dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just looking at this Wikipedia article, I can see that they left our a cyclone induced flood that happened in 2019 in Mozambique and Zimbabwe that killed a few hundreds of people. So I am not sure if it is a comprehensive list.

It tends to be updated if there are news sources and someone makes note that something has been overlooked. Wikipedia for all its faults has a talk page for articles. :)

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think that all of it happening everywhere at the same time is what is unusual.
Unusual but nothing new. Ever heard of the 2017 South Asian floods? Nepal, India, Bangladesh (and even some SEA countries) had high death tolls from this, all happening on Aug 2017. In fact, 2017's floods where from June and ending around late october.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is anything like the flood of Noah, but it is pretty devastating for a lot of people.
Record Monsoon.
Greece Aug. 9, 2020

South Korea Aug. 9, 2020
China Aug. 4, 2020 Typhoon
This is just a sample. There is more.
The message is not to worry about it. God made His promise long ago.
12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it is anything like the flood of Noah, but it is pretty devastating for a lot of people.
Record Monsoon.
Greece Aug. 9, 2020

South Korea Aug. 9, 2020
China Aug. 4, 2020 Typhoon
This is just a sample. There is more.
The warmer the oceans become the more powerful the storms formed over those waters. It could be a sign of global warming caused by pollution in our atmosphere. In other words the fault is found in man not God.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unusual but nothing new. Ever heard of the 2017 South Asian floods? Nepal, India, Bangladesh (and even some SEA countries) had high death tolls from this, all happening on Aug 2017. In fact, 2017's floods where from June and ending around late october.
Yes I did hear about that. These floods are everywhere, even here in the U.S. and in Europe. I have not posted them all.The weather is increasingly extreme year by year.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The message is not to worry about it. God made His promise long ago.
12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
True as the Word of God is our source for all things. However, it is wise to take not of these things.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes I did hear about that. These floods are everywhere, even here in the U.S. and in Europe. I have not posted them all.The weather is increasingly extreme year by year.

But it is still nothing new and not as extreme as past years. 2014 had much worse reports with higher death tolls than 2020. 1984 had higher with more than 10,000 dead in Thailand and other parts of the world being affected by it.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But it is still nothing new and not as extreme as past years. 2014 had much worse reports with higher death tolls than 2020. 1984 had higher with more than 10,000 dead in Thailand and other parts of the world being affected by it.
2020 is only half way over. Don't minimize what God is doing. Would you rather see higher death tolls?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
2020 is only half way over. Don't minimize what God is doing. Would you rather see higher death tolls?

no. i'm trying to tell you to not get excited by thinking these are signs. I understand, we all want Jesus to return but we can't just celebrate and get hyped over every natural disaster happening to others as a sign that just checked in. I understand you want this all to be true and are invested in this kind of stuff, asthe rest of the millions of people over the last 1500-2000 years who claimed xyz were signs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no. i'm trying to tell you to not get excited by thinking these are signs. I understand, we all want Jesus to return but we can't just celebrate and get hyped over every natural disaster happening to others as a sign that just checked in. I understand you want this all to be true and are invested in this kind of stuff, asthe rest of the millions of people over the last 1500-2000 years who claimed xyz were signs.
I'm not aware of flooding as a sign of the Lord's return, do you have a verse reference?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You scoff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You scoff.

No, I don't think she was scoffing, just being realistic. In seminary a priest professor joked " the Greeks had a god or goddess behind every tree, sometimes both." Many Christians are the same way about signs particularly if they can be construed as portending end times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't think she was scoffing, just being realistic. In seminary a priest professor joked " the Greeks has a god or goddess behind every tree, sometimes both." Many Christians are the same way about signs particularly if they can be construed as portending end times.
Scoffers always say
2Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Lord Jesus even warned
Matt. 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

We know the world will not be destroyed by flood. But Lord Jesus does tell us that people will be taken unawares . That is why He said watch, and He told us what to watch.
Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Upvote 0