What is the attitude towards transgender people in the Christian Church?

Unveiled Artist

Look! Its like the Nothing never was.
Jun 3, 2017
Virginia
✟35,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
That's like asking what makes a boat, but not the wood or metal?

We are body, mind and soul. The soul may not have gender, but
the body and mind are tied to our physical makeup. Our DNA.

That means you would not be male or female by mind because your mind is defined by your parts?

If I took out your organ and parts Now, you would not know "anymore" that you are male or female?

Does it just disappear?

Mind controls body not the other way around

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That means you would not be male or female by mind because your mind is defined by your parts?

If I took out your organ and parts Now, you would not know "anymore" that you are male or female?

Does it just disappear?

Mind controls body not the other way around

Nope. Genetics control everything. Even our brains
work differently. We were created as a whole being,
not a conglomeration of parts.

Upvote 0

Unveiled Artist

Look! Its like the Nothing never was.
Jun 3, 2017
Virginia
✟35,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
No? You wouldnt know who you are if we took you apart

Genes too. (I read you already)?

Would you

1. Know who you are if we changed right now: your genes and body but kept everything else

2. Would you mind magically change too?

a, If yes, what exactly changed outside your genes and organs?

b. If not, ...

-

Please stop avoiding the questions. I'll just repeat until you want to think beyond genes (go deeper into the topic) to talk about your core self so you understand me or if you are uncomfortable thinking about changing your sex and genes to understand my point, let it be.)

Nope. Genetics control everything. Even our brains
work differently. We were created as a whole being,
not a conglomeration of parts.

Upvote 0

ChrisX

Mar 24, 2018
Bronx, NY
✟16,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Its not a gender issue. Its not life threatening. Its satan at work twisting peoples minds.

This is not only a horrible, unChristian thing to say, you obviously do not understand there is a difference between sex and gender. I have gender dysphoria and specifically came on here to search for answers as to why some Christian friends were so adamant it was a sin. I think they are the confused ones, not people like me.

First, I understand there are two sexes. What small minded people such as yourselves do not understand is that there are, therefore, also going to be two genders. They are not the same thing. And that is where the issue of gender dysphoria comes in.

Normally, the brain aligns with the body. Female sex, female mind - ergo, female gender. I took sixth grade science, thank you very much, and fully comprehend the fact that XX chromosomes makes female parts while XY produces males. I also know that while chromosomes construct the body, hormones do not just play a role in sex development, they are absolutely crucial in that regard. Testosterone and estrogen not only affect gonadal development, they also influence secondary sex characteristics. Incidentally, I have two male secondary sex characteristics - an Adam's apple and shoulders that are broader than my hips. My voice is also on the androgynous side. I have had people call me "sir" on the phone. I also have Asperger's, which is influenced by male hormones, and female Aspies tend to have brains that more closely resemble that of men than other women.

I agree it is impossible to transition from one sex to another, and I am not a proponent of sex change or "gender reassignment" surgeries. But to say that it is the work of Satan for a biological female to have a male gender is just ludicrous.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But to say that it is the work of Satan for a biological female to have a male gender is just ludicrous.
Why would you think that? Your profile says you are catholic. Catholics are aware that demons can inhabit people.

How do you know that it was NOT a demonic entity that changed someones brain wiring to be female when the body is male or vice versa?

Upvote 0

ChrisX

Mar 24, 2018
Bronx, NY
✟16,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know that it was NOT a demonic entity that changed someones brain wiring to be female when the body is male or vice versa?

You've got to be kidding.

Let me explain something. I was not an adult or anything close to it when I realized something was wrong. In fact, I was so young, I did not even think in terms of gender. The actual concept of boy/girl NEVER came into play until somewhere around preschool.

I was most likely somewhere around 18-20 months old. MONTHS. While I was being potty trained, I used a plastic potty until I could "hold it" long enough to transition from diapers. One day, I distinctly remember feeling the urge to go, and being so proud that I had made it to the bathroom all by myself. I stood in front of the toilet, pulled down my pants, looked downwards - and got the shock of my life. I think my brain literally stopped functioning for a moment. I had expected to find something there, what exactly, I didn't fully comprehend - but the implications of that something not being there was a more painful blow than if a knife had been stuck into my gut. I would have taken the knife, because at least it either would have done me in then and there, or eventually stopped hurting.

At the time, I repressed everything. I thought to myself “there's nothing you can do about it, so just sit down.”

I spent the next 35 years just sitting down.

But no matter how much I did not consciously think about it, my gender gave itself away with innumerable little tells. From about 4-6 years old, when I started to understand the exact nature of my problem, I suffered pretty terribly. I am suffering now, because even though I am attracted to men, the typical cisgender male instinctively knows something is wrong with the dynamics in the relationship. How does my gender being male matter one iota to God's plan?

Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

kybela

Sep 12, 2019
Vienna
✟39,173.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You hear a lot about the Lesbian Gay Bi and Trans people; but not that much about the intersexed. They do not even have a letter in that alphabet soup they call LGBTQ. Do you see an "I" in there? I do not.

wrong soup.
This is the proper one: LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual).

• Agree
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God doesn't have you thinking you have the wrong thing, if He gave it to you. And in case a person's body is not sexually functional, God's love can have us loving the way the Bible says to love any and all people.

But we all were born in sin . . . born wrong so we can see wrong.

This can happen in many ways. Heterosexual people can be wrong, too, including by mainly just using sex for pleasure, and using people for this pleasure. And so we can miss out on how God's love has us sharing.

With Jesus, we can love, with whatever we've got, plus "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) So, if I am depending on my body and physical gender to get satisfaction and emotional balance, big mistake!!!!

In Romans 1:18-32 we see how people were not "thankful". And because they were not thankful to be able to enjoy God and love with all He has given us, they got messed up in lusts which are dominating and dictatorial and isolating people in their drives for pleasure; instead, they could enjoy tender and kind and gentle and humble and affectionate sharing, like a man and his lady can have in natural affection. God's love makes a couple able to love tenderly "without complaining and disputing" (Philippians 2:14) so they can feed their example of this to their children so their children grow up to know how to relate in marriage and other very close relationships.

But men were not grateful for this which is in sharing with God, and so they left this "natural use of the woman". which I now see as being not merely physically using her, but how we can tenderly share and enjoy affection with each other. So, of course, there are hetero couples who need to get into this.

But Jesus can change any of us to become able to love a lady and enjoy tender and affectionate sharing which is reproductive to produce children of this loving.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I ask this because I went with a friend to a church recently and the sermon was on "Is gender fluid".

The Vicar was arguing from a Christian perspective that there are only 2 genders made by god and that people who feel they are the other gender or who have a genetic problem requiring gender re-alignment should accept themselves as god made them and not receive any treatment.

he al;so was appalled that the Church of England is considering bringing in prayers to welcome newly gender reassigned individuals to the church.

His stance felt to me to be very un-Christian, I wondered what others felt.

How do you define christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't get the issue, many accept that there can be a dysphoria between genes and sex, that there are woman that look like guys and vice versa, or born with different genitals then their genes. Heck there are woman that turn into men at puberty, but [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] it's in the brain suddenly it's satan, it's all a lie give me a break.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what if some day we gain the technology to be able to fully transfer someone from male to female or vice versa, make them 100% functional and such, would people still be against that?
There will always be people against things. one day people will be against those getting glow in the dark skin and Tails and scales and gills Etc.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why would you think that? Your profile says you are catholic. Catholics are aware that demons can inhabit people.

How do you know it is not a demonic entity that made you post this?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are only two genders and a tiny number of
people with genetic abnormalities. Men who think
they are women and vice-versa are mentally ill, no
matter what the current laws and psychologists say.
What would they know about mental illness?

Countless groups have been labeled mentally ill just because they were different or because they didn't accept some obscure cultural rule. African american's who didn't want to be slaves were mentally ill. Women who enjoyed sex were mentally ill.

in the end mental illness has a clearly defined definition and the transgendered don't fit into that definition no matter how much you pay personally want them to.

The matter has become political, which always bodes
ill for truth, much less morality or ethics.
So maybe one should be asking just why conservatives have turned it into a political issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What would they know about mental illness?

Countless groups have been labeled mentally ill just because they were different or because they didn't accept some obscure cultural rule. African american's who didn't want to be slaves were mentally ill. Women who enjoyed sex were mentally ill.

in the end mental illness has a clearly defined definition and the transgendered don't fit into that definition no matter how much you pay personally want them to.

So maybe one should be asking just why conservatives have turned it into a political issue.

We have heard you say it's not this or that.
What would you say is the cause?

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I ask this because I went with a friend to a church recently and the sermon was on "Is gender fluid".

The Vicar was arguing from a Christian perspective that there are only 2 genders made by god and that people who feel they are the other gender or who have a genetic problem requiring gender re-alignment should accept themselves as god made them and not receive any treatment.

he al;so was appalled that the Church of England is considering bringing in prayers to welcome newly gender reassigned individuals to the church.

His stance felt to me to be very un-Christian, I wondered what others felt.

Many churches these days are getting out of touch with the Bible’s teachings from scripture. In fact, the church I attend is guilty of this sort of thing, unfortunately. The United Methodist Church (UMC) is considering a split over the issue of gay marriage (half the church seems to agree with it), which God clearly prohibits (Leviticus 18:22). If the UMC decides to endorse gay marriage, I’ll probably switch to a Baptist church.

As for transgenderism, that is also something scripture forbids. Deuteronomy 22:5 says this: “A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.”

Let’s be rational and stick to God’s teachings on morality. We must not conform to the ways of this world, but rise above it.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many churches these days are getting out of touch with the Bible’s teachings from scripture. In fact, the church I attend is guilty of this sort of thing, unfortunately. The United Methodist Church (UMC) is considering a split over the issue of gay marriage (half the church seems to agree with it), which God clearly prohibits (Leviticus 18:22). If the UMC decides to endorse gay marriage, I’ll probably switch to a Baptist church.

As for transgenderism, that is also something scripture forbids. Deuteronomy 22:5 says this: “A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.”

Let’s be rational and stick to God’s teachings on morality. We must not conform to the ways of this world, but rise above it.
do you follow all the laws of Leviticus?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
what is the cause of being left handed?

Common really?

Your saying what someone else says is the cause is incorrect, then you say it's the Conservatives fault and it is political.

Were talking about Transgender-ism, you honestly do not have a clue what might be causing it, and your left handed comment is all you can come up with, but you have no problem saying someone else is wrong.

You don't believe it to be a Moral issue?
Or is it you don't believe it to be an issue at all and we shouldn't even be discussing it, your ok with Transgender-ism as it is?

Upvote 0