Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can we tell the story behind the Avatar? I'll go first.

Why would I have a picture of a white dove. This story is precious to me.

About 10 years ago we had a decision to make that was heart wretching and life changing. We prayed and prayed about it, but was still undecided what to do.

I opened the door one morning and this white dove landed on my head. I knew in my Spirit that this was from God. We lived in Texas and it very seldom snows - we had snow at this time and the white dove lived in the palm tree tucked behind the leaves. It would come and eat out of my hand.

I felt peace come upon our household and we finally made the decision we needed to make and the day that we made the decision, the white dove left.

It ended up being the right decision and changed our lives and our son's and his family also.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I love music and I'm a singer
upload_2015-5-30_12-43-30.jpeg

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to be into astronomy when I was younger. Still have a fascination with it. I was going to go with a picture of the star Aldebaran, same as my username, but ended up with what I thought was a more "visual" picture, the Andromeda Galaxy.

Reactions: fiddlejen
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Mine is to remember the faith Jesus gave to St Peter that he could walk on water too, but of course St Peter didn't keep the faith and sank down that day saying, "Save me".

also reminds me of the first time I saw Jesus in person November 1996 while attending the Brownsville Revival church in Pensacola, Florida.

I'm here to tell you folks He is really real and cares about every little detail of your lives.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine is to remember the faith Jesus gave to St Peter that he could walk on water too, but of course St Peter didn't keep the faith and sank down that day saying, "Save me".

also reminds me of the first time I saw Jesus in person November 1996 while attending the Brownsville Revival church in Pensacola, Florida.

I'm here to tell you folks He is really real and cares about every little detail of your lives.
Would love to hear the story if it is not too personal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mines unfinished. the center orb represents the inner spiritual realm of eternity ,the outer orbs represent the outer creation of God ,the dove represents the Holy Spirit who came from the inner eternal to the outer temporal to teach and comfort us ... to it i hope to add cross and sword to encapsulate the tool by which the veil between the two was rent open to give us access to the father and the sword of the word who is both the lord jesus and the one who became that veil and was torn open to make the way to the father open ...

this is a nice thread topic ..
I think they should make a specific box on our profile where we can explain our profile pic .

i see some rather odd ones (by odd i mean questionable ) a few of us a few years back noted some trends also where peoples who had pics that were of a questionable or even darker nature ..would reflect that in their posting style .

Reactions: SharonL
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mines unfinished. the center orb represents the inner spiritual realm of eternity ,the outer orbs represent the outer creation of God ,the dove represents the Holy Spirit who came from the inner eternal to the outer temporal to teach and comfort us ... to it i hope to add cross and sword to encapsulate the tool by which the veil between the two was rent open to give us access to the father and the sword of the word who is both the lord jesus and the one who became that veil and was torn open to make the way to the father open ...

this is a nice thread topic ..
I think they should make a specific box on our profile where we can explain our profile pic .

i see some rather odd ones (by odd i mean questionable ) a few of us a few years back noted some trends also where peoples who had pics that were of a questionable or even darker nature ..would reflect that in their posting style .
How beautiful and tells the whole story in a postage stamp size. Very creative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My current avatar is one of the prayer bracelets I have been making, which I give to other people to let them know I have prayed for them.
All the colours have a meaning, and I wrote the poem.

Pink - healing
Red - love
Aqua - water of the Spirit
Yellow - joy
Emerald - mercy
Rose pink - God’s loving care.

May God grant healing and make you whole,
may the love of Jesus touch your soul.
May the water of God revive every part,
may the joy of the Lord fill your heart.
May God, in his mercy, hear this prayer,
may the Father keep you in his loving care.

I'm working on bookmarks for the men.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My current avatar is one of the prayer bracelets I have been making, which I give to other people to let them know I have prayed for them.
All the colours have a meaning, and I wrote the poem.

Pink - healing
Red - love
Aqua - water of the Spirit
Yellow - joy
Emerald - mercy
Rose pink - God’s loving care.

May God grant healing and make you whole,
may the love of Jesus touch your soul.
May the water of God revive every part,
may the joy of the Lord fill your heart.
May God, in his mercy, hear this prayer,
may the Father keep you in his loving care.

I'm working on bookmarks for the men.
Strong in Him:

Very nice! :) You could also make the beads into earrings, at least for women; and although men wear earrings, too, sometimes, they probably wouldn't be in that style. So bookmarks are a good idea.

My avatar: my wife and I are Canadian!

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very nice! :)

Thank you. I have also made bracelets for "blessings" and "peace".

My avatar: my wife and I are Canadian!

Really?? ;)
I had guessed actually.

I knew someone who planned to emigrate to Canada to set up a healing centre. He and his wife got out there ok, but apparently it all went pear shaped and he was back a year or so later. It must have been a lot of upheaval; it's a shame he didn't get a temporary visa first. (But his wife got to see her new grandchildren, so I think she was rather pleased.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I have also made bracelets for "blessings" and "peace".

Really?? ;)
I had guessed actually.

I knew someone who planned to emigrate to Canada to set up a healing centre. He and his wife got out there ok, but apparently it all went pear shaped and he was back a year or so later. It must have been a lot of upheaval; it's a shame he didn't get a temporary visa first. (But his wife got to see her new grandchildren, so I think she was rather pleased.)
Strong in Him:

Canada is actually one of the world's premiere immigration destinations. The Citizenship and Immigration ministry has a backlog of several years in some categories; so ppl do need to get their visa ducks in a row... :)

Blessings.

Upvote 0