What is the defense for planned parenthood harvesting babay brains?

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This is a good post. Talking about solutions rather than the problem. There should also be better sex education and easy access to birth control. This decreases unwanted pregnancies. Could you be more specific with your idea for a better support system? Sounds like a solid idea.

Personally I would prefer a government sponsored solution much like they have in place in Norway. Subsidized health care so the costs of pregnancy do not impact mothers. State regulated maternity leave so mothers will not lose their employment. A healthy midwife system so that mothers have advocates and professional health advice.

However if conservatives have an issue with the government running this it might be possible to come up with a private system to do the same thing.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That's a valid point.

The premise of this thread, however, is heart-wrenching.

Must babies die in this manner?

Unless you can find a way top stop spontaneous abortions I am afraid yes, they must die this way.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Again, I've never understood the miscarriage argument. That's like saying that since so many people die from accidents, diseases, and other natural causes, it's okay to kill people.

What miscarriage argument?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Again, I've never understood the miscarriage argument. That's like saying that since so many people die from accidents, diseases, and other natural causes, it's okay to kill people.

Same here.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not for an omnipotent being in control of everything that exists.

You mean God?

Would you care to start a thread on it?

I'd be more than happy to participate.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Miscarriages are accidents,

maybe i'm not getting your point.

They are indeed accidents. You asked if these deaths had to continue in this manner. The answer is yes, they will continue. Even if you get all elective abortions stopped these deaths are still going to happen as a side effect of our biology. Not saying that this is an argument for abortion or attempting to make a point. Was simply replying to your question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
They are indeed accidents. You asked if these deaths had to continue in this manner. The answer is yes, they will continue. Even if you get all elective abortions stopped these deaths are still going to happen as a side effect of our biology. Not saying that this is an argument for abortion or attempting to make a point. Was simply replying to your question.

Thank you for your response.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It only works as an argument when the other person believes that God directly chooses to take a fetus home to him when a miscarriage occurs. I agree that it's not a sound argument otherwise. It certainly doesn't make sense in my own worldview. However, when talking to such a person, the question is very similar to the question of why the deaths he causes in the Old Testament are not considered horrendous.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
I think there is an overiding enfluence that has wiggled it's little insidious self into the lives of everyone and that is materialism.

People talk about love all the time as if it is missing in our culture. Believe me, it is alive and well and building upon itself right infront of all of our lives. It's just that the love we used to have for others has been usurped by the newest shinny little bobble that the industry of distraction has created for us.

You can see that every time you see 45 people waiting three days outside of an Apple store to get the newest I-phone. Either that or the newest game console or the newest nicity that the media says you can't live without.

It's surprizing just how mom and dad ever survived as long as they did without a lefthanded waffel flipper by Ronco.

We don't value people anymore. We value products and we've done it so well our children are more familiar with Facebook than they are the local zoo.

People wonder why people are seen by people as throw away items. All our society sees in others is that others are in their way and might just make them miss the 1st three minutes of "The Simsons".

your right capitalism and unlimited greed has some major negative effects on humanity i think people love things instead of people because there are just so many things our attention and affection is diverted from where it should be . too much of anything is never good and unchecked capitalism has led to a culture of greed and waste . we need to take care of other people around us instead of just thinking about what is in our own best interest and how we can get more things .

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
your right capitalism and unlimited greed has some major negative effects on humanity i think people love things instead of people because there are just so many things our attention and affection is diverted from where it should be . too much of anything is never good and unchecked capitalism has led to a culture of greed and waste . we need to take care of other people around us instead of just thinking about what is in our own best interest and how we can get more things .

I agree with this, but I'm a little wonkie on the greed thing. Greed is an overiding need to hord and I'm not to sure wither fear and the anxiety of posible loss of what is familiar isn't driving some of this stuff.

Let me give you an example: During the economic downturn a lot of people who hadn't even thought of imigration before suddenly saw illegal alliens as a problem because their was less jobs to go around. Could not greed be motivated be fear of loosing that which has been universally been considered a security blanket?

Could the grandmother who died during a heat wave, because she didn't want to pay a higher electric bill be called greedy when ther family found several hundred thousand dollars sewn up in here matress?

How would you define these actions? I mean when I think about greedy people I think of people who flaunt their wealth and run around spurging on themselves while others just look on

Would it not be more accurate to make the devide not between the have and the have nots, but between the self-centered and the selfless? I mean I've seen milionares give away millions and I've seen a homeless person drop her last dime in the cup in church.

Wouldn't what is inside ourselves be a better gauge of value and the courage to acknowledge who we are and where we fit in society a better mark the search for?

Upvote 0