Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was reading in the book, "Papa-Nicholas Planas: The Simple Shepherd of the Simple Sheep" that in 1923 the bishop who changed the Old Julian Calendar to the New Gregorian Calendar in Greece "Archbishop Chrysostomos (Papadopoulos) of Athens" was a Free Mason.

It kind of reminds me of Daniel 7:25

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend To Change Times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.
Daniel 7:25

9780913026182.jpg

I've also read negative references to Free Masonry in Fr. Seraphim Rose's Book "Orthodoxy and The religion of the future",

51RD5TCTMAL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I genuinely wonder why some Orthodox Christians (and even just Christians in general) don't repent from being involved with this stuff. Do they just enjoy the perks and power too much ? Are they afraid ? Do they not have the perception and discernment of The Holy Spirit to recognize that it's wrong ?

Maybe they just don't care. It's like they just don't understand how horrifying and severe the judgment will be when they are standing in front of The Lord Jesus Christ and even before that how terrifying it's going to be going through the aerial toll houses while fallen angels torment and accuse them for not repenting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are some quotes from that Papa-Nicholas Planas book that are clearly jabs at Free Masonry and "secret" stuff, hand signs, hand shakes, speaking in code, secret societies etc.

This is from the Forward on page xxii :

313891_b915f419a04314193716ce6171a67316.JPG

And this from page 141 :

313892_cb8dd20f081583ef07372a4138e87ea5.JPG

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We don't know if others repent or not. Or what is in their hearts either way.

If people seem to need prayer, we ought to pray for them.

I don't know any Orthodox who are involved in Freemasonry.

Unfortunately my own family was for generations. I really think they didn't know any better. Some were very devout (Protestant-Baptist) and I don't think they would be involved if they knew of anything questionable. They were simple country folks, and those in it with them would have been simple country folks, all attending church together. Of course that may not be true for others. But I think ignorance is possible.

I'm glad the Church warns us not to be involved in such things.

Upvote 0