What is the difference between Christianity and other religions?

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another way to put it: if you had enough money to give everybody in the whole world a billion dollars, and your highest wish was for everybody to receive it, and you had the actual power to show them this offer is in fact true... well, why wouldn't you? Why let it depend on a few people convincing all the rest of the people that it's true, and let the vast majority of people who ever lived miss out? Of course it gets worse when you replace "a billion dollars" with "heaven" and "poverty" with "hell".

Some will say "but God has already given you all the evidence." No, he hasn't. If he did, everybody would have believed. No person who has ever lived would freely choose hell or even death if they actually knew they could simply choose eternal life instead.

In my own words and experience, my "billion dollars" is God's Love. The Bible says most people's "billion dollars" is money, sex, drugs, alcohol, being better then others, enjoying their life, doing what they want and when they want, etc.
Another way to put it: if you had enough money to give everybody in the whole world a billion dollars, and your highest wish was for everybody to receive it, and you had the actual power to show them this offer is in fact true... well, why wouldn't you? Why let it depend on a few people convincing all the rest of the people that it's true, and let the vast majority of people who ever lived miss out? Of course it gets worse when you replace "a billion dollars" with "heaven" and "poverty" with "hell".

Some will say "but God has already given you all the evidence." No, he hasn't. If he did, everybody would have believed. No person who has ever lived would freely choose hell or even death if they actually knew they could simply choose eternal life instead.

In my own life and experience my "billion dollars" is God's Love. I am statisfied in Jesus. Before Jesus Saved me my "billion dollars" was trying to statisfy myself in myself, the pleasures of the world, and wild living, but none of that statisfied me.

Now that I am living for Jesus people dislike me because I do the Right thing according to Jesus. I drive the speed limit, try to do things the right way instead of the easiest way, etc. Many people call good evil and evil good. They hate others for doing good. The worst people that I have encountered is religious people. When I question their religion they are ready to stone me. What I see is they think they got a get out of jail free card or a golden ticket. Religious leaders are the worst because they want the praise that comes from others, not God. They also make their living from there religion. To me following Jesus means suffering and persecution, but that is also Grace. God is in Control and He is doing what is best for me. God disciplines and corrects those that belong to Him so we don't continue living in sin but additionally we are tested and the people in the world also hate them. All God's Ways are Just and Right. Everything Jesus does is for the Best of those who call upon His Name in love .

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I guess that I could look at it this way. Before Jesus Saved me I was on race to hell. I was getting worse and worse. I would look at others to see how bad they were and judge myself by them. Now after Jesus Saved me, I am on a race to Heaven. I judge myself according to God's Standard of Right and wrong, not the world's standard of right and wrong. I see how far I fail at meeting God's Standard so I know that there is always room to Grow! And since I know God is conforming me to be like Jesus, I know that i will continue Growing to be more and more like Him. This is one way that i know I am on the Narrow Path to Heaven. When I get to Heaven I will be Perfect like Jesus.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you think/ believe that the Bible True ?
According to the Bible, He tells directly who is rejected and condemned, as well as who is saved.
Nope...not wrong. God is not at all exclusive. People are, but not God.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All I know is I want out from this world. I want to go to Heaven now. I don't enjoy this life and still living in sin and how the world is living. I prayed for three year for God to take me and He told me no over and over.

Our lives as Christians has a purpose here. To be servants of Jesus Christ living outwardly for the good of our neighbor in love.

That's the point of good works. The point of our good works isn't to improve our status before God, but to do good to others. As we were created in Christ Jesus for good works, to walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

The point isn't some sort of progression of holiness to earn brownie points from God. The point is that even as God has loved us, given Himself freely to us, we are now called to live outward, toward our neighbor, freely giving ourselves to others in sacrifice, love, mercy, compassion, and generosity.

This life matters. This world matters. Our neighbor matters. Being a Christian happens here, in this messy, complicated world where hungry people need food, thirsty people need drink, the homeless need shelter, the sick need medicine, the stranger needs welcome.

The Christian life is not about me becoming more holy and righteous before God in order that I can eventually escape this world and score reward in the afterlife. The Christian life is about carrying my cross in the world in order to love others, to care for others, to be present for others, in imitation of Christ.

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:1-11

If Christ our God considered even His glory something not worth exploiting, but humbled Himself, becoming a servant, then we likewise are called to lives of humble service.

That's the point of good works, that's the point of acts of love, that's the point in seeking obedience. God doesn't need our good works, but our neighbor does.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,378.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Do you think/ believe that the Bible True ?
According to the Bible, He tells directly who is rejected and condemned, as well as who is saved.
What I believe is what I see. And what I see is that God is just alive and vibrant with in others of other spiritual traditions just as much as God is alive and vibrant within Christians.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What I believe is what I see. And what I see is that God is just alive and vibrant with in others of other spiritual traditions just as much as God is alive and vibrant within Christians.
Just as the heart is more deceptive than anything else,
likewise what you see is not reliable and does not prove to be true.

As Jesus Says, that is important and is real, what is not seen. What is seen is temporal, and as you have noted in the errors you 'deduced' carnal. (fleshly, worldly)

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,378.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Just as the heart is more deceptive than anything else,
likewise what you see is not reliable and does not prove to be true.
Seeing God within people is a pretty reliable indicator to me.

As Jesus Says, that is important and is real, what is not seen. What is seen is temporal, and as you have noted in the errors you 'deduced' carnal. (fleshly, worldly)
I don't know how God is temporal...but OK.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Seeing God within people is a pretty reliable indicator to me.

I don't know how God is temporal...but OK.
As noted throughout Scripture, the 'god' (so-called) you see is not Yahweh (the Creator, the one true One and Jesus).

So yes, in your own way, seeing what you see is a reliable indicator to you , as Yahweh has given you over to believe your own delusion, not seeing Yahweh, but seeing the 'god' of this world as if so.
The god of this world is temporal, created, the god you see is this one.

(as proven by all of Yahweh's Word, Spirit, Plan, Purpose and Life in Jesus)

TEST TEST TEST - do not continue accepting what is false as if truth, test the spirits and escape the evil ones if Yahweh permits you to.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,378.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
TEST TEST TEST - do not continue accepting what is false as if truth, test the spirits and escape the evil ones if Yahweh permits you to.
I have to come back to this, in testing and in watching people what I see is that God is just as alive within others of other spiritual traditions as in any Christian that I've met. That's just the truth of the matter that I'm unable to deny. God is not exclusive. But people are.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have to come back to this, in testing and in watching people what I see is that God is just as alive within others of other spiritual traditions as in any Christian that I've met. That's just the truth of the matter that I'm unable to deny. God is not exclusive. But people are.
I am (I guess) aware that YOU are unable to deny, even though many others see right through it.

So the real question might be important: do you want to know the real truth (are you willing?) , or to continue unable to be able to tell the truth from the lie ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,378.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I am (I guess) aware that YOU are unable to deny, even though many others see right through it.

So the real question might be important: do you want to know the real truth (are you willing?) , or to continue unable to be able to tell the truth from the lie ?
Oh...I'm a seeker. God is my reality! I look for Truth.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Oh...I'm a seeker. God is my reality! I look for Truth.
Good.
Yahweh Says , as written in His Word, that everyone (from any religion or life or country) who seeks the Truth and keeps seeking will find it, and the Truth will set them free.

His Word is unchangeable Truth. (no need to depend on anything fleshly nor temporal nor worldly) (in fact, seeking the Truth and believing Truth eventually requires giving up all of the world and of sin and of the flesh and of mankind's society/ ways of thinking)

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,378.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
His Word is unchangeable Truth. (no need to depend on anything fleshly nor temporal nor worldly) (in fact, seeking the Truth and believing Truth eventually requires giving up all of the world and of sin and of the flesh and of mankind's society/ ways of thinking)
Agreed. No need to depend on anything fleshy or temporal OR wordily.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love is the answer! Jesus tells us to love our enemy because Love overcomes hate, bitterness, greed, lust, pride, etc. We are the light of the world. Let our Light shine. Our Light is Love. Those who belong to God love others because God lives in them. The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish Him! Jesus is Light! Jesus is Love! Those who come to the Light come to Love. Love is the Solution! Love lives in us. It always has we just ignore it. All we need is Love! Turn to Love! Turn to God! He (Love) is so close that you don't need to go up to Heaven to bring Him down, and you don't need to go to the grave to resurrect Him, He is on your lips and in your hearts. Just cry out for Love. Seek Love with all of your heart, all of your soul, all of your mind, and all of your strength! It is not far from anyone of us. Choose Love today and Live!

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just realized that God has always lived in my heart. I didn't need anyone to tell me about God, He was always there. I was just ignoring Him most of my life. I wanted to live my life how I wanted to live my life, not how he was telling me. My conscious was always there directing me, sometimes I listened, sometime I ignored Him. When everyone else was going the wrong way and encouraging me to go with them it was easier to take the wrong road and ignore God. Nobody has an excuse for not knowing God because He lives in your heart. If anyone goes to hell it is because they choose to go, not that God sends them there. It is so clear now!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being Loving

Being loving to others is being patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and looking past other’s faults. Being loving is not being jealous or envious of others, but happy for other’s success. Being loving is not having pride in your possessions and achievements, but in knowing that you did the best that you could do out of the kindness of your heart, not for recognition, but for the wellbeing of everyone involved. Being loving is being selfless and forgiving, even when others don’t deserve it. Being loving is being calm, listening to others and trying to see their viewpoint instead of demanding your own way. Being loving is thinking of everyone as equals and not favoring anyone. Being loving is letting go of the past, forgiving others and yourself, and moving on with your life. Being loving is letting go of other’s grip on your life and letting God into your heart. Being loving is giving others the freedom to choose their own path. Being loving is accepting other’s differences, such as race, religion, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, physical disability, age, physical appearances, or opinions, without requiring them to be like you or to have your viewpoint in order to receive your kindness. Being loving is accepting other’s back into your life even if they have wronged you in the past. Being loving is standing up for others that can’t stand up for themselves. Being loving is being kind without expecting to receive anything in return. Being loving is working together for the wellbeing of everyone. Being loving is who you are independent of who you meet. Being loving is always giving someone another chance, never giving up on someone, never losing hope and trust in God, and never quitting.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Those who continued doing good will be rewarded with Heaven and those that did evil will be tormented in hell for eternity.

The concept of hell is why I dont accept the idea that the Christian god (if he exists) isn't all loving. He might be conditionally loving but not all loving. When you look at clear, abject evil such as genocide or rape, then it's easy to feel those people deserve eternal punishment (even for their non eternal crime, because we feel passion overrides logic here) but what about the thought crimes that are less clear, such as skepticism of the Christian religion? That's an automatic hell sentence which doesn't track with the idea that God is all loving, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The concept of hell is why I dont accept the idea that the Christian god (if he exists) isn't all loving. He might be conditionally loving but not all loving. When you look at clear, abject evil such as genocide or rape, then it's easy to feel those people deserve eternal punishment (even for their non eternal crime, because we feel passion overrides logic here) but what about the thought crimes that are less clear, such as skepticism of the Christian religion? That's an automatic hell sentence which doesn't track with the idea that God is all loving, at least that's the conclusion I came to.

God is all Loving. In the Bible we know that Love doesn't demand His own way. God doesn't force anyone to choose Him. God doesn't force us to choose Love. We have a choice, not because we would choose Love aka Jesus, but because Jesus seeks us out and offers us the choice. As hard to believe as one might think, most people, even people that aren't particularly bad, don't choose Love aka Jesus. The Love in the Bible is selfless and willing to lay down their life for another. It is working for the well-being of everyone. Most people only want what's gives them pleasure. I have learned that following Jesus isn't going to get you ahead how the world views ahead. Following Jesus is Sacrifice and serving others, most people want to be served. In the end God gives people what they want. He wants everyone to choose Love aka Jesus, but He doesn't demand or force anyone to choose Him. Everyone gets what they want. Additionally i would be very careful about grouping Christian religion into placing your Faith and trust in Jesus. Most Christian religion fail to point people to Jesus only. Most of them place themselves in the way to a relationship with Jesus by adding sacraments or good works to Salvation. The Truth is you don't need religion to know about Love aka Jesus because He lives in your heart. He has always been there but most people ignore and suppress Him. The Bible will help you, but ultimately it is a decision you need to make personally between you and Jesus. He offers you Himself and you can freely accept or reject Him, you don't have to clean yourself up before you come to Him, you just have to want to turn from sin and turn to Love aka Jesus. It is that simple. You don't need anyone to tell you because He has been with you the whole time. Nobody has an excuse not to believe in Love aka Jesus. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions to accept or reject Love aka Jesus.

Upvote 0