What is the reformed Calvinist's view on the pro-Israel movement among Christians

Paleoconservatarian

God's grandson
Jan 4, 2005
✟18,897.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not to mention that "anti-Semite" is a racist term employed by a certain group of ethnic Germans, Russians, and other Europeans of mixed descent against those they don't like, even against Semitic peoples, many of whom are the Palestinian Christians, Jews, and Muslims they have been trying to remove for the past half-century. Their campaign to secure Lebensraum for the "chosen race" is disgusting. That Christians should support it is beyond absurd.

Upvote 0

rockytrails

Jun 5, 2007
south western United states
✟15,532.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i Think their beliefs are the same as Lutherans . The true israel is the christian church.
i think they Believe Jesus has already taken up again his rightly place as king of kings Lord of Lords never to set it aside again.

They like us are not looking for a earthly Kingdom where the pharicies have the Christ winning for them all the earthly wealth and power they have coveted for so long.

Jesus came to save sinner's! He did not come to grant every wish of earthly power and wealth over ones enamies .

and Jesus his kindom. He says is not of this world.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am pro Israel , have been for about as long as I have been a Christian , nearly 30 uears , God doesn't half finish a job , the gifts and the calling are without repentance , Israel will return to God as a Christian nation.

I agree with Cygnus. God made a unilateral covenant with Abraham, and I believe He keeps his promises. How can we put faith in Him if He doesn't?

Upvote 0

colinlindsay

Jul 30, 2005
✟8,307.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 49:15:
Can a mother forget the baby.....
See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands, your walls are forever before me.
(the physical presence of a nation)

Isaiah 49:23
Kings will be your foster fathers,
Queens your nursing mothers....
They will bow before you with their faces to the ground.
(Israel a physical entity)

Isaiah 60:10
Foreigners will rebuild your walls
and their kings will serve you.

Micah 7:16
Nations will see (the restoration) and be ashamed and deprived of all power.

Genesis 12:3
I will bless those who bless you.
and whoever curses you I will curse.
(context of making Abraham a nation)

Numbers 24:9
May those who bless you be blessed,
and those who curse you be cursed.

The last two are a problem for those who see the church as the new Israel.

Upvote 0
S

salamacum

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinlindsay

The last two are a problem for those who see the church as the new Israel.

Why do you think so?

The literature in which I read these promises / threads was a fairly mainstream messianic movement.

They were saying that if we didn't support the physical state of Israel we would cease to prosper individually and as a nation.

On one messianaic web-site (again, not heretical), stories are posted of preachers/ ministers who have lost congregations, their living, their pulpits because of attacking the state of Israel.

Upvote 0

colinlindsay

Jul 30, 2005
✟8,307.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Coming back to interpreting.
If Christianity is Jewish it affects how we look at certain passages.
For example Matthew 24 - the sheep and the goats and the terms under which Jesus seems to accept or reject the people at judgement day.
Are the goats those that did not feed the poor or those that did not nurture the Church or those that did not support the ethnic people of Israel?
Who are "my brothers"?
Also Matthew 13 - the parables.
If you believe the NT is a Jewish document then the mustard seeds and the birds are BAD things, corrupting the church, not positive wholesome things. This is in line with regarding the Church lightly, weak, compromised and apostate from the beginning.
The pearl is Israel, sought for longingly by Jesus and the treasure is the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0