What is the difference between Christianity and other religions?

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The concept of hell is why I dont accept the idea that the Christian god (if he exists) isn't all loving. He might be conditionally loving but not all loving. When you look at clear, abject evil such as genocide or rape, then it's easy to feel those people deserve eternal punishment (even for their non eternal crime, because we feel passion overrides logic here) but what about the thought crimes that are less clear, such as skepticism of the Christian religion? That's an automatic hell sentence which doesn't track with the idea that God is all loving, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

To clarify about doing good, that is something that Jesus does in us when we admit our need for Him. We trust Him and He works in us to change us from the inside out. Faith results in good works, not the other way around.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
God is all Loving. In the Bible we know that Love doesn't demand His own way. God doesn't force anyone to choose Him. God doesn't force us to choose Love. We have a choice, not because we would choose Love aka Jesus, but because Jesus seeks us out and offers us the choice. As hard to believe as one might think, most people, even people that aren't particularly bad, don't choose Love aka Jesus. The Love in the Bible is selfless and willing to lay down their life for another. It is working for the well-being of everyone. Most people only want what's gives them pleasure. I have learned that following Jesus isn't going to get you ahead how the world views ahead. Following Jesus is Sacrifice and serving others, most people want to be served. In the end God gives people what they want. He wants everyone to choose Love aka Jesus, but He doesn't demand or force anyone to choose Him. Everyone gets what they want. Additionally i would be very careful about grouping Christian religion into placing your Faith and trust in Jesus. Most Christian religion fail to point people to Jesus only. Most of them place themselves in the way to a relationship with Jesus by adding sacraments or good works to Salvation. The Truth is you don't need religion to know about Love aka Jesus because He lives in your heart. He has always been there but most people ignore and suppress Him. The Bible will help you, but ultimately it is a decision you need to make personally between you and Jesus. He offers you Himself and you can freely accept or reject Him, you don't have to clean yourself up before you come to Him, you just have to want to turn from sin and turn to Love aka Jesus. It is that simple. You don't need anyone to tell you because He has been with you the whole time. Nobody has an excuse not to believe in Love aka Jesus. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions to accept or reject Love aka Jesus.

But believing in Jesus requires adherence to a specific religious faith. If I don't have the evidence to conclude that faith is true then would I not be condemned to hell even if I go my whole life treating people well and loving them to my fullest ability?

God's love is conditional on accepting Christianity as true. What that means can vary, because Baptists think Catholics are going to hell, for example. But they all operate in a Christian paradigm.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But believing in Jesus requires adherence to a specific religious faith. If I don't have the evidence to conclude that faith is true then would I not be condemned to hell even if I go my whole life treating people well and loving them to my fullest ability?

God's love is conditional on accepting Christianity as true. What that means can vary, because Baptists think Catholics are going to hell, for example. But they all operate in a Christian paradigm.

Can Jesus be divided? Either you accept Him or you don't. People living in the jungle that never had contact with "civilized" people knew God. God is One! I don't go to church. I am the church. Jesus lives inside of me. I worship Jesus in Spirit and in Truth. I don't worship a pastor, priest, or religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The proof is in how the people live. You can tell a false teacher because they use Jesus to promote themselves for fame, fortune, power.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If you are asking is the Bible the Word of God? Yes it is. But that doesn't mean that everyone who claims to believe in it is truly worshipping Jesus. Many use it for their own agenda.

I like the Life Application Study Bible in the NLT translation. It is not perfect, but it is a great resource.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Can Jesus be divided? Either you accept Him or you don't. People living in the jungle that never had contact with "civilized" people knew God. God is One! I don't go to church. I am the church. Jesus lives inside of me. I worship Jesus in Spirit and in Truth. I don't worship a pastor, priest, or religious beliefs.

When you say God is one do you mean there is no Trinity? It doesn't matter to me, but most Christians would regard that is a heretical belief and heresy is usually cause for damnation.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you say God is one do you mean there is no Trinity? It doesn't matter to me, but most Christians would regard that is a heretical belief and heresy is usually cause for damnation.

God is One in Three Persons. God is Spirit. When we "look" at God we are looking at His Attributes. Who He is. All Three Persons testify to God Perfectly because they are all the same and all fully God.

Upvote 0