What is the significance of being anointed ?

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there anyone have insight into what it means to be anointed by God or the significance of it when God does anoint your spirit..

“Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭

I’ve hadn’t been really discipled or taught the word of God only been learning by reading the word of God for myself and what the Spirit of God teaches me...?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there anyone have insight into what it means to be anointed by God or the significance of it when God does anoint your spirit..

“Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.”

I’ve hadn’t been really discipled or taught the word of God only been learning by reading the word of God for myself and what the Spirit of God teaches me...?
I'm guessing! It Could mean you have been set apart/called to walk in purpose.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

One part of getting anointed with special gifts seems to be humility.

Because of my daughter I listened to many sermons and testimonies by Todd White. He begged Messiah Yeshua - Jesus for wisdom...... and it sure seems that he got it to my thinking.

He takes his errors and sins from the past and uses them to encourage others and prove to everybody that if he can overcome and be healed of drug addiction..... then we can be healed of whatever sin it is that we are stuck in.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so does it also mean God has sealed you with His Spirit that he claimed you as his own that you belong to him..?
I would like to believe we all belong to Him. The only problem is, we stray from his path and cause our own destruction as a result.

Upvote 0