Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think Donald knows what he is doing.
Donald Trump won the presidency and this is something that nobody predicted, especially me.
When somebody does the impossible against the predictions of everybody else, it is hard to keep up the pretense that we know what is going on better than he does.

We can look on this like war of rhetoric as juvenile, because it is very first grade. What we cannot do is presume therefore that it is the wrong path for him to be taking.
We know that the path that we were on was the wrong one, because North Korea has the nuclear warheads now. The only wrong path is to stay on the one that we were on, and expect that things will somehow turn out differently through doing the same thing.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We have checks and balances in two houses of Congress , the Supreme Court and the Presidency. All of which have leverage against the other. Our politicians have just as much risk of losing their jobs as members of your Parliament. The Crown is a joke and has no power left but the power of celebrity and any advice from that quarter would most likely be snickered at by the real political powers after she left the room.

A PM can be voted out in a very short time - your President is there for the full term of office, subject to any legal actions that may impeach him/her.

In a (small) nutshell: The Crown can refuse to sign Acts of Parliament into being - they are meaningless until Royal Assent is given. The Crown can prorogue Parliament if certain conditions prevail, as well as in readiness for normal elections. The PM is a Crown appointment (First Lord of the Treasury), within the rules for elections. This is why Jeremy Corbyn has has been stopped from saying that he should be allowed to form a Government because he has the 2nd greatest number of seats - the Crown will not entertain that because he actually lost the election and, even if all the other likely parties supported him, he would not have a majority of even one, therefore the Crown has not called upon him to form a Government, much to his dismay, after all the hubris! The Crown is there for good reason.

The PM and the Crown meet weekly to talk about issues raised by either of them. It would a foolish PM who ignored the Crown's serious advice. The Privy Council Meeting allows the Crown to seek information from a wider group of people - both the PM and the Leader of the Crown's Loyal Opposition, and all those who are Right Honourables (in or out of Parliament) in both Houses. The Privy Council can make Orders in Council, some of which can be Statutory and others by Royal Prerogative. The Crown is also Head of State of a large number of other countries.

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is, will it work with North Korea

So will North Korea give up their only realistic defense because Trump taunts them that he has bigger launch button than the rocket man ?

Yeah, let’s think about that for a second.....

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
So will North Korea give up their only realistic defense because Trump taunts them that he has bigger launch button than the rocket man ?

Yeah, let’s think about that for a second.....
Right. Is there an example of any country that, once it had nukes, gave them up?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not so. As I said, there's several interviews of him from the 80s that prove otherwise.
And I heard plenty enough from him in the eighties to know even back then that he was a spoiled little brat.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I heard plenty enough from him in the eighties to know even back then that he was a spoiled little brat.
I'm not saying he was a morally sound man, I'm only saying he wasn't and isn't dumb, despite the act he puts on now - he's intelligent.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not saying he was a morally sound man, I'm only saying he wasn't and isn't dumb, despite the act he puts on now - he's intelligent.
Oh, I never said he was unintelligent. I simply said he is a juvenile narcissist.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh, I never said he was unintelligent. I simply said he is a juvenile narcissist.
Most politicians tend to be narcissistic. Obama certainly was.
As for juvenile, Trump himself compared himself to a five year old boy.

• Agree
Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was disturbance, but no war.

Nobody talked about war, but what you have is Russian occupied East Ukraine with proxy rebels.

Putin might have thought twice at that if Ukraine had kept their nukes instead of believing empty Russian promises of honoring Ukraine’s sovereignty.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Russian military intervention in Ukraine (2014–present) - Wikipedia

Cross-border artillery shelling[edit]
Main article: Russian cross-border artillery shelling of Ukraine (2014)
Russia shelled Ukrainian units from across the border since mid-July.[202][203] On 11 July 2014 Ukrainian camp in Zelenopillya village near Ukrainian-Russian border was shelled by modern Russian MLRS system 9K51M "Tornado-G", suffering heavy casualties.[204][205]

Main article: Zelenopillya rocket attack
On 24 July the American government stated that it had evidence that the Russian military was firing on Ukrainian territory from across the border. A spokesman for the US Department of Defence stated that there was "no question" as to Russia's involvement in the attacks on Ukrainian Armed Forces.[206] On 28 July it published satellite photos showing heavy artillery shelling Ukrainian positions from Russian territory.[207] On 27 July, U.S. officials confirmed Russia had shelled Ukrainian territory.[208] At the time, Russian government spokesman denied these allegations.[209]

The shelling escalated at least one week prior to the invasion.[210] According to NATO reports, Russian military shelled Ukrainian positions across the border from mid-August, and by 22 August, Russian artillery and personnel had crossed the border into Ukraine itself.[211][212]

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0