catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well as this report doesn't include the effects of teh solar cycle and the grand solar minimum we are in now (they have named it teh Eddy minimum) it is only a partial report on the effect of solar activity on our temperatures!
Look again.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a better article, more clear and updated:

Helpful article on the sun's influence on climate:
https://phys.org/news/2017-08-sun-current-global-temperature.html

(as an aid, I've zero doubt Christ's prophecy of roaring seas in Luke chapter 21 will happen, and it doesn't matter a bit if it's man made warming or whatever reason....so, it's an unimportant side topic how the warming happens, but...it's my own background in physics that helps me distinguish that, allows me to know what is solid science, and what is merely an ideology)

I'll add it to that earlier post.

Well this article does include the effect of solar cycles (the 11 year maxima and minima) as well as they spoke of the grand solar minimum known as the maunder minimum. Since that one we had the Dalton minimum which brought about much cooler temperatures and now we are preparing to or are already in the first phases of the grand solar minimum they have named the Eddy Minimum! We have been living in the warming of teh end of the Dalton Minimum and are now heading into a cooler phase that the most extreme predictions from climatologists say could last until 2050 and beyond!

The fact your last cited article says the sun has little effect on temperature is just plain wrong. It is the chief driver of climate.

We have had greater warming periods in the past when man was not pouring billions of tons of CO2 into the air! While I believe we should strive for cleaner energy and less pollution (we are commanded to be wise stewards) all the henny penny the sky is falling cries of AGW adherents are based on computer models with lots of ifs that are untestable added in for good measure.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact your last cited article says the sun has little effect on temperature is just plain wrong. It is the chief driver of climate.
The graph of solar radiation in my earlier post above shows the actual solar radiation for 1978-2003 measured precisely by satellite. But notice the numbers on the right of the graph show that solar radiation varied from 1365 to 1368 --

8230main_sun5m.jpg

NASA - NASA Study Finds Increading Solar Trend That Can Change Climate (1978-2003), and updated to 2013 in post #79 on page 4 of this thread.

How much variance was that? -- (1368-1365)/1365 = 0.002 or 2/10th of 1%.

Of course sun drives the climate!...along with all other factors --

oceans upwelling of cold water year to year,
cloud cover changes,
ice and snow cover/albedo changes,
vegetation changes,
atmosphere gasses changes,
and so on...

Everything together, in combination.

The reason the sun by itself isn't thought to be causing much of the recent change in the climate lately, over the last 50 years for instance, is because the other factors have lately been having significant change, and therefore an effect on changing the climate.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well winter here (and autumn) has suddenly started a month earlier for this the past three years. The oaks are loaded with acorns (cold winter) and for the third year, slightly over a month early. However at the same time and a few years longer spring has returned to being about a month later compared to the 80s-90s. So spring resembles the 60s-70s but this early fall hasn't been a norm.

That is all because of the sun entering a grand solar minimum! Weather will be whackier, colder and longer winters, strong polar vortexes, maybe more hurricanes and tornadoes. droughts and floods all because the sun is forming much less sunspots and is going into an extended quiet phase.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is all because of the sun entering a grand solar minimum! Weather will be whackier, colder and longer winters, strong polar vortexes, maybe more hurricanes and tornadoes. droughts and floods all because the sun is forming much less sunspots and is going into an extended quiet phase.

2020 is continuing the trend though of warmer than in the past --

global-land-ocean-anomalies-202006.png

Global Climate Report - June 2020 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well I disagree. Given the proven scandals of doctoring temperatures by the Hadleigh Center which is the global reporting center, the phony hockey stick, and given that many temperature readers have been removed from colder climes (12 alone from siberia), we get a false trend!

Temperature reading boxes not being moved because of expanding urbanization, not adding the climatic effects of increased volcanic activity globally and sub-oceanic, all give for much higher readings than should be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dunno. These summers remind me of the 60's-70's. Turbulence is higher though.
Global -- it's averaging the temperatures from around the whole world, not just in one nation.

Lemme get a global map to show where the bigger heat is actually.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Global -- it's averaging the temperatures from around the whole world, not just in one nation.
Regardless, the weather has gone back to what it was before the heat build up in the 80's. The wave
is ebbing.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless, the weather has gone back to what it was before the heat build up in the 80's. The wave
is ebbing.
Look just above, for the global map.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's stronger elsewhere, especially northern Siberia for example --
Yes interesting it, and western Arctic of Canada have experienced the same changes in combination with the growth of Chinese industry and pollution sending it's soot over the ice causing a rapid melt.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tend to agree. I go back to check storms, droughts and heat waves of my day that I clearly remember and it is if they never existed.

I can remember my high school days when it would get above 100 here in Western Mass. several times every summer! If people knew the powers that be that are pushing AGW and the radical solutions, they would be truly frightened at the loss of liberty that is being proposed by folks like:

The Illuminati
The Club of Rome
The CFR
The Trilateralists
The Bilderbergs
The euro round tables
The Un and Agenda 21
The Davos Group
Soros
Rockefellers
Steyer and so on.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As you can see, the bigger increase in temperature (for 1 month, June 2020) isn't much in the U.S. (though looks like one warm area northern plains).

It's stronger elsewhere, especially northern Siberia for example --

202006.png

Global Climate Report - June 2020 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Now check how many temp stations were removed from colder climes, how many were not moved due to urbanization which adds to teh temperature surounding the station.

Also exrapolate out teh mass of volcanic activity ( it has been on teh rise) and undersea vulcanism which can and does change watyer temperatures at bouy stations. Then remove the model that predicts constant warmer temps and just measure and you will get a diffewrent reading! Climatologists have and they have been called blasphemers by the high priests of the theology of AGW!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now check how many temp stations were removed from colder climes, how many were not moved due to urbanization which adds to teh temperature surounding the station.

Also exrapolate out teh mass of volcanic activity ( it has been on teh rise) and undersea vulcanism which can and does change watyer temperatures at bouy stations. Then remove the model that predicts constant warmer temps and just measure and you will get a diffewrent reading! Climatologists have and they have been called blasphemers by the high priests of the theology of AGW!

Let me ask a friendly question -- are you truly interested in this topic in a real way? If you are, then you definitely will want to learn more about it, and not only have the view from one theory, but will want to learn how temperature is measured. And if you really have a lot of interest, you'd want a lot of articles from very many diverse sources (that are not all having the same view/techniques/hypotheses).

The key temperature measuring has been from orbiting satellites for a long time now.

Here's a helpful explanation at a level I like (note that my degree is in engineering physics, so I understand something like calibration by direct, first hand work in physics labs) --

GISTEMP uses air temperature recorded with thermometers slightly above the ground or sea, while AIRS uses infrared sensing to measure the temperature right at the Earth's surface (or “skin temperature”) from space. The AIRS record of temperature change since 2003 (which begins when Aqua launched) closely matched the GISTEMP record.

Comparing two measurements that were similar but recorded in very different ways ensured that they were independent of each other, Schmidt said. One difference was that AIRS showed more warming in the northernmost latitudes.

“The Arctic is one of the places we already detected was warming the most. The AIRS data suggests that it’s warming even faster than we thought,” said Schmidt, who was also a co-author on the Susskind paper.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2876/new-studies-increase-confidence-in-nasas-measure-of-earths-temperature

The article summarizes near the beginning --

A new assessment of NASA's record of global temperatures revealed that the agency's estimate of Earth's long-term temperature rise in recent decades is accurate to within less than a tenth of a degree Fahrenheit, providing confidence that past and future research is correctly capturing rising surface temperatures.

The most complete assessment ever of statistical uncertainty within the GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP) data product shows that the annual values are likely accurate to within 0.09 degrees Fahrenheit (0.05 degrees Celsius) in recent decades, and 0.27 degrees Fahrenheit (0.15 degrees C) at the beginning of the nearly 140-year record.

Upvote 0