Norfolk
✟45,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Throughout my Theological studies, I believe I truly know what The Kingdom of God is to the believer of the Cross. Someone asked me in another forum "What is the Kingdom of God?" I replied simply, "The Kingdom of God is where Christ reigns."

How did the thought come to my mind and spirit?

Well, for one the Kingdom of God is just that: A Kingdom; rather The Eternal Kingdom to me and hopefully those who believe as well. I do study Theology on my own with prayer and discernment at the forefront of my studies, but isn't my answer that simple? A Kingdom is a place and not a state of being or an attitude.

I gave my answer through scripture:

Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. (Psalm 145:13)

"everlasting" meaning that it this Kingdom is a Kingdom without end.

"dominion" meaning that He has Sovereign Authority over this Kingdom from eternity past to......you get the rest...

Now, I know this is an Old Testament line of scripture but I believe this to not be separate from the Kingdom of God the Church operates in today. She keeps asking me as if I'm oblivious to what the Kingdom of God is in scripture. It's a little frustrating when fellow Christians try to look down on others when they "think" they know more than you.

What thoughts does everyone have concerning this subject?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Throughout my Theological studies, I believe I truly know what The Kingdom of God is to the believer of the Cross. Someone asked me in another forum "What is the Kingdom of God?" I replied simply, "The Kingdom of God is where Christ reigns."

Well, for one the Kingdom of God is just that: A Kingdom; rather The Eternal Kingdom to me and hopefully those who believe as well. I do study Theology on my own with prayer and discernment at the forefront of my studies, but isn't my answer that simple? A Kingdom is a place and not a state of being or an attitude.

Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. (Psalm 145:13)

"dominion" meaning that He has Sovereign Authority over this Kingdom from eternity past to......you get the rest...

Now, I know this is an Old Testament line of scripture but I believe this to not be separate from the Kingdom of God the Church operates in today. She keeps asking me as if I'm oblivious to what the Kingdom of God is in scripture. It's a little frustrating when fellow Christians try to look down on others when they "think" they know more than you.

People, including me, come across as looking down on the beliefs of others just by stating our own beliefs (as if they were facts!)

We are supposed to be in awe of the amazing discoveries and ideas of others.

I've known two such people in my lifetime.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Kingdom of God is not a place, but a who. The Kingdom of God is the Lord God as it's sovereign and the "called out" (the Church) as it's subjects.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, Jesus said to them, "The Kingdom of God is in your midst (or some translations is "within you")." and "The Kingdom of God is at hand."

Jesus is the word made flesh!

In the midst of or within or among is the Greek word entos and is seen twice in the NT.

Luke 17:21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst (or within you). (NIV)

Matthew 23:26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. (NIV)

The Kingdom of God is at hand. Matthew 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." (NIV)

Here is the word eggizó. Basically means to come near, and it has 42 occurrences in the NT

NASB translations of eggizó and how many occurrences - approached (10), approaching (7), came (1), came close (1), came near (1), come near (2), comes near (2), coming near (1), draw near (3), drawing near (2), hand (7), near (5).

I believe the Kingdom of God is simply God. When Jesus came around He said the kingdom of God was near. If we are God's temples, then it would make sense to say the kingdom of God is within you.

Jesus is the word made flesh! The kingdom of God is literally right in front of the pharisees!

That's my interpretation.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I always begin with the obvious and then work my way out in all directions form that point.

What is the Kingdom of God?

Mat. 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The Kingdom of God is a literal Kingdom we are able to walk in now.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The Kingdom of God is within every Believer, in the form of, the Holy Spirit

Rom. 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Speaks for itself, self defining.

1 Cor. 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

1 Cor. 2:4,5
4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

The Kingdom of God is a Gospel Preached by the demonstration of the Holy Spirit and of Power.

Mat. 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

There is your starting point in a nut shell, these verses tell you what the.
1) Kingdom of God is
2) Is not
3) It is within you already
4) How to recognize it in fellow Believers
5) It should be sought meaning it can be attained as a place
6) How to recognize the Kingdom when you see it being Preached

I personally have never heard any Preacher or Evangelist Preach
"The Gospel of the Kingdom"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Kingdom is a place and not a state of being or an attitude.
I believe it is all of the three. Primarily a state but that state allows one to be in a place. The place and state are one once the place is entered. The state becomes a place at the resurrection and when the New Earth and New Heaven 'takes place'. Of course there is a common attitude there.

And what was posted above this one describes a state and place as well.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Is Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven same thing?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally have never heard any Preacher or Evangelist Preach
"The Gospel of the Kingdom"
Because it's for tribulation period and whoever is preching it now is cursed Galatians 1:8-9 mentioned twice in two verses so it must be important .

Gospel of Kingdom is preached by angel(s) Revelation 14:6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Because it's for tribulation period and whoever is preching it now is cursed Galatians 1:8-9 mentioned twice in two verses so it must be important .

Gospel of Kingdom is preached by angel(s) Revelation 14:6

Sorry but the Gospel Paul was referring to are those who were Judaizing the new church.
These people were causing new Gentile Christian Believers to become Circumcised, and follow the Law.

Gal 1:6,7
6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

These people were perverting the Gospel which was already preached, and adding things of Judaism to it say the New Way was just a new sect of Judaism and the Gentiles had to adhere to the Old Laws of Judaism to be saved.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but the Gospel Paul was referring to are those who were Judaizing the new church.
These people were causing new Gentile Christian Believers to become Circumcised, and follow the Law.

Gal 1:6,7
6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

These people were perverting the Gospel which was already preached, and adding things of Judaism to it say the New Way was just a new sect of Judaism and the Gentiles had to adhere to the Old Laws of Judaism to be saved.

Never heared of angel from heaven who was Judaizing church in Paul's age .

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Never heared of angel from heaven who was Judaizing church in Paul's age .

The Revelation verses are not about the same thing.

Here is the context of what the Angels said.

Rev 14:6-9
6) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7) Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8) And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

What Paul was saying to the people was about Doctrine, and what the angels were saying are not the same thing, they were speaking warning.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Revelation verses are not about the same thing.

Here is the context of what the Angels said.

Rev 14:6-9
6) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7) Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8) And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

What Paul was saying to the people was about Doctrine, and what the angels were saying are not the same thing, they were speaking warning.

Exactly , Paul's gospel is not of works while tribulation one if you take mark of beast or worship image of beast you can't be forgiven and you go into lake of fire .

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly , Paul's gospel is not of works while tribulation one if you take mark of beast or worship image of beast you can't be forgiven and you go into lake of fire .

All I can say is your not understanding, and I don't see any way of getting you to understand, because you have preconceived beliefs which cloud your understanding.

I have given to you as clear and concise of an explanation of the verses in question as I can, and you still insist they are related.

Be Blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All I can say is your not understanding, and I don't see any way of getting you to understand, because you have preconceived beliefs which cloud your understanding.

I have given to you as clear and concise of an explanation of the verses in question as I can, and you still insist they are related.

Be Blessed.

Everybody has presuppositions so do you by assuming your point .
Why Paul mentioned angel twice if that vers was about Jews Judaizing church makes no sense .

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Everybody has presuppositions so do you by assuming your point .
Why Paul mentioned angel twice if that vers was about Jews Judaizing church makes no sense .

You reading more into what was said than what was said, but that's ok.

Your connecting things because the same word or words were used, they do not go together sorry.

Be blessed

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You reading more into what was said than what was said, but that's ok.

Your connecting things because the same word or words were used, they do not go together sorry.

Be blessed

I believe that God does not make mistakes , if there is a word it has purpose . Like this one for example

Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

Why give us the number of fish ?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God does not make mistakes , if there is a word it has purpose . Like this one for example

Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

Why give us the number of fish ?

It isn't a matter of what was written, they are all relevant, nothing should be left out, what I have said is, these verses you have used do not belong together, and they do not say what you have been saying they say.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It isn't a matter of what was written, they are all relevant, nothing should be left out, what I have said is, these verses you have used do not belong together, and they do not say what you have been saying they say.

That's your opinion , you still haven't explained why are there angels mentioned two times . We don't ready anything about angels proclaiming gospel to people or deceiving them in other Paul's letters .

Because you think something is or is not does not make it true you have to prove it .

Upvote 0