What is the meaning of the passage of the ten virgins (Part 4)?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is the meaning of the passage of the ten virgins (Part 4)?

*8 – NIGHT*: apostasy.

See these verses:

• 1Th 5:5-8 -> “For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.”.

Here, night is related to revelry, crimes and drowsiness.

• Isa 60:1,2 -> “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you.”.
• Luk 11:33-36 -> “ “No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light.””.

Here, the darkness is related with spiritual murkiness.

• 1Jn 2:8-11 -> “At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.”.

And this spiritual darkness makes people to hate each other.

All of this, together, misguides people in such a way that, even though many of them believe in the Creator and His Holy Scripture, in the end, they finish twisting the Holy Scripture for the perdition of them and people around them (2Peter 3:16).

And this desire of molding the Creator in the mind and heart as it is convenient is called apostasy.

*9 – NUMBER TEN*:

The number ten is related to the time of probation, tribulation and temptations that the man needs to have in all ordeal and predicaments so that they can be approved in their evaluation.

For instance:

I) Rebekah, when chosen to be Isaac’s wife, was invited to stay for more 10 days in the house of her parents so that she could appraise her real alacrity and willingness in accepting this calling.

• Gen 24:54,55 -> “And he and the men who were with him ate and drank, and they spent the night there. When they arose in the morning, he said, “Send me away to my master.” Her brother and her mother said, “Let the young woman remain with us a while, at least ten days; after that she may go.””.

II) Jacob, for 10 times, was cheated by Laban in order to be proved until the last consequences so that he could experience a change in his character. In virtue of having clung to the Creator in the desert, he overcame the probation, reached his freedom and became prosperous.

• Gen 31:7 -> “yet your father has cheated me and changed my wages ten times. But God did not permit him to harm me.”.

III) 10 was the number of brothers who hated Joseph and put him in a situation of great probations, pains, sadness and trial. Nonetheless, the fidelity and compliance of Joseph to the Creator enabled him to surmount this and contributed to his exaltation, honor and acknowledgment:

• Gen 37:4 -> “But when his brothers saw that their father loved him more than all his brothers, they hated him and could not speak peacefully to him.”.
• Gen 42:3 -> “So ten of Joseph's brothers went down to buy grain in Egypt.”.

Have a good day seeking, all the time, to promote what is good, even amidst the tribulation.

Tomorrow we will carry on.