catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well as this report doesn't include the effects of teh solar cycle and the grand solar minimum we are in now (they have named it teh Eddy minimum) it is only a partial report on the effect of solar activity on our temperatures!
If you read the last link, from phys.org, you can get the summary of the updated data already clear by 2013, 2014.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well as this report doesn't include the effects of teh solar cycle and the grand solar minimum we are in now (they have named it teh Eddy minimum) it is only a partial report on the effect of solar activity on our temperatures!
Here's a better article, more clear and updated:

Helpful article on the sun's influence on climate:
https://phys.org/news/2017-08-sun-current-global-temperature.html

(as an aid, I've zero doubt Christ's prophecy of roaring seas in Luke chapter 21 will happen, and it doesn't matter a bit if it's man made warming or whatever reason....so, it's an unimportant side topic how the warming happens, but...it's my own background in physics that helps me distinguish that, allows me to know what is solid science, and what is merely an ideology)

I'll add it to that earlier post.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a better article, more clear and updated:

Helpful article on the sun's influence on climate:
https://phys.org/news/2017-08-sun-current-global-temperature.html

(as an aid, I've zero doubt Christ's prophecy of roaring seas in Luke chapter 21 of roaring seas will happen, and it doesn't matter a bit if it's man made warming or whatever reason....)

I'll add it to that earlier post.

Sorry, but the warming followed the solar cycle! IN 2017 we were still in the solar maxima for sunspots! Sunspots do have an enormous effect on earths temperature, weather and magnetic field!

Teh fact we are in a deep grand solar minimum has caused some of the coldest temperatures ever recorded in modern times. It has also wreaked havoc with weather. all one has to do is follow th ecycles and follow the temperature spikes.

In the 1800's the northern hemisphere experienced the summer that wasn't! People were skating on the Thames in JUne! The fact we have been rebounding from that Grand Solare Minimum (the Dalton Mini mum) We climbed from the minimum to a newer and smaller maximum and now we are diving into what many say at first information could rival the Maunder minimum.

More and more climatologists (though still a minority) are calling the alrm over the possibility of a mini ice age!

Forget Warming, Here Comes Cooling: Scientists Announce Little Ice Age In Coming Decades

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More and more climatologists (though still a minority) are calling the alrm over the possibility of a mini ice age!
Well winter here (and autumn) has suddenly started a month earlier for this the past three years. The oaks are loaded with acorns (cold winter) and for the third year, slightly over a month early. However at the same time and a few years longer spring has returned to being about a month later compared to the 80s-90s. So spring resembles the 60s-70s but this early fall hasn't been a norm.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Surely you do know what the signs of the Lord's return are, you aren't dismissing those are you?

Which ones where the real signs, because every single flood, volcano, hurricane, etc that has happened in the last 2k years where all said to be signs "because it has never happened before"?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Which ones where the real signs, because every single flood, volcano, hurricane, etc that has happened in the last 2k years where all said to be signs "because it has never happened before"?
It's the size that counts. Nothing biblically earthshaking yet.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Like natural zits compared to rare full body explosion
Ah, so how does Thai's full body explosion compare to Santa Maria in Guatemala (which also happened in 1992 and 1902) or Mount Vesuvius in 97ad (which obliterated Pompeii), to make it a "sign"?

We only had 2 days above 70 that summer compared to the usual 80s-90s. But not like that was anything earth shaking.

But Pinatubo dropped the earth's temperatures by about 0.5 °C for 2 years and also formed a global layer of sulfuric acid. Now since this happened in 1992, along with the explosions of Santa Maria, Mt Spurr.. since people used these as signs, who is right between you and them?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But Pinatubo dropped the earth's temperatures by about 0.5 °C for 2 years and also formed a global layer of sulfuric acid. Now since this happened in 1992, along with the explosions of Santa Maria, Mt Spurr.. since people used these as signs, who is right between you and them?
How do any of those relate to a forty mile wide volcano rumbling recently?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because they where much stronger and at the same time hyped up to be signs.
Everybody hypes every time there is a volcano, like as if predicting the end will get them brownie points in heaven. But there is nothing bigger than a forty mile wide volcano waiting to show the world the real thing.

BTW if Vesuvius was such a big deal, why was it not mentioned outright in the NT? Or was it? :)

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Everybody hypes every time there is a volcano, like as if predicting the end will get them brownie points in heaven. But there is nothing bigger than a forty mile wide volcano waiting to show the world the real thing.
yes, it's all hype that some christians get whenever a natural disaster goes viral.
BTW if Vesuvius was such a big deal, why was it not mentioned outright in the NT? Or was it? :)
Because it happened in 97 ad, decades after the NT was written, and it was also in Pompeii. :)

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because it happened in 97 ad, decades after the NT was written, and it was also in Pompeii. :)
Which was well in the range of NT writers. Also it may have been mentioned in Rev. Pompeii was an integral part of Rome and the empire. It's citizens were also very loving of neighbour as self, slaves being often considered members of the families.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:10-19.

Sounds a lot like what we are seeing to me. We have seen Christians turned over to ISIS by their family and some put to death, Christians being hated and we have been seeing an increase in earthquakes, famines, pestilence, etc for a century. I was told that earthquakes doubled approx every 10 years in the last century, I havent checked it but there were a lot.

I dont think any single natural disaster can be taken as being a sign, but the increase in earthquakes and other disasters is a sign that we are approaching the end. Even if we are not, I take the view you should live your life as if Jesus is coming back tomorrow but plan your life as if you will live to die of old age. With the "signs" we see and knowing Jesus will come at a time no one knows like a thief in the night it really could be either.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Which was well in the range of NT writers. Also it may have been mentioned in Rev. Pompeii was an integral part of Rome and the empire. It's citizens were also very loving of neighbour as self, slaves being often considered members of the families.

97 ad is not in the range of the NT writers, and why would they wright about that anyway? They are apostles, not journalists. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not by Jesus. The question I asked is if you knew what the signs are, Jesus gave some, the OT prophets also gave some. Floods were not given by any of them.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not by Jesus. The question I asked is if you knew what the signs are, Jesus gave some, the OT prophets also gave some. Floods were not given by any of them.

I am not speaking specifically of floods. I'm talking in context of this thread since the OP's examples are monsoons.

I have theories of what the signs are but I am not going to preach it as truth (it's probably more of a conspiracy theory to most). My theory of these signs come from Matt 24: "As in the days of Noah..." and Genesis chap 6.

I think all these "end time signs" with examples of natural disasters that happened recently are influenced by wolves in sheep clothing that sadly many christians have wired into their belief system which they don't see is damaging the faith.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not speaking specifically of floods. I'm talking in context of this thread since the OP's examples are monsoons.

I have theories of what the signs are but I am not going to preach it as truth (it's probably more of a conspiracy theory to most). My theory of these signs come from Matt 24: "As in the days of Noah..." and Genesis chap 6.

I think all these "end time signs" with examples of natural disasters that happened recently are influenced by wolves in sheep clothing that sadly many christians have wired into their belief system which they don't see is damaging the faith.
No doubt there are many who have come claiming to be sent by God with a message telling people that Christ has come.

But the Bible also makes it clear that when He came the first time there were signs given. Anna and Simeon knew, the wise men knew and they weren't even Jews. The shepherds saw a sign in the heaven as well. Herod slew a bunch of young children, no doubt not the only atrocity committed by him or by Roman rulers, or Roman puppets, yet to those paying attention it was the fulfillment of prophecy.

When the disciples asked Jesus for the signs of His coming He didn't rebuke them. He warned them of false Christs like you said but He also gave them the major signs.

Also, at the same time there were those in Jerusalem who knew the prophecies that He was to be born in Bethlehem, but did nothing. Just as there were many in Noah's time that knew he was building a boat but did nothing.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No doubt there are many who have come claiming to be sent by God with a message telling people that Christ has come.

But the Bible also makes it clear that when He came the first time there were signs given. Anna and Simeon knew, the wise men knew and they weren't even Jews. The shepherds saw a sign in the heaven as well. Herod slew a bunch of young children, no doubt not the only atrocity committed by him or by Roman rulers, or Roman puppets, yet to those paying attention it was the fulfillment of prophecy.

But the point I am making is that all these "natural disaster" posts are repeated. Just reread my posts talking about past volcanoes and past monsoons, that weren't just more devastating but also had the same hype of being signs. What happened to those?

Also, at the same time there were those in Jerusalem who knew the prophecies that He was to be born in Bethlehem, but did nothing. Just as there were many in Noah's time that knew he was building a boat but did nothing.

Yes, but one thing I think most Christians have been missing when talking about the days of Noah is that not just about the Ark and the Flood. It's what lead to it. As i said, my theory on signs also involves Genesis chapter 6 which is a prelude to the Flood, in Gen 6:1-2 what happens?

Last edited:
Upvote 0