What is the true cause of a disease? How to get healed from any illness, including Corona Virus?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is the true cause of a disease? How to get healed from any illness, including Corona Virus?

• “From above He has sent fire into my bones and it has laid them low. He has spread a net for my feet; He has turned me back; He has made me amazed and faint all the day.” (Lamentations 1.13).

Unfortunately, many times we wish to believe in Christ, but without depend on Him. We look for someone or something (including the Holy Scripture) that sort out all our predicaments and make us to get over all bad situation by ourselves. Indeed, many of our prayers aims at it.

Nonetheless, what is the cause of a disease?

• “And the inhabitant shall not say, *I am sick*: the people that dwell therein shall be *forgiven their iniquity*.” (Isaiah 33.24).
• “When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I confessed my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden.” (Psalms 32.3-5).

See that illness has to do with sin. So much so that James gave the following advice:

• “Is any sick among you? *Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him*, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. *Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed*. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5.14-16).

Observe that James didn’t say: “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the doctors”, but “Let him call for the elders of the church”. Is it so that there is not a wise one among you, not even one in your midst who shall be able to heal the infirm (see 1Corinthians 6.5)? Why do we need to quest for those who are least esteemed in the church in order to get healed? Especially considering that:

• “And miraculous signs will follow to those believing these things: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them. They will lay hands on the sick, and they will be well.” (Mark 16.17,18).

Once Jesus Christ doesn’t lie and the Holy Scripture don’t fail, why isn’t this promise being fulfilled in the Church of Jesus? Where are the ministers of the gospel to be used by Christ for this purport? Jesus has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows. With His stripes we ourselves are healed. (Isaiah 53.4,5; 1Peter 2.24). He is the true Tree of Life (see John 15.1; Revelation 22.2) whose leafs further the healing.

So, starting from me, let’s take the Holy Scripture seriously, believe in His promises and seek in Christ to realize why these ones aren’t being accomplished in us and through us. Only thus we will be able to have a miraculous day and be a miracle in the lives around us.

Jun 2, 2019
Somewhere
✟30,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God sometimes makes people sick because of their sin, but not every sick person is sick because of their own sin.

God can heal all illnesses, but He won't always heal people who are sick even if it's no fault of their own, sometimes it's God's will for people not to be healed.

We cannot say "I trust in God, therefore I won't get sick or die from COVID-19".

We can say "I trust in God, therefore I don't have to be afraid while getting sick or dying from COVID-19".

Upvote 0