What is the Mark of the Beast? (RFID, chip, vaccine?) – Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,050.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think it's a chip of some sort, possibly incorporating a lethal component - a small vial of botulism or cyanide for example, primed to disintegrate if the powers that be think you've been naughty.

Some of today's technology comes close - watch bands incorporating credit card details, implanted chips to open doors etc.

The main proviso is that nobody can buy or sell without the mark in hand or forehead. Since they'd know what your ID is, if they didn't like your politics, religion or morality, all they'd need to do is to stop electronic access to your bank account, and probably take all your financial assets, sucked out by computer transfer.

What Covid-19 has done is to accelerate the push towards the cashless society, which would be the necessary precursor for such a scenario.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's funny, intellectually I'm convinced the mark was something from the first century when the imperial cult was revived in Rome. The priests of the cult would require patrons to pay homage to an image of Caesar at the entrance to the marketplace if they wanted to proceed to buy goods. If they did, the priest would mark them to indicate they had paid their tribute and they could go about their business. If they didn't, they were prohibited from entering.

That being said, I think emotionally I still kind of hold on to the evangelical ideas of the mark and the antichrist and such—however erroneous and absurd they might be—that I grew up with. I flinch when I see this questionable vaccine being distributed and rumors that a "vaccine passport" is being developed to limit travel for the unvaccinated. I raise a brow when I see the ways modern technology, specifically social media, isn't just influencing behavior but engineering it (see the Netflix documentary The Social Dilemma). All these kinds of things and the control that runs underneath them makes me think of those nefarious measures.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0