• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What is the attraction of an 8 year old girl?

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read another story where a little 8 year old girl was sexually assaulted.
See link below.

My question is. What is the sexual attraction of an 8 year old girl?

I can understand being sexually attracted to a teenage girl but an 8 year old!

This topic may have been covered before on this forum but I do not visit this section so, can anyone educate me?

Police credit 'good Samaritans' for 8-year-old's recovery - CNN.com
About 7 a.m. (10 a.m. ET), a person described by Dyer as a good Samaritan told police he was driving when he saw a truck similar to a description of the suspect's vehicle given by authorities. The person, who had watched the news and was familiar with the case, began to follow the truck, Dyer said.
The man pulled in front of the truck and cut it off, and Elisa "took the moment of opportunity, opened up the passenger door, and jumped out and ran," he said. A second good Samaritan stayed with the girl, Dyer said.

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who knows what different people find sexually attractive?

My WH & I have a court order (which doesn't expire, like a restraining order) against a man who stalked and ultimately tried to take our older daughter when she was 2 years old. This man, who was about 45 at the time, was actually heard saying, "I can't wait until [D] is out of diapers so that I can marry her."

Also, sexual assault is less about attraction and more about power and control, or so I've read.

• Prayers
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quote by Singermom

Who knows what different people find sexually attractive?

My WH & I have a court order (which doesn't expire, like a restraining order) against a man who stalked and ultimately tried to take our older daughter when she was 2 years old. This man, who was about 45 at the time, was actually heard saying, "I can't wait until [D] is out of diapers so that I can marry her."

Also, sexual assault is less about attraction and more about power and control, or so I've read.

Singermom, way to go! Put as much deterrent on that sick disturbed man as possible.

I have heard from some social scientist that people that find children sexually attractive and commit asexual crimes against children can not be cured. If that is the case then I will vote for any law that isolates those criminals and protects society by keeping those criminals isolated for the entire life time of that criminal.

Upvote 0
E

Elliemare

People who are attracted to children that young aren't sexually attracted the way a normal healthy adult is attracted to another adult. They are pedophiles who have a sick mental illness. For them its most likely about dominating someone weaker or something of that nature. Its a horrible, evil sickness, not normal attraction at all.

Upvote 0

Phogg

Bent, Folded, Stapled and Mutilated
Mar 18, 2012
In the Ironbound section, near Avenue L
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not think there is a uniform, one size fits all for why adults rape children.
Anymore than there is a uniform reason for why people eat cheeseburgers.

My sister and I had extensive use when we were kids. I don't think all of them did it for the same reason as the others. I have been working a recovery program to heal from this since January 2003. My sister went through therapy starting in the spring of 1988.

I am not sure it would be okay to list the things I think were happening here.

• Prayers
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexual abuse comes from those you may least expect. My step-children ages 4 & 7 was sexual abused for over a period of 6 months. There were 13 children involved - oldest 13 - youngest 2. It was my MIL's next door neighbor. He did everything imageable to thest 13 children. The 2 year old let it slip. I took it from there - not one of the other families would join us in bringing charges. People look at this so strange - it is unbelievable - the Priest ask us to drop it because he was a good church going person. My husband's uncle was the Chief of Police, he begged us to drop the charges - the man's family came knocking at our door begging for us to drop the charges.

We did not drop the charges - but agreed if he was never allowed back on the street that he could go to therapy. He went away for therapy and they let him come home for a visit after 3 months - he killed himself in front of the children playing in the yard.

That was over 45 years ago - both their lives were ruined and I don't know about the other 11 children - but we were not held in high regard because we filed charges. We had them in therapy - the daughter has kept this awful secret from her husband of 25 years and does not have much to do with us and I think it is for fear that the secret would get out. The son who was 4 at the time - has had an awful life - the mother who deserted him came back into his life after 14 years and messed him up again with actions that are worse than disgraceful.

If anyone thinks for a minute that there is someone that would harm a child - don't let anyone discourage you from seeking help - it is awful to see young lives destroyed. It is power more than sex. They were tempted with a little puppy - the man would always get them to come inside of his house to play with the puppy - don't let your children into other people's house without someone with them, this was a neighbor of 30 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
This is all sad its not easy for the child in it to stop it either

It is not the child's fault; it is the adult's fault. The child does not have the power to stop the adults; other adults have to do that. If any adult at all knows what is happening and does not try to stop it then they are complicit in a crime. Adults have to try to find a way to stop the crime from happening.

It is not the fault of the child, and it is not her fault if she cannot stop them.

It is their fault; they are to blame, Angel.

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I know you think it is your fault; it isn't. That is a lie that they tell you so that you will not ask for help from anyone.

They tell you that we will not like you; believe me, we are 100% on your side, and we are here for you. We know whose fault it is, and it is 100% not yours.

It is about power, as you say. Well, you now have the whole company of heaven, all the angels and all the saints on your side; I think you can say the power balance has changed. Stay with us, Angel.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was 1st molested at age 5--looking at a picture of myself at that age I asked the same question 'cause there is nothing there to be sexually attracted to. These people are sick, and there are more females now who are doing the molesting, sometimes in league with men.
There was one girl on Dr. Phill who was pimped out for sex, by her father, from the age of 3---it broke my heart. They tied her to a lazy susan in the middle of the table and spun her around, She was tied with her legs apart--whoever she landed in front of, got to do whatever they wanted. I almost threw something at the TV. That really upset me. My husband asks my why I even listen to this--because it makes me feel like I did not go through as much as some others, and I am grateful for that. That poor girl will never be able to have children, she was so badly injured. Her parents did it for money for drugs--finally some woman said something to the cops--but there were other women who didn't.
Why should we use our tax money to keep these brutes alive, eating 3 meals a day, with more comfort than the homeless? Sorry, but this is one thing I vote the death penalty for. You can't fix them, give them 6 mths in jail to make peace with God, if they want and then put them down. I know many people will be against this, but that's how I feel.
But then, I think the death penalty should be carried out more often. The state even pays for sex change pills! They are allowed to take the female hormones and they have lovers--they showed that guy that killed 8 nurses years ago enjoying himself with his lover--wonderful.--and we pay for it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, child abuse is not acceptable in any country. That is simply not the case at all.

It may be on the books that's it's not legal--but nobody carries it out. In Africa it happens all the time, and in the Asian countries. Haven't you sween those specials on TV?? Men, alot of them American, pay to go down there just for child sex. And there have been several childrens orphanages shut down as that's what they were doing, pimping the orphans.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Mmksparbud what u said earlier discribes my life and cathy yes i blame me I hate me i am disgusting

No, Angel, you are not disgusting. You are a child who has been hurt, but you are not disgusting in any way at all.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
It may be on the books that's it's not legal--but nobody carries it out. In Africa it happens all the time, and in the Asian countries. Haven't you sween those specials on TV?? Men, alot of them American, pay to go down there just for child sex. And there have been several childrens orphanages shut down as that's what they were doing, pimping the orphans.

If they were shut down it was because the behaviour was not acceptable.

Child abuse is never acceptable; it happens, but it is never acceptable.

Upvote 0