• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What is the Perfect Church?

Discussion in 'Ecclesiology' started by Josephus, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josephus

Josephus <b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b> Supporter

+266
    Messianic
    If you could have any kind of church service or if you were in charge of a gathering of other Christians, what would it look like? What would you do? If you were in charge of it, what would your church look like?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. bgoh

bgoh Groovy Moderator

+0
    What is the perfect church?? The one that I'm not the member of.
    If I'm in charge ?? I will probably pray like never before with fear to seek His direction.

3. Blynn

Blynn Well-Known Member

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Mine would not be fancy.

I would want it located in the worst neighborhood in town. A place where the prostitute, the drug addict, the alcoholic, the homeless could come and find hope. They could have a warm place to stay and even have a meal.

A place where the downcast and the hopeless could hear the gospel message and find hope.

That would be church!

God Bless,
    Roberta

4. solo66 man

solo66 man Well-Known Member

+2
    First, I would pray and make God in charge of it. Then what ever God wants it to look like, and who ever He wants to staff it with, Pastor, Assoc. Pastor, teachers, admins etc. would be completely out of my hands, because to attemp to build the perfect church would be extremely frightening in the first place.

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

5. Josephus

+266
    Messianic
    What would your services look like? What would your "gathering together" be like? What would you do?

Great answers too!
    :)

6. supermagdalena

supermagdalena The Shrubs and the Flan.

+25
    Non-Denom
    solo66 man is righ on...the only way to have a perfect church is for God to have total control, because he's the only one that's perfect!

7. jbenjesus

jbenjesus <font color="blue">Berean</font>

+0
    Christian
    I don't know if you read it before or heard of it before, but there is a small book out entitled The Glorious Chruch . It was written by David Huston, a pastor in Pennsylvania, and Jim McKinley.

I highly recommend this book to all servants and children of God. It not only addresses this question specifically, but also many other important and related issues - especially what is God's purpose and plan for His bride.

It really is an excellent book. You can buy it for quite cheap or read it for free :D online if you have the time. I believe it's less than 90 pages and is simple to follow. No confusing doctrines or anything like that.

This is a great question, by the way, and much deeper then you think if you go at it in the right direction.

In case the link above doesn't work the book is found free :D at this site: www.gloriouschurch.com .

The best part of this book is the truths are practical and applicable if you really want what God want's and not what you think He wants.

8. Josephus

+266
    Messianic
    That is a neat reference! Thanks!

9. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Mine would be run by God.....

I think in most of our churches (which are all His in reality), He doesn't get a look in.

When we've had someone who let's God have His way, the services has been indescribable, with healings, peace, joy, etc.....
    Then we drift back to one old pattern or the other.

So I'm all for letting God have the way He wants it.....

10. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,468
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hmm. One thing I'd like to see is an institution open to lots of people, not just one denomination, which encourages open debate.

Frankly, CF is closer to what I think a church should be like than a lot of churches I've seen. Where else do you see so many people actually *thinking* about God?

11. VOW

VOW Moderator

+15
    Catholic
    Married
    I'd get the stuffin' beat out of me if I answered that question here!

Peace,
    ~VOW

12. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    I think I would be endlessly praying to God for all the help, and guidance I could get. For fear of leading anyone astray.

13. pax

pax Veteran

+94
    Catholic
    Single
    The Service at my ideal Church would be a pre-Vatican II Tridentine-Rite Mass (all Latin). The church would have a perpetual adoration chapel and would also have LOTS of Confessionals, and a priest always available. There would be a few different side chapels where there would be celebration of Eastern Divine Liturgies (complete with an iconostosas in each). The local ordinary would preside at all masses. Every day there would be groups that meet that pray the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Let's not forget the religious education center to educate people about their faith. AND IT'S NEVER LOCKED. Everyone is able to come in to pray, adore, confess, at any time of day 7 day's a week, 365 days per year. (Let's not forget the daily Holy Hours complete with Eucharistic Benediction).

14. Catchup

Catchup Active Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    My perfect church would open 24/7.

Everyone would be welcome!

Nature would supply the beauty.

Children would not be made to be quiet... but could laugh and play.

There would be no need for doors, or windows...because there are no walls.

No walls at all... not physical or mental.

We would just come together as one, if only for a day.

We would pray together and sing songs of praise to the Lord

Together ...We would meet, setting aside all our differences.

Just to show our God the multitude that loves him!!!

:) LOVE

15. VOW

VOW Moderator

+15
    Catholic
    Married
    Hey Catchup!

VERY nice! Sounds like Jesus preaching to the Multitudes. And fish sandwiches afterwards, right!

I love it!

Peace,
    ~VOW

16. Catchup

Catchup Active Member

+1
    Christian
    Private
    Wouldn't it be great!!

You know... I think maybe God would supply the food. :angel:

If not... We will just put the women to work. lol :pink:

:) LOVE

17. Julie

Julie ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES

+4
    Christian
    .........well if someone finds it, don't join it, you'll ruin it.

Seriously, It's the Body of Christ, that's the only perfect church.

Julie :pink:

18. gwyyn

gwyyn Active Member

+0
    Christian
    I agree with Julie, every church (physical one) has it's share of fights and disputes among the congregation. I don't think this is what God wants when are called to fellowship. I think anytime you are with a group of fellow believers discussing the word of God can be called fellowship and or church services. Anywhere and anytime you are sharing the word of God, you are learning!!

19. debs

debs Member

+0
    It depends on your calling and maturity..debs

20. psycmajor

psycmajor self-Banned

+9
    The perfect church is in heaven, where we worship our Lord and King without reservation. It is not man-made, because people are not perfect. He will make the perfect place for us to adore Him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.