jesus against the false claims made by the other thief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Many times I do bless those who attack me.

As for attacking back: I do not feel it is wrong to point out how others accuse me of things that they have no real actual evidence for. In other words, if Rick asked to Bob how long he was beating his wife and yet Rick had no real evidence of such a thing, he is making a baseless accusation and it is not wrong for Bob to point out to Rick that he is being accused falsely no real evidence.

Why does there always have to be a Rick in your stories :scratch:

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No. Then you have to ignore verses like Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1 in order to make your slanted view on the Scriptures come true.
I do not ignore scripture, and I know these well. What I am trying to grasp is how they became reality,
a part of your life experience. Did you simply confess these scriptures over yourself, just read and believe, as in "the Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it", or did you endure a great trial of affliction.
We overcome by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of our testimony. I only speak as the man who wrote the scriptures you quote from. Paul suffered an unimaginable number of trials, as did the other Apostles. Peter wrote "he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin". You can quote a lot of scriptures, all of which I am very familiar with, and that does not constitute a testimony. I have not
come on to this public forum and testified to things that I have endured, but I also do not make judgmental statements about "most Christians" and those of such and such a camp.
I made no attack on you personally. If all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all
therefore must be cleansed of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, then all begin from a
place of acknowledging being in that place. It doesn't magically go away because you read the Bible.
It does not happen because you accept Christ. If that were true, why is Paul telling believers, "you must cleanse yourself of all filth", and "we all will suffer persecution." It is YOUR TESTIMONY that matters, not
the Bible verses you quote that you feel support your position in a debate.
If you are so pure, why are you so quick to take offense and condemn others?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Also, have you ever slowly read and thought about the words in Job 1:1, Luke 1:5-6, and Revelation 14:3-5? My guess is that you have to reject these words in Scripture or you have to alter them in order to make your belief so. I mean, do you even believe 2 Corinthians 7:1? I just do not see how that is possible by what you say.
Let's talk about Job 1:1. I take it that is you in this scenario. And yet when a great trial of affliction came
upon him, his faith was found wanting, and God called him on the carpet for it. Could this be the kind of
suffering that Peter spoke of in 1 Peter 4, which you have quoted? If your testimony today is that I have
suffered, even as Job suffered, and I have come through as pure gold, and can say by the grace of God that I am set free from my sin nature, then your testimony is surely worthy to be shared with others.
If not, don't start telling me that I need to go "read the Bible slowly". What is becoming evident is how you have lived it. Please, no more data dumps on this thread.
I read way to slowly to get anything out of it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not ignore scripture, and I know these well. What I am trying to grasp is how they became reality,
a part of your life experience. Did you simply confess these scriptures over yourself, just read and believe, as in "the Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it", or did you endure a great trial of affliction.
We overcome by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of our testimony. I only speak as the man who wrote the scriptures you quote from. Paul suffered an unimaginable number of trials, as did the other Apostles. Peter wrote "he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin". You can quote a lot of scriptures, all of which I am very familiar with, and that does not constitute a testimony. I have not
come on to this public forum and testified to things that I have endured, but I also do not make judgmental statements about "most Christians" and those of such and such a camp.
I made no attack on you personally. If all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all
therefore must be cleansed of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, then all begin from a
place of acknowledging being in that place. It doesn't magically go away because you read the Bible.
It does not happen because you accept Christ. If that were true, why is Paul telling believers, "you must cleanse yourself of all filth", and "we all will suffer persecution." It is YOUR TESTIMONY that matters, not
the Bible verses you quote that you feel support your position in a debate.
If you are so pure, why are you so quick to take offense and condemn others?

Three problems with what you said here.

Problem #1. You do not appear to rebuke others here in this thread who do justify the idea that a person can sin and still be saved. This is why you fail to understand why I judge the majority of Christianity who do justify a sin and still be saved type belief (on some level). Most Christians today believe they can abide in unconfessed sin on some level and still be saved. This is not a baseless claim, but it is my experience of visiting many churches, and talking to Christians on various online forums.

Problem #2. While it is true that suffering for the cause of Christ is one way to overcome mortal sin, it is not the only method or way to overcome mortal sin in the Bible; No offense, but I am not sure how you can believe this is possibe. In fact, I do not see how you can believe such verses like 2 Corinthians 7:1, 1 Corinthians 10:13, 1 Peter 4:1-2, Galatians 5:24, etc. (See points #1, and #3). You said, “I know for a fact that I will be striving against sin as long as I am in skin.” This suggests that you don't believe these verses. You even hold to the false sin and still be saved proponent interpretation that Paul was speaking in the present tense life as a Christian when he said he was the the chief of sinners, when in reality Paul clearly was referring to his past old life (if we were to actually read the context).

Problem #3. You outright accused me of being filthy because I quoted 2 Corinthians 7:1. Are you saying that Paul was a hypocrite when he said these words towards the Corinthians? You just said I was filthy without any real evidence in post #139. That would be like asking me how long have I beated my wife with no real evidence. What if next time you were talking to one of the 144,000? Would you accuse them of being filthy? Revelation 14:3-5 makes it clear that they were found without fault before the throne of God in regards to their holy conduct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,630.00
Country