What is the worst film you ever saw and why?

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the worst film you ever watched?

I watched what was supposed to be the cult horror film of 1980

Christmas evil. Where this guy who works in a toy factory decides he is Santa and judges adults who are naughty by killing them with sharp toys.

Avoid at all costs the acting was amateur at best, the plot was non existent and I could not wait till the end was glad it was only ninety minutes long

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Batman and Robin - I don't know how anyone at any point could perceive anything (except for Alfred 'dying', that had potential) about that production as a good idea. It's awful on every conceivable level.

Jaws 4: The Revenge - I get why it was made, even though the franchise was in decline it was still profitable. But at some point during the production someone should have realized 'hold the phone, there's a roaring shark here...that explodes for no reason when it get's stabbed by the boat. The shark can catch up to a plane. The main character has flash backs to events she was never a witness to...maybe we need to work on this a bit more'. But nope, it happened, and it was awful.

Superbad - the only time I've ever almost (and should have) walked out of a movie.

Most disappointing: these aren't 'worse' than the ones above in terms of being in general awful, but they're around the same level of disdain because they aren't as good as they could/should have been (or they weren't what was advertised, or they didn't live up to their potential)

Spiderman 3 - Except for JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson, I hated every thing about this movie. As Spiderman and Venom fan, it ticked me off to no end.

X-Men 3/Origins Wolverine: Both flicks suffered from an over-abundance of shoving mutants in just cause they could, changing the characters in ways that were a disservice to fans (eg Gambit, Cyclops, and especially Deadpool), and sacrificed story for action pieces (in films with mutants action pieces are necessary, but shouldn't be there just for the sake of being there).

Iron Man 3 - outside of RDJ's performance, I hate this flick. Not at all what we should have gotten. Hugely disappointing. Look at the tone from that first trailer - THAT'S the Iron Man movie I want, that's the Mandarin I want.

Prometheus - Here's a flick that I can enjoy for what it is, but I'm still disappointed that it's not what it should be. I swear, Ridley Scott became so adamant that this wasn't a straight up prequel to Alien that it became a detriment to the movie. Everything about that movie screams Alien - and if you change a few things, you still have a movie that establishes it's own story to spin off from while being a prequel (and a rare excellent one) . But now if the studio ever decides to do an Alien prequel, we'll have a movie that has to tell almost the exact same story as Prometheus. Makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to pick but here a few that instantly come to mind:

Gigli
Battlefield Earth
Mac and Me
Heaven's Gate
Superstar
Amores Peros
The Princess Bride
In the Mood for Love
White Chicks
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
BloodRayne
Batman & Robin
Metal Tornado
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
The Garbagepail Kids Movie
The Last Airbender
Alien vs. Predator
Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton version)
Jingle All the Way
Sphere
Timeline
The Matrix Revolutions
Midnight Cowboy

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I tend to love alot of movies others do. I also tend to love movies most everyone thinks is trash like Battlefield Earth, Waterworld...well alot of the movies on that list above. ^_^ Worst movie I seen? Hmm. Theres so many I couldn't name one. I'm into B movies so none of those are to bad for me. More of a hilarious worth watching bad.

I can't honestly think of any. I've never even walked out of a movie (not counting from headaches). My dad watches alot of movies made more for kids. Those movies I tend to hate because the humor is so childish that it comes off as stupid to me. Like Diary of a Wimpy Kid...ugh. Oh there was a bad movie recently I seen. Grown Ups 2. Nearly walked out of it because it was so stupid and offensive at some points. Felt like a movie for teens.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Mame with Lucille Ball, from 1974. Well, it is not the worst, but could count as one of a number of films which I feel to be stinkers. Don't get me wrong, I am a Lucille Ball fan, and I usually get a kick out of classic musicals. But Lucille Ball was such a legendary talent that I know she could have done better than this. It wasn't her best performance by a long shot. No offense to those who like it. I just happened to see it on an old movie channel several years ago, and just wasn't impressed.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Another honorable mention: The Stupids. It was made sometime in the '90s, and really was true to its title. There was one part, however, that I felt was kind of cute, and that was Tom Arnold singing I'm My Own Grandpa. It was a song my dad used to have on an old tape a long time ago by a duo called Alonzo and Oscar, so it was a song I heard while growing up, and one that really intrigued me. This is the version from The Stupids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFopxo_-12Y

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think it was Linda Lovelace Goes to Washington.

My sister's first boyfriend managed a theater at one point. I stopped by to say hi and this is what was playing.

It was 'R' rated but had the plot of a XXX.

It still was a fun night, I spent it talking to the projectionist and learning how things worked back then when files were really film and took multiple reels. Switchover had better be done right.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm going to preface this post with noting that I am a B movie fan. When I have a weekend with the TV to myself, I watch all the bad movies on the SyFy channel and love every minute of the awful movies, even with the bad plots, bad acting and bad special effects.

That being said, I got a spider movie from Netflix called The Creepies. This is a home-made quality movie and it shows. The spiders were either mass-copied CGI or Radio Shack toy spiders. The acting was so bad. In a few scenes, a tank drives through the town after the giant spiders - a plastic toy tank that wiggled in a way that a tank never could. The effects were just awful overall. The plot was actually a good scifi plot, but it was not enough to make this an even reasonably decent movie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 28, 2013
Oklahoma City
✟22,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A tossup between The Goonies (some of the off-color "humor" was OUT OF PLACE in a so-called "kids" film) and There's Something About Mary (swore off all R-rated comedy movies after walking out in disgust after 15 minutes of that one).

Regrettably, both films are regarded as "classic" by the misguided.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh I thought of a terrible movie. Its one of the most popular too... Avatar. Its essentially pocahontas but with aliens. The graphics weren't to bad of course but overall the movie was so stupid for me. I watched it once and I have tried watching it a second time but I can never sit through it.

Upvote 0

Dizredux

Dec 20, 2013
✟10,521.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Let us not forget what is considered as the worst movie ever released from the worst director of all time...Plan 9 from Outer Space.

It was so bad, they made a movie about making the movie...Ed Wood which won two academy awards including a best supporting actor for Martin Landau playing Bela Lugosi.

Shortly into making Plan 9, Lugosi died and Wood used clips from other movies and some other scenes using a cloaked stand in. Knowing this adds to the fun.

A few other things to watch or be aware of, makes watching the film more fun.

Wood never shot a scene twice. What he got he used. The actress playing the Vampire girl was so embarrassed about being in the movie she refused to speak a word.

Some of the fun parts: Watch for the cop scratching his head with a gun, the police leaving and arriving at the scene, one in the morning, one at night and the all time favorite, having the actors in a graveyard scene knocking against the props and having them bounce back and forth and many many others.

If you decide to watch them, you need to watch Plan 9 first otherwise you will not understand ED Wood.

A caution, in the movie Ed Wood, Wood was a cross dresser and even made a movie about it Glen or Glenda. He remained married to the second wife in the film for the rest of his life.

Some may not wish to watch this due to religious issues and that's OK but for others Plan 9 is a true "Hoot" and perhaps *the* classic bad movie.

Dizredux

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Drive with Ryan Gosling. That movie just drraaaaaaaaggggsss on and personally, I find the music in it coupled with the pointless nonsensical artsy fartsy scenes throughout to be simply boring. I don't think I've ever disliked a movie more than Drive.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, come on. This movie is actually pretty good. I almost cry at the end.

The best thing about that film was the actual Turbo Man action figure that they produced. I had one as a kid and it was amazing. Heck, I think it's still sequestered away in my parents' basement somewhere.^_^

Upvote 0

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
These are in no particular order.

Knowing- I thought this movie looked great when I saw the previews (I should've known better but I was young :thumbsup: ). I was so disappointed with the ending lol. It was incredibly stupid and cliche.

Chronicle- I don't know WHY so many people consider this to be a great movie. "Found footage" movies need to stop. Yeah the story was tragic but I just couldn't get into it. Ugh. And "ANDREW STOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!" got really annoying -.-

Spider-Man 3- I don't hate this movie as much as most people but... it is pretty stupid. Peter and Mary Jane just don't make sense, Harry's "amnesia" is the worst cop-out ever, and I just didn't like Sandman. Plus, Venom was always my favorite villain and they really ruined him. I was like 12 when I saw this in theaters and I could tell they screwed him up ^_^

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talking of films you nearly walked out of the theatre because they were so bad? How about the Blair witch project. Supposedly at the time billed as the scariest film ever...please I sat through half the film a trying not to laugh and b wondering when it got scary. The other half I spent looking after the woman sat next to me who was having an asthma attack....I didn't miss not seeing the end of what was a pointless exercise in film. I have avoided every " found footage" film ever since. It's just lazy film making in my opinion.

Upvote 0