What is the best Christian movie you ever seen?

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may seem strange, but one of my absolute favorite Christian movies is "The Miracle Maker": a Claymation TV movie that came out in 2000, produced by Mel Gibson's production company & BBC Wales, and with a voice casting that is not to be believed. I feel so strongly about it that just this week I talked a woman into buying a copy, sight-unseen.

I know that the WORST one was the 1999 TV mini-series, "Jesus"...with Jeremy Sisto playing a weak, whiny Jesus.

Upvote 0

tarek821

Sep 11, 2010
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi good thread thanks, mine are :

-(mel Gibson) the passion of the christ

- The Bible

-The Last Temptation of Christ

I think they should make more religious films to educate humanity special for the younger's and they should be free to watch, my friend showed me how to get about 50 new full dvd religious films totally free I really enjoyed them I don’t mind show you how you can get them, I already have mine and its legal. Send me a message to I will show you how.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I

IngaLuv

The Passion of the Christ I love that movie and have never felt more inspired to do better in my life then after watching that. I think Mel Gibson did an amazing job with that movie. People tend to jump on what he has done in his life since and see him as a hypocrite but I see him as a man and a sinner, just like all of us.

There have been other movies that have touched me as well but none that stand out quite like that one.

Upvote 0

Christos Anesti

Oct 25, 2009
Michigan
✟20,114.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ostrov / The Island

"During World War II, the sailor Anatoly and his captain, Tikhon, are captured by the Nazis when they board their barge and tugboat which is carrying a shipment of coal. The Nazi officer leading the raid offers Anatoly the choice to shoot Tikhon and stay alive which Anatoly reluctantly takes, and Tikhon falls overboard. The Nazis blow up the ship but Anatoly is found by Russian Orthodox monks on the shore the next morning. He survives and becomes a stoker at the monastery but is perpetually overcome with guilt.
Thirty years pass. Anatoly now has the gift of clairvoyance and healing. But the other monks do not really understand him. People come to see Anatoly for cures and guidance, but even now, he remains in a perpetual state of repentance. He often gets in a boat and goes to an uninhabited island where he prays for mercy and forgiveness.
A prominent admiral arrives to see Anatoly with his daughter. The daughter is possessed by demons but Anatoly exorcises them. The admiral turns out to be Tikhon. It is revealed that Anatoly only wounded him during the war. Tikhon forgives Anatoly.
Anatoly announces a death by Wednesday; the monks provide a coffin. Dressed in a white garment such as Jesus wore, he lies in the coffin, wearing a crucifix. Monks, one carrying a large cross representing the risen Christ, are seen rowing the coffin away from the island"

Amazon.com: Ostrov (The Island), NTSC version with English subtitles: Pyotr Mamonov, Viktor Sukhorukov, Viktoriya Isakova, Yana Yesipovich, Dmitri Dyuzhev, Yuri Kuznetsov, Nina Usatova, Pavel Lungin: Movies & TV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoSteve

Author of the novel Off Road
Nov 1, 2010
Denver, CO
Visit site
✟7,642.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For me it's Fireproof. A great movie about a man who chooses to save his marriage and learns something about the nature of both man and God. If you're a male and you feel your marriage is slipping away ... I strongly recommend you watch this movie!

One of the strong points I felt was that they presented a story of a man fighting for his marriage not because he had children to look out for or a helpless wife who needed his support ... but just because fighting for his marriage was the right and Godly thing to do.

Not a big budget movie, but fairly well acted and filmed.

By the same group ... another good movie is Facing the Giants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi to all Jeny here this is my first post! I haven't seen any thread about Christian movies so What is the best Christian movie you ever seen?

For me are;

the 10 commandments (1956)

The Bible (1966)

Jesus Of Nazareth (1977)

Jesus of Nazareth (1977)

Prince of Egypt (1998)

Passion By Mel Gibson (2004)

Upvote 0

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This may not be considered a Christian movie but I think it count. Stigmata. When I watched that movie I needed to hear God more than I would ever admit and He spoke to me tremendously during that movie. No matter where we are, what we've done or what we believe, if God wants to talk with you, use you or be with you, there is no mountain He won't move to be close to you.

Upvote 0