What is the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are two Gospels. There is the Kingdom Gospel and the Pauline Gospel. The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. The Pauline Gospel Is about how Jesus has justified the ungodly Romans 4:5 and has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

When the books of the Bible were combined by the Catholics, they didn't care for Paul's Gospel, so they hid it. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not the Gospel. Those books should have been called "The Christ Event" because they are about Jesus and his ministry.

The Pauline Gospel was revealed to the apostles and preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost. It literally turned Jerusalem upside down and gave birth to the New Testament church. 8,000 heard and believed Peters Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4. Nothing like that had ever happened before. It was of God because it was of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:4.

Later on, Paul was called by Jesus to take the Gospel to the Gentiles and received the same Gospel as Peter, but in much more detail, Galatians 1:11-12. Paul's Gospel concerned the New Covenant and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. The New Covenant came into effect when Jesus died on the cross, Matthew 27:51. When the New Covenant of salvation by grace through faith came into existence, it canceled out the Old Covenant of law, rules and religion, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Many of the Jews could not accept the fact that the Mosiac law had been abolished and still cannot accept it today. Not only Jews but many religions still practice the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws, rules and religion is not living by faith.

Christians are justified by faith, because they have been justified by Christ. No laws, rules or religion was needed. Romans 3:26. Jesus justifies the ungodly by doing for the ungodly that which they cannot do for themselves because they were born after Adam, Romans 5:12 and are sinners. According to Paul, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Everyone needs to be born again by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. The results of this is that we have been made complete in him, Colossians 2:14. God can find no sin in the man that believes in Jesus, Romans 10:9. In the Gospel, we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and stand in God's court as perfect and complete in Christ.

Reactions: Saint Steven

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are two Gospels. There is the Kingdom Gospel and the Pauline Gospel. The Kingdom Gospel is the good news that the King has arrived. The Pauline Gospel Is about how Jesus has justified the ungodly Romans 4:5 and has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

When the books of the Bible were combined by the Catholics, they didn't care for Paul's Gospel, so they hid it. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not the Gospel. Those books should have been called "The Christ Event" because they are about Jesus and his ministry.

The Pauline Gospel was revealed to the apostles and preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost. It literally turned Jerusalem upside down and gave birth to the New Testament church. 8,000 heard and believed Peters Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4. Nothing like that had ever happened before. It was of God because it was of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:4.

Later on, Paul was called by Jesus to take the Gospel to the Gentiles and received the same Gospel as Peter, but in much more detail, Galatians 1:11-12. Paul's Gospel concerned the New Covenant and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. The New Covenant came into effect when Jesus died on the cross, Matthew 27:51. When the New Covenant of salvation by grace through faith came into existence, it canceled out the Old Covenant of law, rules and religion, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Many of the Jews could not accept the fact that the Mosiac law had been abolished and still cannot accept it today. Not only Jews but many religions still practice the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws, rules and religion is not living by faith.

Christians are justified by faith, because they have been justified by Christ. No laws, rules or religion was needed. Romans 3:26. Jesus justifies the ungodly by doing for the ungodly that which they cannot do for themselves because they were born after Adam, Romans 5:12 and are sinners. According to Paul, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Everyone needs to be born again by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. The results of this is that we have been made complete in him, Colossians 2:14. God can find no sin in the man that believes in Jesus, Romans 10:9. In the Gospel, we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and stand in God's court as perfect and complete in Christ.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the Roman Church hid anything at all. That's a new one on me. I suppose you could say the gnostic gospels were hidden and that later caused a tizzy within Islam, but nothing authentic has been hidden by anyone.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

How do you know all this?

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No offense, but there are significant flaws with the position you're relating. Paul didn't say the just shall live by faith; Paul quoted the Hebrew scriptures that say that. Your assumption that "Catholics" combined the bible assumes too much. The four gospels and Paul's letters were accepted as scripture long before any council decided to agree.

If you want to find the so-called "Pauline gospel" in the teachings of Jesus, re-read his encounter with the "rich young ruler" and the conversation after it. All the essential parts are there. Luke 18:18-30

1. All have fallen short = no one is good but God
2. Saved by grace = what is impossible for mortals is possible for God
3. Jesus' response to Peter's question is, essentially, "Have faith."

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure where you get the idea that the Roman Church hid anything at all. That's a new one on me. I suppose you could say the gnostic gospels were hidden and that later caused a tizzy within Islam, but nothing authentic has been hidden by anyone.
The Catholic church opposes justification by faith alone, which the Bible teaches. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. To refer to them as the Gospel is heresy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No offense, but there are significant flaws with the position you're relating. Paul didn't say the just shall live by faith; Paul quoted the Hebrew scriptures that say that. Your assumption that "Catholics" combined the bible assumes too much. The four gospels and Paul's letters were accepted as scripture long before any council decided to agree.

If you want to find the so-called "Pauline gospel" in the teachings of Jesus, re-read his encounter with the "rich young ruler" and the conversation after it. All the essential parts are there. Luke 18:18-30

1. All have fallen short = no one is good but God
2. Saved by grace = what is impossible for mortals is possible for God
3. Jesus' response to Peter's question is, essentially, "Have faith."

The rich young ruler was a self-righteous, lying hypocrite, "All of these things I have done from my youth". What a joke. Jesus tried to convince him that he was a sinner in need of a savior, but no luck.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is only One Gospel.

There is One God
There is One Lord
There is One Faith
There is One Baptism
There is One Jesus
There is only One way to God
There is One Savior

And there is One Gospel

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Before His Resurrection

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

“I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus” (vv. 16–17).

- Galatians 1:11–24

Paul begins Galatians by saying that he was sent by Christ and the Father, and that the other church leaders agreed with him. In Galatians 1:11–2:10, he expands on these two points.

He begins in verses 11 and 12 by saying that the Gospel he preached was not devised by human wisdom, nor had he received it from the other apostles; rather, he was taught it directly by Jesus Christ Himself. He continues by reminding them that he had been trained in and was fanatically devoted to the erroneous traditions of Judaism. When God called Paul on the Damascus road, he was commissioned to preach the Gospel of Christ.

Paul said that when Christ called him, he did not go to Jerusalem to receive instruction from the apostles. Rather, he retired into Arabia for a time and not until three years later did he go to Jerusalem. Even then, the only apostle he met was Peter, and the only other leader he met was James, the presiding elder of the Jerusalem church. It has often been remarked that Paul clearly implied that he spent three years being taught by Jesus Himself (1:12), either directly or (perhaps more likely) through the study of the Word. Thus, like the other apostles, Paul studied with Christ for three years before beginning his ministry (compare Acts 1:21).

Thus, Paul established for the Galatians that he received the Gospel by the same means as the other apostles —directly from Jesus. Fourteen years after his conversion, he had occasion to go to Jerusalem and there he met privately with the leaders, including the apostles Peter and John (2:1–10). He reports to the Galatians that they compared notes and found that there was absolutely no difference between what he had been teaching for eleven years in Antioch and what the apostles had been teaching in Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria. There never had been a problem, nor was there one currently, between Paul’s message and the teaching of the Jerusalem church.

The point Paul is making to the Galatians is that there has never been any question about the content of the Gospel. The same Christ taught Peter and Paul, and both men were in complete agreement.

How likely is it that the acknowledged leaders of the church today could come to such unanimous theological agreement? It was no less difficult then, yet it was achieved. What would it require for such accord in our generation? Pray for the unity of Christ’s church and the resulting peace that would ensue. Liogeneer.org

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
How do you know all this?
I have been studying the "Historical Gospel" for over 50 years. About 20 of those years were with "Verdict Magazine". Some of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time wrote articles in Verdict. The publisher of Verdict, Robert D. Brinsmead has retired. He is 89.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There is only One Gospel.

There is One God
There is One Lord
There is One Faith
There is One Baptism
There is One Jesus
There is only One way to God
There is One Savior

And there is One Gospel

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Before His Resurrection

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

“I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus” (vv. 16–17).

- Galatians 1:11–24

Paul begins Galatians by saying that he was sent by Christ and the Father, and that the other church leaders agreed with him. In Galatians 1:11–2:10, he expands on these two points.

He begins in verses 11 and 12 by saying that the Gospel he preached was not devised by human wisdom, nor had he received it from the other apostles; rather, he was taught it directly by Jesus Christ Himself. He continues by reminding them that he had been trained in and was fanatically devoted to the erroneous traditions of Judaism. When God called Paul on the Damascus road, he was commissioned to preach the Gospel of Christ.

Paul said that when Christ called him, he did not go to Jerusalem to receive instruction from the apostles. Rather, he retired into Arabia for a time and not until three years later did he go to Jerusalem. Even then, the only apostle he met was Peter, and the only other leader he met was James, the presiding elder of the Jerusalem church. It has often been remarked that Paul clearly implied that he spent three years being taught by Jesus Himself (1:12), either directly or (perhaps more likely) through the study of the Word. Thus, like the other apostles, Paul studied with Christ for three years before beginning his ministry (compare Acts 1:21).

Thus, Paul established for the Galatians that he received the Gospel by the same means as the other apostles —directly from Jesus. Fourteen years after his conversion, he had occasion to go to Jerusalem and there he met privately with the leaders, including the apostles Peter and John (2:1–10). He reports to the Galatians that they compared notes and found that there was absolutely no difference between what he had been teaching for eleven years in Antioch and what the apostles had been teaching in Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria. There never had been a problem, nor was there one currently, between Paul’s message and the teaching of the Jerusalem church.

The point Paul is making to the Galatians is that there has never been any question about the content of the Gospel. The same Christ taught Peter and Paul, and both men were in complete agreement.

How likely is it that the acknowledged leaders of the church today could come to such unanimous theological agreement? It was no less difficult then, yet it was achieved. What would it require for such accord in our generation? Pray for the unity of Christ’s church and the resulting peace that would ensue. Liogeneer.org

hope this helps !!!
Long post, all true.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I have been studying the "Historical Gospel" for over 50 years. About 20 of those years were with "Verdict Magazine". Some of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time wrote articles in Verdict. The publisher of Verdict, Robert D. Brinsmead has retired. He is 89.
You said
Not only Jews but many religions still practice the Old Covenant of laws, rules and religion.

Why don't you think we should follow laws anymore?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

With all due respect, there has always been only one Gospel and Paul made sure that anyone teaching " another" Gospel should be accursed. The ministry of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Gospel.
Galatians 1
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You said

Why don't you think we should follow laws anymore?

Under the New Covenant the Mosaic law has been replaced with the Holy Spirit. Within the Holy Spirit is God's spiritual law that is written on the heart of the believer, Hebrews 8:10. The spiritual law prompts or urges the believer to do what is right. There is no condemnation under the spiritual law. Romans 8:1. Like there is under the Mosiac written law.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
With all due respect, there has always been only one Gospel and Paul made sure that anyone teaching " another" Gospel should be accursed. The ministry of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Gospel.
Galatians 1
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Blessings.
Jesus did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. He left that up to the apostles. But he did preach salvation by grace through faith, John 3:15-17.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

So ten years before Paul knew Christ, Peter was preaching the Pauline gospel? That's some fascinating stuff.

I think it makes a lot more sense to stick with the Biblical idea that there is only one gospel, and that the four gospels actually contain the gospel. (And in them they say that Jesus preached the Gospel.)

This will help you sort it all out. It's a good read.

https://www.amazon.com/King-Jesus-Gospel-Original-Revisited-ebook/dp/B005IOZUDA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=R56A7PUOXZRY&keywords=the+king+jesus+gospel+by+scot+mcknight&qid=1662655242&sprefix=the+king+jesus+gospel,aps,78&sr=8-1

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So ten years before Paul knew Christ, Peter was preaching the Pauline gospel? That's some fascinating stuff.

I think it makes a lot more sense to stick with the Biblical idea that there is only one gospel, and that the four gospels actually contain the gospel. (And in them they say that Jesus preached the Gospel.)

This will help you sort it all out. It's a good read.

https://www.amazon.com/King-Jesus-Gospel-Original-Revisited-ebook/dp/B005IOZUDA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=R56A7PUOXZRY&keywords=the+king+jesus+gospel+by+scot+mcknight&qid=1662655242&sprefix=the+king+jesus+gospel,aps,78&sr=8-1
Where in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John does it say that Jesus has reconciled the world unto God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Under the New Covenant the Mosaic law has been replaced with the Holy Spirit. Within the Holy Spirit is God's spiritual law that is written on the heart of the believer, Hebrews 8:10. The spiritual law prompts or urges the believer to do what is right. There is no condemnation under the spiritual law. Romans 8:1. Like there is under the Mosiac written law.
How do we know what we are doing is right?

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
How do we know what we are doing is right?
We know that what we believe is right because it is according to the scriptures.

Paul made it very clear that we are justified by faith without the law or works.

"Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

This refutes all religious efforts to be justified by religion or works. Jesus is God's justifier, not works or religion. Jesus justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. We cannot keep the law, nor can we atone for our sins because "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We know that what we believe is right because it is according to the scriptures.

Paul made it very clear that we are justified by faith without the law or works.

"Therefore, by the deeds of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

This refutes all religious efforts to be justified by religion or works. Jesus is God's justifier, not works or religion. Jesus justifies us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. We cannot keep the law, nor can we atone for our sins because "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
So we still should obey the law because of what scripture says. The two greatest commandments are still law.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So we still should obey the law because of what scripture says. The two greatest commandments are still law.

To live by laws, rules or commandments is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10. Under the New Covenant Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, not the law.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14. To be under the law is to be under God's judgment.

Worse yet, the law works wrath, Romans 4:15.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.