United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Read the book of Hosea.

The Book of Hosea is one of sixty-six in the Bible; it is NOT the Bible. Because Hosea wrote about "marriage" does not mean that the Bible begins and ends with marriage.

That is an obvious, indisputable fact.

Hosea 14:9, "Who is wise?
Let him discern these things!
Who is discerning?
Let him understand them!
For the ways of the Lord are right;
the godly walk in them,
but in them the rebellious stumble."

Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read the rest of the Bible!

You said that the Bible starts and ends with marriage. That statement is flat out false.
Do you not recall that Adam and Eve were married by God, do you not recall that Jesus is returning for His bride, the church? That is beginning and ending in marriage. Those are facts, acceptance of facts is optional.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Book of Hosea is one of sixty-six in the Bible; it is NOT the Bible. Because Hosea wrote about "marriage" does not mean that the Bible begins and ends with marriage.

That is an obvious, indisputable fact.

Hosea 14:9, "Who is wise?
Let him discern these things!
Who is discerning?
Let him understand them!
For the ways of the Lord are right;
the godly walk in them,
but in them the rebellious stumble."
Hosea is a little more involved than just that, reading it would be beneficial.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you not recall that Adam and Eve were married by God, do you not recall that Jesus is returning for His bride, the church? That is beginning and ending in marriage. Those are facts, acceptance of facts is optional.

Do we have to go through this again? Okay, for the last time...

The Bible begins with the creation of the world...

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." 26 verses later it says...
"God created humankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them,
male and female he created them."

Genesis 2:22-23 ...
Then the Lord God made a woman from the part he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.Then the man said,

“This one at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
this one will be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

There is no wedding here.

The Bible ends with Revelation 22:18-21...

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

The one who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all."

This is clearly what the Bible says. Do not change God's Word into something that exists solely in your own mind. Read this again, "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hosea is a little more involved than just that, reading it would be beneficial.

I have read it in its entirety. Have you?

By your reasoning, a symbolic part of Hosea has more weight than the rest of Scripture.

=> Virtually any point can be proven by selecting a section of Scripture then misapplying it to come up with some novel doctrine that doesn't agree with Scripture as a whole. <=

Psalm 14:1b, “There is no God.”
Psalm 53:1b, “There is no God.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do we have to go through this again? Okay, for the last time...

The Bible begins with the creation of the world...

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." 26 verses later it says...
"God created humankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them,
male and female he created them."

Genesis 2:22-23 ...
Then the Lord God made a woman from the part he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.Then the man said,

“This one at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
this one will be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

There is no wedding here.

The Bible ends with Revelation 22:18-21...

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

The one who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all."

This is clearly what the Bible says. Do not change God's Word into something that exists solely in your own mind. Read this again, "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.
If we want to be exactly literal about this the Bible begins with "in" and ends with "amen" satisfied?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have read it in its entirety. Have you?

By your reasoning, a symbolic part of Hosea has more weight than the rest of Scripture.

=> Virtually any point can be proven by selecting a section of Scripture then misapplying it to come up with some novel doctrine that doesn't agree with Scripture as a whole. <=

Psalm 14:1b, “There is no God.”
Psalm 53:1b, “There is no God.”
Yes I have read it, analyzed it, written a thesis about it, and no I did not say it was more important than the rest of the Bible.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we want to be exactly literal about this the Bible begins with "in" and ends with "amen" satisfied?

You said that the Bible begins and ends with a wedding; you were wrong. Here is exactly what you wrote...

"The bible is a love story, it starts with a wedding and ends with a wedding." and "Do you not recall that Adam and Eve were married by God, do you not recall that Jesus is returning for His bride, the church? That is beginning and ending in marriage. Those are facts, acceptance of facts is optional." and "Yes I have read it, analyzed it, written a thesis about it, and no I did not say it was more important than the rest of the Bible."

You appear to be very confused. It's irrelevant if you have read it, analyzed it, and written a thesis about it, your statements are in contradiction to what the Bible actually says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You said that the Bible begins and ends with a wedding; you were wrong. Here is exactly what you wrote...

"The bible is a love story, it starts with a wedding and ends with a wedding." and "Do you not recall that Adam and Eve were married by God, do you not recall that Jesus is returning for His bride, the church? That is beginning and ending in marriage. Those are facts, acceptance of facts is optional." and "Yes I have read it, analyzed it, written a thesis about it, and no I did not say it was more important than the rest of the Bible."

You appear to be very confused. It's irrelevant if you have read it, analyzed it, and written a thesis about it, your statements are in contradiction to what the Bible actually says.
Well lets just say that it is not in contradiction to what many people believe the Bible says, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it is not my responisbliity to change the errant opinion of others. I stand behind what I have written as will the vast majority of scholars.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well lets just say that it is not in contradiction to what many people believe the Bible says, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it is not my responisbliity to change the errant opinion of others. I stand behind what I have written as will the vast majority of scholars.

Show us how/when/where the vast majority of scholars say that the Bible begins and ends with a wedding. Otherwise your claim is specious.

I don't want to go through this again and again. The Bible does not begin and end with your misinterpretation of Hosea.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Show us how/when/where the vast majority of scholars say that the Bible begins and ends with a wedding. Otherwise your claim is specious.

I don't want to go through this again and again. The Bible does not begin and end with your misinterpretation of Hosea.
I don't want to go through this again and again.
Good we are done.

Upvote 0