What is the Salvation Equation?

• Salvation = Works Alone (without God's grace).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

(Please vote in the poll).

Note 1:

Please take not that I am not asking the question because I don't know the answer. I am asking so that you can share your belief and defend it with the Bible.

Note 2:

I am assuming Glorification (a Work of GOD) is held by most believers because they hold to the view that GOD will one say bring them into His Kingdom one day. So this aspect of salvation is implied in most of all the choices below.

Note 3:

The gospel (according to the poll) is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Note 4:

This does not refer to the kind of faith that received on one's death bed, but a faith that lives itself out over the course of a person's life.

Jesus - without Him ... we can do nothing.

Without Him ... there is no grace
Without Him ... there is no faith
Without Him ... there are not works

Hebrews 12:2

Berean Study Bible
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus - without Him ... we can do nothing.

Without Him ... there is no grace
Without Him ... there is no faith
Without Him ... there are not works

Hebrews 12:2

Berean Study Bible
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Right, but this a cooperation.
For why would we pray so as not to be led into temptation?
(See: Matthew 26:41).
Why are we told that blessed is the man who resists temptation, and by his doing so he will receive the crown of life?
(See: James 1:12).
What happens if he doesn't resist temptation? Can he still receive the crown of life?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right, but this a cooperation.
(See: Matthew 26:41).
Why are we told that blessed is the man who resists temptation, and by his doing so he will receive the crown of life?
(See: James 1:12).
What happens if he doesn't resist temptation? Can he still receive the crown of life?

Without His Holy Spirit working in us we can do nothing.

Romans 8:26-27

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

The power to resist comes from Him

1 Corinthians 10

13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it.

1 John 1:9

Good News Translation
But if we confess our sins to God, He will keep his promise and do what is right: He will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing.

2nd Corinthians 3:5
English Standard Version
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,

Without His Spirit working in us there is no co-operation found in us.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Philippians 1:6
New Living Translation
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Without His Holy Spirit working in us we can do nothing.

Romans 8:26-27

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

The power to resist comes from Him

1 Corinthians 10

13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it.

1 John 1:9

Good News Translation
But if we confess our sins to God, He will keep his promise and do what is right: He will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing.

2nd Corinthians 3:5
English Standard Version
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,

Without His Spirit working in us there is no co-operation found in us.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

New Living Translation
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Again, I am not discounting that our power to resist comes from God. We can do nothing without the Lord (John 15:5). But it appears like you think that we are rag dolls being moved about against our own free will or cooperation, though. If what you say is true, then there is no need to pray so as not to be led into temptation if it is all God forcing you to do what He desires. If things are as you suggest, then there would be no need to heed the words of Jesus that say that we are to pray so as not to be led into temptation. Think.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, I am not discounting that our power to resist comes from God. We can do nothing without the Lord (John 15:5). But it appears like you think that we are rag dolls being moved about against our own free will or cooperation, though. If what you say is true, then there is no need to pray so as not to be led into temptation if it is all God forcing you to do what He desires. If things are as you suggest, then there would be no need to heed the words of Jesus that say that we are to pray so as not to be led into temptation. Think.

no ... I think you are misunderstanding .... I'll try to explain better.

We willingly (free choice) surrendered our will to Him when we asked Him to come into our lives and change us ... change our will.

Is it His will we pray? Yes
Is it His will we resist temptation. Yes
Is it His will we study His Word and heed it? Yes
Is it His will for us to listen to the Holy Spirit? Yes
Is it His will for us to share the gospel? Yes
Is it His will for us to overcome our sin? Yes

etc. etc. etc.

Anything found "good" in us is from Him ... changing our will

Anything "not good" .... that's us ... our will.
Can one reject His will? Yes (we always have free choice)

We asked Him to change our will ... and this is the change(s) that occurs over the course of our lives ... through His work in the believer.

Thy will be done .... not my will be done ... and we willingly asked Him to change us to that end.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

It's acknowledging it is Him that works in us His changing OUR will, because we asked Him to ... not because He forced us to ... or forces us to.

I am thankful He changes my will ... because I lack the ability to. I can do nothing without Him.

Glory be to Him!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no ... I think you are misunderstanding .... I'll try to explain better.

We willingly (free choice) surrendered our will to Him when we asked Him to come into our lives and change us ... change our will.

Is it His will we pray? Yes
Is it His will we resist temptation. Yes
Is it His will we study His Word and heed it? Yes
Is it His will for us to listen to the Holy Spirit? Yes
Is it His will for us to share the gospel? Yes
Is it His will for us to overcome our sin? Yes

etc. etc. etc.

Anything found "good" in us is from Him ... changing our will

Anything "not good" .... that's us ... our will.
Can one reject His will? Yes (we always have free choice)

We asked Him to change our will ... and this is the change(s) that occurs over the course of our lives ... through His work in the believer.

Thy will be done .... not my will be done ... and we willingly asked Him to change us to that end.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

It's acknowledging it is Him that works in us His changing OUR will, because we asked Him to ... not because He forced us to ... or forces us to.

I am thankful He changes my will ... because I lack the ability to. I can do nothing without Him.

Glory be to Him!

Show me in Scripture where we are told to agree that God takes over our free will and He forces us to obey Him as a part of accepting Him?

I don’t see that in the Scriptures.
We are told in the Bible to continue in the faith, continue in God’s grace, and to continue in His goodness. These statements would be meaningless rubbish or a lie if what you are saying is true.

Also, it is redundant or overkill for Jesus to tell us to pray so as not to be led in temptation if that is just something we automatically do as a part of being saved or born again. So far, I just do not see your belief here in the Bible.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Show me in Scripture where we are told to agree that God takes over our free will and He forces us to obey Him as a part of accepting Him?

I don’t see that in the Scriptures.
We are told in the Bible to continue in the faith, continue in God’s grace, and to continue in His goodness. These statements would be meaningless rubbish or a lie if what you are saying is true.

Also, it is redundant or overkill for Jesus to tell us to pray so as not to be led in temptation if that is just something we automatically do as a part of being saved or born again. So far, I just do not see your belief here in the Bible.

you are stating things that I did not say.

I didn't say this ... there's no force involved ... I asked Him to come into my life and change my will ... and he does so and will continue to do so unless I walk away from Him.

Matthew 6:10
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

When we accept Him as our Lord and Savior ... He starts working His will in our life ... because we ASKED Him to ... His will includes obeying Him and we can not do that unless He helps us to.

Without Him we can do nothing.

Jesus himself

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. (John 5:30)

In John 15:1-8, then, Jesus really means that without Him we can do nothing. Within the immediate context, the "doing" refers to bearing fruit that will glorify God. If we expand the context all the way back to the beginning of His discourse in John 13, we find other things He told them to do that cannot truly be done without Him. He instructed His disciples to keep His commandments, to keep His words, and to love one another as He had loved them. Trying to do those things without Christ will result in fruit that does not glorify the Father, because we are incapable of doing them correctly and/or fully on our own!

so .. ok ... keep your freewill if you want ... and you can

me ... I don't want my freewill ... I want Gods will ... that is where freedom truly is.

1 Corinthians 7:22
For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ.

Happy to be a slave of Christ.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I didn't say this ... there's no force involved ... I asked Him to come into my life and change my will ... and he does so and will continue to do so unless I walk away from Him.

Matthew 6:10
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

When we accept Him as our Lord and Savior ... He starts working His will in our life ... because we ASKED Him to ... His will includes obeying Him and we can not do that unless He helps us to.

Without Him we can do nothing.

Jesus himself

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. (John 5:30)

In John 15:1-8, then, Jesus really means that without Him we can do nothing. Within the immediate context, the "doing" refers to bearing fruit that will glorify God. If we expand the context all the way back to the beginning of His discourse in John 13, we find other things He told them to do that cannot truly be done without Him. He instructed His disciples to keep His commandments, to keep His words, and to love one another as He had loved them. Trying to do those things without Christ will result in fruit that does not glorify the Father, because we are incapable of doing them correctly and/or fully on our own!

so .. ok ... keep your freewill if you want ... and you can

me ... I don't want my freewill ... I want Gods will ... that is where freedom truly is.

1 Corinthians 7:22
For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ.

Happy to be a slave of Christ.

Okay. Nowhere did I suggest that we should walk away from Christ or not obey Him. I am saying that you have to cooperate with God out of your own free will. If it was not this way, then God would force you to obey Him. Seeing you are now saying that you can walk away from Him, this proves that you have free will and that you have to actively choose this day (every day) in Him you will serve. God does not make people to believe or to obey as some teach. The Lord can open our eyes to the truth, but it is our responsibility to seek forgiveness and believe; Also, the Lord can help us to obey, but this not some kind of thing that does not involve our free will. Again, if this was not the case, then would be like rag dolls being moved about beyond our control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You said, I quote:

”We willingly (free choice) surrendered our will to Him when we asked Him to come into our lives and change us ... change our will.”
~ Eleos1954.

You said that you asked God to change our will. Seeing you appear to be against the idea of the use of the words “free will,” I read this as meaning that you (a believer) was asking God to change your will (Whereby He would take control of you and your “free will would“ be no longer existence anymore; Meaning, you could no longer choose something contrary to God’s will anymore).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many who believe in faith alone, a doctrine not created until the 16th century, have a tendency to omit what we were created in Christ for in Ephesians 2.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭NASB‬‬

The question is not whether or not we are saved by faith with or without works, the question is are we saved by faith without love for God and love for others? It is our love for God that compels our obedience just as it is our love for others that compels our works of kind heartedness and charity. Jesus expressed the importance of love throughout His ministry. In John 15 He explains the necessity of works done out of love in order to receive salvation, not that the works themselves are necessary but the love that inspires them is necessary.

“"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away (cuts off or removes); and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-14‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Paul made it clear that we are not saved by faith alone. Faith without love will not result in salvation.

“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1-3‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). This would include even the commands from Paul. For Paul said that what he had written should be regarded as the commandments of the Lord (1 Corinthians 14:37). Many of God's commands involve action or some kind of good work. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 even ties in works and love together by saying the words "labor of love." Jesus told a church that they lost their first love, and they were told to repent and do the first works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You said, I quote:

”We willingly (free choice) surrendered our will to Him when we asked Him to come into our lives and change us ... change our will.”
~ Eleos1954.

You said that you asked God to change our will. Seeing you appear to be against the idea of the use of the words “free will,” I read this as meaning that you (a believer) was asking God to change your will (Whereby He would take control of you and your “free will would“ be no longer existence anymore; Meaning, you could no longer choose something contrary to God’s will anymore).

God doesn't force anyone to come to Him ... you can't force love ... however ... when one accepts Jesus any changes that occur (into His will of obedience) comes from Him .... not me ... He gets all the glory ... it's His work ... not mine ... and the changes happen over the course of ones life.

Ecclesiastes 7:20

There is no man on earth of such righteousness that he does good and is free from sin all his days.

Romans 7:18

New International Version
For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Ephesians 3:20

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't force anyone to come to Him ... you can't force love ... however ... when one accepts Jesus any changes that occur (into His will of obedience) comes from Him .... not me ... He gets all the glory ... it's His work ... not mine ... and the changes happen over the course of ones life.

Ecclesiastes 7:20

There is no man on earth of such righteousness that he does good and is free from sin all his days.

Romans 7:18

New International Version
For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Titus 3:5
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Ephesians 3:20

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Again, your view is not consistent with Scripture.

Again, we are told:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

While I believe that there is a change within a believer, that does not mean our free will is no longer. You say God changes us. I agree, but this is not a violation of our own free will choice to choose God, and or to continue with God and His goodness. A believer can still turn back to their old life of sin and or deny Jesus and die spiritually.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, your view is not consistent with Scripture.

Again, we are told:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

While I believe that there is a change within a believer, that does not mean our free will is no longer. You say God changes us. I agree, but this is not a violation of our own free will choice to choose God, and or to continue with God and His goodness. A believer can still turn back to their old life of sin and or deny Jesus and die spiritually.

Who's will has any hope in accomplishing the above within us? Ours or His?

It's about will and choice ... are they the same thing? No

Here's the difference.

Yes we do make choices ... our choices should be according to His will ... not our will.

When we receive Him as our Lord ... then He starts conforming us into His will, because we asked Him to. His will leads us towards right choices (and hopefully more often) ... and ... sometimes we stumble here and there during His leading, but He will get us there), with His will choices are made for the right reasons. Love!

New Living Translation
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

If one walks away from the Lord or when one sins ... they are not doing His will ... they choose their own will over His.

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

(Please vote in the poll).

Note 1:

Please take not that I am not asking the question because I don't know the answer. I am asking so that you can share your belief and defend it with the Bible.

Note 2:

I am assuming Glorification (a Work of GOD) is held by most believers because they hold to the view that GOD will one say bring them into His Kingdom one day. So this aspect of salvation is implied in most of all the choices below.

Note 3:

The gospel (according to the poll) is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Note 4:

This does not refer to the kind of faith that received on one's death bed, but a faith that lives itself out over the course of a person's life.
The reconciliation of us to God was granted to us in the form of a free gift.

Therefore that reconciliation event cannot be gained as a consequence of our works, before or after we have been reconciled.

The free gift of eternal life was administered through Jesus Christ and can only ever be viewed as God's grace, God's kindness, God's love for us.

This free and undeserved gift from Jesus will always be by grace.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reconciliation of us to God was granted to us in the form of a free gift.

Therefore that reconciliation event cannot be gained as a consequence of our works, before or after we have been reconciled.

The free gift of eternal life was administered through Jesus Christ and can only ever be viewed as God's grace, God's kindness, God's love for us.

This free and undeserved gift from Jesus will always be by grace.

Paul was referring to the Justification Process or Initial Salvation in Ephesians 2:8-9. Paul was referring to those who were trying to be saved by "Law Alone-ism" by the Torah or the 613 laws given to Israel (that did not include God's grace). The Old Law as a whole is no more (even though certain aspects of the Old Law have been repeated in the New Law given to us by Christ and His followers. Paul was not denying the necessity of Sanctification that comes after Justification (Ephesians 2:10). For Paul says you can deny God by a lack of works (Titus 1:16); And it is even more than just having good works, but it is about living holy after we are saved by God's grace. For Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Jesus said to those believers who did works in His name to depart from Him because they also worked sin or iniquity (See Matthew 7:23). Sure, you can trust in the wide gate and easy path that everyone is on, but I would rather follow and believe what Jesus and His followers said and taught. I would prefer to believe their whole counsel of their words instead of picking and choosing to believe just those verses I prefer to see and believe in over a doctrine that is more comforting (that is not true). For God cannot agree with sin. This means that in order for a plan of salvation that justifies sin and evil to work, God would have to agree with it. But God cannot agree with sin and evil because He is holy and righteous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Who's will has any hope in accomplishing the above within us? Ours or His?

It's about will and choice ... are they the same thing? No

Here's the difference.

Yes we do make choices ... our choices should be according to His will ... not our will.

When we receive Him as our Lord ... then He starts conforming us into His will, because we asked Him to. His will leads us towards right choices (and hopefully more often) ... and ... sometimes we stumble here and there during His leading, but He will get us there), with His will choices are made for the right reasons. Love!

New Living Translation
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

If one walks away from the Lord or when one sins ... they are not doing His will ... they choose their own will over His.

Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!

Again, your not getting it. You need to face the truth of those 6 verses I presented to you. Right now you are not believing them, my friend.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, your not getting it. You need to face the truth of those 6 verses I presented to you. Right now you are not believing them, my friend.

well ... evidentially you are ok with doing your own will then ... so be it ;o)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
well ... evidentially you are ok with doing your own will then ... so be it ;o)

False accusation. I never said that. I never said that we can do our own thing outside of God's will and be okay with God. I am merely saying we have free will choice to decide to cooperate with the Lord or not. You are taking that to wrongfully mean that we can run in the opposite direction away from GOD, when I am only encouraging people to obey the Lord and His good ways. Our obligation to obey GOD does not exclude the reality of free will choice. We are not puppets on a string after we made a one time decision for Christ.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
False accusation. I never said that. I never said that we can do our own thing outside of God's will and be okay with God. I am merely saying we have free will choice to decide to cooperate with the Lord or not. You are taking that to wrongfully mean that we can run in the opposite direction away from GOD, when I am only encouraging people to obey the Lord and His good ways.

Is it His will for us to obey?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it His will for us to obey?

Yes, but we are not forced to obey. We are not puppets on a string after we made a one time decision in accepting Jesus. Besides, do you believe sin can cause a separation between God and the believer? Although, I could be wrong, my guess is that you don't believe that is possible. So if this is so, then any talk of obedience or holiness is just a sham or a false covery story and it is really not necessary. But the Bible teaches that without holiness, no man shall see the Lord.

Upvote 0