• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Christian method of getting a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Bee_Brian, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Bee_Brian

Bee_Brian Member

+65
    Christian
    Single
    What is the Christian method of getting a girlfriend?

I'm serious. I want to know what the Bible says about the subject of getting a partner.

Does the Bible even talk about it?

2. Another Lazarus

Another Lazarus Old Newbie

+837
    Christian
    Married
    Are you ready with housing and budgeting for mariage ? There's no clue in the Bible.

When you find a woman which attracts you, dont hesitate to tell her that you like her, say this clearly, not every woman will accept you though, dont be afraid, try others, because single women are looking for men either.

Or you can also follow old Chinese tradition, when an established man is looking for a girl, he searched for information about her and if found the woman is decent and good, he will introduce himself to her family and directly propose to marry the girl. The girl's family will then investigate his family and then let them have a date to know each other better for possible marriage.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. Fish Catcher Jim

Fish Catcher Jim Radically Saved

+450
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Prayer and getting your life right in Christ.
    Simple as that. If You Trust Him, He will bring you a spouse greater then you imagine but you must be patient and trust Him
    Blessings
    FCJ

4. 66/40

66/40 Member

+67
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Answer: Find a girl that is also a believer. You both should be equally yoked.

2Corinthians 6:14 (NIV)
    Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

5. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+804
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In biblical times marriages where arranged by the parrents often before the children reach there teens. Marriage was the nor for adualts and courtship was very rare.
    So the bible says nothing about girl/boyfriends.

All I would suggest is to talk to the girls you know/meet. If you find that you can keep talking to a girl, test whether she likes you by asking her to go for a coffee, if that works ask her to go to something, bowling, a museum, a walk and take it from there.

6. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,966
    Non-Denom
    Private
    This may sound elementary, but God tells men that they should love their wives like Christ loves the church. That's pretty serious.

Also, a man is spiritually responsible for guiding his family in the ways of God. This includes prayer together, outside bible study and to raise his children in Christ which would also probably include becoming part of a church community and paricipating.

7. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+1,176
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The best method is to get off of this forum and go start talking to girls.

8. Kit Sigmon

Kit Sigmon Well-Known Member

+811
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Biblical based advice for selecting someone suitable for marriage:
    Don't be unequally yoked...2 Corinthians 6:14.

Be regularly in prayer about finding a suitable wife and you walking humbly
    with the Lord and abiding in Him...
    Psalm 25:4-5
    "Show me the path where I should walk, O lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.
    All day long I put my hope in you."

"Plain speaking"...If you're like most hard-working " joes" in the US, do be careful to do all your homework when it comes to finding a suitable spouse...cause the reality is, there's a no-fault divorce system ...which means the system is not on your side.
    In the majority of the divorces the money, possessions and children aren't equally distributed ...not too mention gov programs are geared towards promoting and keeping in place single parent homes...they want the fathers out of the picture.

The family consists of mom, dad and children...biblical model, the one that
    the world continually seeks to reconfigure to suit it's changing views.

9. turkle

turkle Blessed

+211
    Christian
    Married
    I think the idea of "getting" a girlfriend is the wrong approach. You are not buying a puppy.

But if you are looking for a relationship that is Godly, then develop friendships with other believers, both male and female. Pray for God to lead you to the lady He has for you. When you meet someone with whom you think you might be compatible, invite her to coffee and get to know her better. Go slowly and prayerfully, and see where God leads you.

10. ToBeLoved

+3,966
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Does this really work, lol? :D

11. JoeP222w

JoeP222w Well-Known Member

+1,185
    Christian
    Married
    I don't think that there is anything specific about that. But in general, you humbly ask God, if it is His will, to send you a godly woman who loves the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

12. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+402
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    Travel around and when you see a girl you like ask your parents to get her for you.
    Judges 14

13. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+402
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    or try these ways:
    The Top 15 Biblical Ways to Acquire a Wife
    Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she's yours.
    -- Deuterononmy (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)

Find a prostitute and marry her.
    -- Hosea (Hosea 1:1-3)

Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.
    -- Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)

Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal.
    -- Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)

Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one and carry her off to be your wife.
    -- Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)

Have God create a wife for you while you sleep. Note: this will cost you a rib.
    -- Adam (Genesis 2:19-24)

Agree to work seven years in exchange for a woman's hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another seven years for the woman you wanted to marry in the first place. That's right. Fourteen years of toil for a woman.
    -- Jacob (Genesis 29:15-30)

Cut off 200 foreskins off of your future father-in-law's enemies and get his daughter for a wife.
    -- David (I Samuel 18:27)

Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you'll definitely find someone. (It's all relative of course.)
    -- Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)

Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest.
    -- Xerxes or Ahasuerus (Esther 2:3-4)

When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, "I have seen a ...woman; now get her for me." If your parents question your decision, simply say, "Get her for me. She's the one for me."
    -- Samson (Judges 14:1-3)

Kill any husband and take HIS wife. (Prepare to lose four sons though).
    -- David (2 Samuel 11)

Wait for your brother to die. Take his widow. (It's not just a good idea, it's the law).
    -- Onan and Boaz (Deuteronomy or Leviticus, example in Ruth)

Don't be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity.
    -- Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)

A wife?...NOT!!!
    -- Paul (1 Corinthians 7:32-35)

14. ToBeLoved

+3,966
    Non-Denom
    Private
    We are New Covenant Christians, right?