What is the Antichrist known as in the Bible?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Scriptures tell us the Antichrist is man. He will be the only man Satan will give his Throne, power and great authority to, as recorded in Rev.13:1-2 and 18.

Quasar92

Hi brother. :wave: I agree that the Antichrist is a man, but what type of a man? Please correct me if I am wrong, but, from what I have been able to understand, this man is unredeemable. There is no saving grace for him.We know that Lord Jesus came to seek and to save lost humanity. We know also that Lord said the end would be as it was in the days of Noah. Some historical texts say there were hybrid men in those days who were totally unredeemable, and that they all died in the flood of Noah. Isaiah ,imho, is discussing the fate of this man here.
Isaiah14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Now, I am a little confused about this describing the beast with the 10 horns. I believe he is the Antichrist, but the deadly head wound that was healed was on one of his heads. So, is this describing a man or a system. Also, if the Antichrist, the man, is unredeemable, do you think it is possible that he might be a hybrid man? These are just a couple of things I have been pondering. :)

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the one and only final Antichrist, whom Satan will give his throne, power and great authority to, as recorded in Rev.12:1-2.

Rev 12:1  Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 
Rev 12:2  Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 

Are you sure about that ???

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.

Sounds like the catholic church. It looks like Jesus/truth/Christianity [a lamb] but is really evil [a dragon]. It looks like real church but really is the home of satan

Upvote 0

AKAP

Jul 16, 2017
South USA
✟1,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found. But he is referred to by a number of different terms as recorded below, and where to find them:

1. He is the "little horn" in Dan.7:8;

2. He is known as a "stern faced king, in Dan.8:23.

3. He is all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27.

4. In 2 Thess.2:3, 4, he is referred to as "the man of lawlessness."

5. In 2 Thess.2:8-9, he is referred to as the "lawless one."

6. In Rev.11:7; 17:3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17, he is called the beast.

7. In Rev.13:1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, he is called the beast out of the Sea.

The beast out of the earth in Rev.13:11-17 is the False Prophet and the activity he is involved in:

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name"

When Jesus returns in His second coming with His armies from heaven, He will defeat both beasts, the Antichrist and the False Prophet, Throw them in the lake of fire, and destroy the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, recorded in Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92

Well first off scripture John has the English translated word 'antichrist(s)' in 4 verses : 1 John 2:18; 2:22; 4:3 and 2 John 4:3.

Your 11 points really do not explicitly related to the 4 verses by John. This supposedly connection was a theory developed in the late 19th century along with the' rapture' concept. There was a flurry of excitement in the pews that wanted to hasten the return of Jesus. Today this fever is even more pronounced. Even the 1st century scribes and God fearing folks thought the antichrist was a specific type of people and not one person.

For me, trying to force these other pieces of scripture(11 points scripture) with John's antichrist is not wise and maybe very misleading and incorrect. It's like forcing in puzzle pieces into John's four verses that do not belong...

Now staying in context, John is speaking of the increasing opposition to Christ. The spirit that opposes Christ's spirit is on the increase, and will multiply even for today. Now a man or woman can possess this antichristian spirit. Nevertheless, the antichrist is always a spirit and never a human being.

Now even deeper, this antichristian spirit means a person (usually a preacher, teacher or spiritual leader) is possessed that is against not only Jesus Christ but also his true followers. These people with antichrist spirits delude themselves and believe they are actually true believers doing God's work and will try to deceive real believers and derail their faith and confuse them with appealing ideas. They will come as believers and knowledge about Christ. They are actually driven by demons and deceitful spirits( Matt 24:5, 24; 1 Tim 4:1; 1 John 4:1)

They will deny or diminish that Jesus, the son of God was anointed (the Christ) with the fullness of the Father's spirit because they will say, by inference, that Jesus was already God himself; meaning they will support the notion that his anointment was only symbolic or not significant.( 1 John 2:22; 4:3 2 John 4:3).

Being anointed allowed God's spirit to directly work through his son. The Christ (or anointed one)allowed him to perform miracles and even to forgive sin because God, his father gave him this authority, only after he was anointed. Being anointed with the Father compelled him to complete his mission on earth. He was the Christ, a human being, and not God himself.

You cannot have it both ways. Either Jesus was God or Jesus was the Christ per John's scripture and many other places in scripture (the anointed with God's spirit residing inside of him until his death on the cross then after his resurrection, He continues doing his Father's work today as his son).

And then if Jesus is the Christ and the son of God, then the Father is the only God. John says that those with the spirit of the antichrist are liars and will thus deny (who is) the Father and (who is) the son per scripture...1 John 2:22

Now in some translations of 1 John 4:3 it reads to the effect that those that do not believe that Jesus is of God rather that came in the flesh has the spirit of the antichrist. Regardless, it means those that do not believe that Jesus the Christ was born/created of God they are liars and have the antichrist spirit. So by sober deduction, those that believe that Jesus is God and not born for the first time, on earth, is an antichrist.

Nowhere does John say that those that do not believe Jesus is God is a liar or an antichrist. It is the opposite view. Jesus is the Christ that was only made possible by God Almighty and his Father and mine.

So I believe the antichrist spirit in this world, in mankind is growing rapidly as another sign of Jesus the Christ return with God's angels.

Now this does not negate a superman of a demonic spirit and power arising in the world tomorrow. I just would not combine it with John's passages of the antichrist so quickly.

Bless all

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi brother. :wave: I agree that the Antichrist is a man, but what type of a man? Please correct me if I am wrong, but, from what I have been able to understand, this man is unredeemable. There is no saving grace for him.We know that Lord Jesus came to seek and to save lost humanity. We know also that Lord said the end would be as it was in the days of Noah. Some historical texts say there were hybrid men in those days who were totally unredeemable, and that they all died in the flood of Noah. Isaiah ,imho, is discussing the fate of this man here.
Isaiah14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Now, I am a little confused about this describing the beast with the 10 horns. I believe he is the Antichrist, but the deadly head wound that was healed was on one of his heads. So, is this describing a man or a system. Also, if the Antichrist, the man, is unredeemable, do you think it is possible that he might be a hybrid man? These are just a couple of things I have been pondering. :)

Hi sis,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the input. As you have probably noticed, the Antichrist is identified in a number of chapters in the book of Daniel, as I documented in the thread I posted about him

Without a doubt in the world, he is an unregenerated individual who fits Jesus description of him in Jn.3:18. The best description of both he and the beast out of the earth/False prophet, are well described in Rev.13.

The beast out of the sea, with the ten horns, represent the Antichrist and the ten horn/nations allied to him, who kill the "mother of all prostitutes"/the false religion, in Rev.17, after the beast/Antichrist comes out of the Abyss Who wage the battle of Armageddon against Jesus and His armies from heaven, according to Rev.19:11-2. Where both beasts, i.e. the Antichrist and the False Prophet, are thrown into the lake of fire, and the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, are destroyed, ending the seven year tribulation.

Hope this helps a litltle, and please accept my thanks for your pst courtesies/ They are very much apreciated. :)

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well first off scripture John has the English translated word 'antichrist(s)' in 4 verses : 1 John 2:18; 2:22; 4:3 and 2 John 4:3.

Your 11 points really do not explicitly related to the 4 verses by John. This supposedly connection was a theory developed in the late 19th century along with the' rapture' concept. There was a flurry of excitement in the pews that wanted to hasten the return of Jesus. Today this fever is even more pronounced. Even the 1st century scribes and God fearing folks thought the antichrist was a specific type of people and not one person.

For me, trying to force these other pieces of scripture(11 points scripture) with John's antichrist is not wise and maybe very misleading and incorrect. It's like forcing in puzzle pieces into John's four verses that do not belong...

Now staying in context, John is speaking of the increasing opposition to Christ. The spirit that opposes Christ's spirit is on the increase, and will multiply even for today. Now a man or woman can possess this antichristian spirit. Nevertheless, the antichrist is always a spirit and never a human being.

Now even deeper, this antichristian spirit means a person (usually a preacher, teacher or spiritual leader) is possessed that is against not only Jesus Christ but also his true followers. These people with antichrist spirits delude themselves and believe they are actually true believers doing God's work and will try to deceive real believers and derail their faith and confuse them with appealing ideas. They will come as believers and knowledge about Christ. They are actually driven by demons and deceitful spirits( Matt 24:5, 24; 1 Tim 4:1; 1 John 4:1)

They will deny or diminish that Jesus, the son of God was anointed (the Christ) with the fullness of the Father's spirit because they will say, by inference, that Jesus was already God himself; meaning they will support the notion that his anointment was only symbolic or not significant.( 1 John 2:22; 4:3 2 John 4:3).

Being anointed allowed God's spirit to directly work through his son. The Christ (or anointed one)allowed him to perform miracles and even to forgive sin because God, his father gave him this authority, only after he was anointed. Being anointed with the Father compelled him to complete his mission on earth. He was the Christ, a human being, and not God himself.

You cannot have it both ways. Either Jesus was God or Jesus was the Christ per John's scripture and many other places in scripture (the anointed with God's spirit residing inside of him until his death on the cross then after his resurrection, He continues doing his Father's work today as his son).

And then if Jesus is the Christ and the son of God, then the Father is the only God. John says that those with the spirit of the antichrist are liars and will thus deny (who is) the Father and (who is) the son per scripture...1 John 2:22

Now in some translations of 1 John 4:3 it reads to the effect that those that do not believe that Jesus is of God rather that came in the flesh has the spirit of the antichrist. Regardless, it means those that do not believe that Jesus the Christ was born/created of God they are liars and have the antichrist spirit. So by sober deduction, those that believe that Jesus is God and not born for the first time, on earth, is an antichrist.

Nowhere does John say that those that do not believe Jesus is God is a liar or an antichrist. It is the opposite view. Jesus is the Christ that was only made possible by God Almighty and his Father and mine.

So I believe the antichrist spirit in this world, in mankind is growing rapidly as another sign of Jesus the Christ return with God's angels.

Now this does not negate a superman of a demonic spirit and power arising in the world tomorrow. I just would not combine it with John's passages of the antichrist so quickly.

Bless all

The OP was posted for the purose of revealing what the Antichrist is identified as. ad where it is found in the Bible. There are many other places where you can find him, but that was not what the thread is about. The listings in the OP are as valid today as the day they were written.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
n
Rev 12:1  Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 
Rev 12:2  Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 

Are you sure about that ???

The sign of the Son of Man in Rev.12:1-2, Jesus referred to in Mt.24:30:

he great and wonderous sign in heaven - The Birth of Jesus: Scripturally connected by Mt.24:30 and Rev.12:1-2

The essential factor in interpreting the symbol of Revelation 12:1–5 is the identification of the woman. What is John signifying by mentioning her? This much is certain: the woman in the first three verses is featured as being in heaven and both the Sun and the Moon are in association with her. After the dragon casts down a third of the stars of heaven (Revelation 12:4), the woman is then found on earth (verses 6 and 14). But the important factor is the birth of the man-child and the Woman’s relationship with the heavenly signs while she is symbolically in heaven. (The first three verses of Revelation 12 shows the Sun clothing her, the Moon under her feet and the Twelve Stars on her head).

The “birth” of the Messiah is associated with this heavenly spectacle. Since some noted heavenly bodies are a part of the picture, it could well be that John intended the woman to represent a constellation that the two primary luminaries transverse, and that she was a part of the zodiacal system which gives headship to the signs (the Twelve Stars were a “crown” upon her head). Recall that interpreting astronomical signs dominated the thinking of most people in the 1st century, whether the people were Jews or Gentiles. Indeed, the word “sign” used by the author of the Book of Revelation to describe this celestial display was the same one used by the ancients to denote the zodiacal constellations. 17

This is made clearer when one looks closely at the text. Since the Sun and Moon are amidst or in line with the body of this woman, she could be, in a symbolic way, a constellation located within the normal paths of the Sun and Moon. The only sign of a woman which exists along the ecliptic (the track of the Sun in its journey through the stars) is that of Virgo the Virgin. She occupies, in body form, a space of about 50 degrees along the ecliptic. The head of the woman actually bridges some 10 degrees into the previous sign of Leo and her feet overlap about 10 degrees into the following sign of Libra, the Scales. In the period of Jesus’ birth, the Sun entered in its annual course through the heavens into the head position of the woman about August 13, and exited from her feet about October 2. But the apostle John saw the scene when the Sun was “clothing” or “adorning” the woman. This surely indicates that the position of the Sun in the vision was located somewhere mid-bodied to the woman, between the neck and the knees. The Sun could hardly be said to clothe her if it were situated in her face or near her feet.

The Sun Clothed the Woman

The only time in the year that the Sun could be in a position to “clothe” the celestial woman called Virgo (that is, to be mid-bodied to her, in the region where a pregnant woman carries a child) is when the Sun is located between about 150 and 170 degrees along the ecliptic. This “clothing” of the woman by the Sun occurs for a 20-day period each year. This 20 degree spread could indicate the general time when Jesus was born. In 3 B.C.E., the Sun would have entered this celestial region about August 27 and exited from it about September 15. If John in the Book of Revelation is associating the birth of Jesus with the period when the Sun was mid-bodied to this woman called Virgo (and this is no doubt what he means), then Jesus would have to be born within that 20-day period. From the point of view of the Magi who were astrologers, this would have been the only logical sign under which the Jewish Messiah might be born, especially if He was to be born of a virgin. Even today, astrologers recognize that the sign of Virgo is the one which has reference to a messianic world ruler to be born from a virgin. 18

This heavenly woman called Virgo is normally depicted as a virgin holding in her right hand a green branch and in her left hand a sprig of grain. In the Hebrew Zodiac, she at first (in the time of David) denoted Ruth who was gleaning in the fields of Boaz. She then later became the Virgin when the prophecy of Isaiah 7:14 was given in the time of King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah. This Virgin held in her left hand a sprig of grain. This was precisely where the bright star called Spica is found. Indeed, the chief star of the constellation Virgo is Spica.

Bullinger, in his book The Witness of the Stars (pp. 29–34), said that the word “Spica” has, through the Arabic, the meaning “the branch” and that it symbolically refers to Jesus who was prophetically called “the Branch” in Zechariah 3:8 and 6:12. And Bullinger (and Seiss in his book The Gospel in the Stars) maintains that this sign of Virgo designates the heavenly witness for the birth of the Messiah (Jesus). They say that Virgo should actually begin the zodiacal signs which give the story of the Messiah. This may be. The apostle John may have given the same indication as far as the first full sign of the zodiac is concerned. He depicted the woman of Revelation as having a crown of Twelve Stars on her head.

This could well show that the woman (Virgo) is the constellation of headship for all the twelve signs. The “head” position of Virgo is located within the last ten degrees of Leo. It was in this very region where the story of the career of the Messiah would begin that Bullinger and Seiss referred to. Thus, the story of Jesus and his mission on earth, as related by these heavenly symbols, should logically begin with his birth from a virgin and conclude with him being crowned king in the final sign of Leo the Lion (with its chief star being Regulus ― the King star). This is no doubt what the apostle John was trying to show through the symbols found in Revelation 12.

The birth of this child in Revelation 12 (whom John identified with Jesus) should have occurred while the Sun was “clothing” the woman, when the Sun was mid-bodied to Virgo. This period of time in 3 B.C.E. covered 20 days (August 27 to September 15). If Jesus were born within that 20-day period, it would fit most remarkably with the testimony of Luke (relative to the birth of John the Baptist and the eighth course of Abijah). Indeed, the chronological indications associated with the priestly course of Abijah place Jesus’ birth exactly within this period. But there is a way to arrive at a much closer time for Jesus’ birth than a simple 20-day period. The position of the Moon in John’s vision actually pinpoints the nativity to within a day ― even to within a period of an hour and a half (within 90 minutes) on that day. This may appear an absurd assessment on the surface, but it is quite possible.

The key is the Moon. The apostle said it was located “under her feet.” What does the word “under” signify in this case? Does it mean the woman of the vision was standing on the Moon when John observed it or does it mean her feet were positioned slightly above the Moon? John does not tell us. This, however, is not of major consequence in using the location of the Moon to answer our question because it would only involve the difference of a degree or two. The Moon travels about 12 degrees a day in its course through the heavens. This motion of one or two degrees by the Moon represents on earth a period of only two to four hours. This difference is no problem in determining the time of Jesus’ birth. What is vital, however, is that this shows the Moon as a New Moon.

The Precise Position of the Moon is Important

Now note this point. Since the feet of Virgo the Virgin represent the last 7 degrees of the constellation (in the time of Jesus this would have been between about 180 and 187 degrees along the ecliptic), the Moon has to be positioned somewhere under that 7 degree arc to satisfy the description of Revelation 12. But the Moon also has to be in that exact location when the Sun is mid-bodied to Virgo. In the year 3 B.C.E., these two factors came to precise agreement for about an hour and a half, as observed from Palestine or Patmos, in the twilight period of September 11th The relationship began about 6:15 p.m. (sunset), and lasted until around 7:45 p.m. (moonset). This is the only day in the whole year that the astronomical phenomenon described in the twelfth chapter of Revelation could take place.
This also shows one other important point. The Moon was in crescent phase. It was a New Moon day, the start of a new lunar month. (See plates one and two below which show early depictions of the celestial scene of Revelation 12:1–3 and how the Moon is shown to be in its crescent phase.)

Modern Man and Astronomical Motions

While ordinary people in modern times who are not professional astronomers have little knowledge of the solar, lunar, planetary and stellar motions, the people from the 1st century up to the Industrial Revolution were well accustomed to them. Even people of little education were generally knowledgeable of the main motions of the astronomical bodies — even more than most college-educated people today. When anyone of early times read Revelation 12:1–3, an astronomical relationship was realized at once. There was no doubt that a New Moon display was being shown to them. And when the woman of the sign was interpreted as Virgo the Virgin, and with the Sun mid-bodied to the Virgin, they clearly saw a New Moon day occurring
sometime in late summer.

The apostle John said this heavenly relationship occurred at the time of Jesus’ birth. And in 3 B.C.E. this exact combination of celestial factors happened just after sunset only on one day of the year. It was on September 11th. It could not have occurred at any other time of the year. Indeed, even one day before ― on September 10 ― the Moon would have been located above the Virgin’s feet with the crescent not visible, while one day farther ― on September 12 ― the Moon had moved too far beyond the feet of the Virgin, at least 25 diameters of the Moon east of her feet. Thus, only one day applies. That day was just after sunset on September 11th, 3 B.C.E.

The Exact Day of Jesus’ Birth

The apostle John is presenting to his readers something of profound significance in a symbolic way. Revelation 12:1–3 shows a New Moon day that could only be observed from earth just after sunset, and the day was September 11th. This fits well with Luke’s description of the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Recall that,

“there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over the flock by night ... and the angel said ... unto you is born this day [which began at sundown] in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.”

Luke 2:8–11

Jesus was born in early evening, and Revelation 12 shows it was a New Moon day.

What New Moon could this have been? The answer is most amazing. It is almost too amazing! September 11, 3 B.C.E. was Tishri One on the Jewish calendar. To Jewish people this would have been a very profound occasion indeed. Tishri One is none other than the Jewish New Year’s day (Rosh ha-Shanah, or as the Bible calls it, The Day of Trumpets ― Leviticus 23:23–26). It was an important annual holy day of the Jews (but not one of the three annual festivals that required all Palestinian Jews to be in Jerusalem).

What a significant day for the appearance of the Messiah to arrive on earth from the Jewish point of view! And remarkably, no other day of the year could astronomically fit Revelation 12:1–3. The apostle John is certainly showing forth an astronomical sign which answers precisely with the Jewish New Year Day. John would have realized the significance of this astronomical scene that he was describing.

In the next chapter I will show the symbolic and religious meaning of this New Year’s day as interpreted by the Jews (and consequently by the apostles and early Christians) as it relates to the Messiah and his kingship. The information may provide a better understanding why the early apostles of the 1st century, and many Jews and Gentiles, so quickly came to accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Whatever the case, the historical evidence supports the nativity of Jesus in 3 B.C.E., at the beginning of a Roman census, and (if we use the astronomical indications of the Book of Revelation) his birth would have occurred just after sundown on September 11th, on Rosh ha-Shanah, the Day of Trumpets — the Jewish New Year Day for governmental affairs. There could hardly have been a better day in the ecclesiastical calendar of the Jews to introduce the Messiah to the world from a Jewish point of view; and no doubt this is what the apostle John clearly intended to show by the sign he recorded in Revelation 12.

By Ernest L. Martin, PhD.

Edi by Quasar92: IMO, the twelve star crown the woman is wearing represents the twelve tribes of Israel, not the zodiacal signs.

The Constellations she is in tell us exactly who she is: 80% in Virgo, the virgin, as Mary, who is pregnant andin pain, ready to give birth to Jesus. with her head 10% into the Constellation of Leo, the Lion of Judah, revealing which tribe Jesus came from, and 10% into the Constellation of Lybra, the scales of righteousness and justice, a clear representation of Jesus.

Which is what Jesus was referring to in Mt.24:30, when He referred to the sign of the Son of Man appearing, at His second coming, in Setember of the year, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. "Time, time and the dividing of time." Dan.7:25 KJV.

Quasa92r

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is what Jesus was referring to in Mt.24:30, when He referred to the sign of the Son of Man appearing, at His second coming, in Setember of the year, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. "Time, time and the dividing of time." Dan.7:25 KJV.

Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 
Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Rev 6:12  I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 
Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 

Rev 6:14  Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 
Rev 6:15  And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 
Rev 6:16  and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 
Rev 6:17  For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" 

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

1 Jn.2:18 is the only place in the Bible where the term Antichrist is found. But he is referred to by a number of different terms as recorded below, and where to find them:

1. He is the "little horn" in Dan.7:8;

2. He is known as a "stern faced king, in Dan.8:23.

3. He is all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27.

4. In 2 Thess.2:3, 4, he is referred to as "the man of lawlessness."

5. In 2 Thess.2:8-9, he is referred to as the "lawless one."

6. In Rev.11:7; 17:3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17, he is called the beast.

7. In Rev.13:1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, he is called the beast out of the Sea.

The beast out of the earth in Rev.13:11-17 is the False Prophet and the activity he is involved in:

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name"

When Jesus returns in His second coming with His armies from heaven, He will defeat both beasts, the Antichrist and the False Prophet, Throw them in the lake of fire, and destroy the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, recorded in Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92
Technically the Antichrist is the False Prophet so he is the Beast from the Land. The world ruler represented by the first four horsemen, first four seals, is known other ways. He is also known as the little horn who uproots four much bigger horns. The man of sin, the son of perdition, the prince that shall come, the one who exalts himself everything that is called God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No.

That would be Antiochus Epiphanes, who fulfilled the prophecy 408 years after Daniel predicted it.
It occurred during the year 167 BC.
John 10:22 is a reference to the festival of Hanukkah, which celebrates the rededication of the temple about 3 years after the event.

See the link below.

Josephus explains the fulfillment of "abomination of desolation"

There is no antichrist in Daniel chapter 9.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

If you look at Daniel 2 7 and and Daniel 9 they speak of the coming kingdom that will cover the earth and have no end. Dan 2 shows the stone cut without hands destroys the image of the beast and leaves no trace of them. Dan 2 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. 45 Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold—the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure.”

dan 7
“I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The court[fn] was seated,
And the books were opened.
11 “I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

The coming of the kingdom in Dan 2 is the same vision of Dan 7 and we certainly have not seen this kind of kingdom established on the earth. The setting up of this kingdom is when the beast and false prophet are shut down. Verse 14 is Gods kingdom Jesus reigning on earth for the 1000 years Revelation predicts.
Dan 9 speaks of a king who is to come is off the people who destroyed the city and sanctuary.
“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary...]

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

Then means afterward..The people who destroyed the city and sanctuary were the Romans in 70AD who destroyed the temple and Jerusalem. This coming prince will put an end to the daily sacrifice. So that would mean that God after scattering Israel into all the nations would have to bring them back and maintain their culture while in captivity and then bring a covenant with many nations and also at that time restore the daily sacrifices from happening. This is exactly what a literalist would think guys like Isaac Newton understood Israel would be a nation and the temple sacrifices would have to be resumed for this to play out. He believed this when it was highly unlikely to happen. Well it did happen and the Temple Institute has replicated everything necessary to resume the daily sacrifices not done since 70AD. Hosea 3 associates the return of the kingdom with the return of the sacrifice. For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

You see it has not been many days without king or sacrifice. The rise of anitchrist and the one world religion are out in the open now. To discount Israel's existence and the geopolitical seen now as having nothing to do with Bible prophecy is really sticking your head in the sand. Jesus spoke of Daniels abomination of desolation as a future event. He warned of the destruction of Jerusalem and gave the signs for his coming at the same discourse. The abomination of desolation is not tlaking about 70AD but the time of the mid point of the 70th week.

Upvote 0

agapebondservant

Jul 20, 2017
Gosford
✟9,817.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greeting everyone and blessings to all in the Name of The King of Love!

I found this short study very helpful regarding the topic at hand. Pray you all find it interesting and inspirational.

Seek the Truth in Love and humility upward and onward always.

In His Name

Steve

Attachments

• THE ANTICHRIST.pdf
    117.8 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.

Then means afterward..The people who destroyed the city and sanctuary were the Romans in 70AD who destroyed the temple and Jerusalem. This coming prince will put an end to the daily sacrifice. So that would mean that God after scattering Israel into all the nations would have to bring them back and maintain their culture while in captivity and then bring a covenant with many nations and also at that time restore the daily sacrifices from happening. This is exactly what a literalist would think guys like Isaac Newton understood Israel would be a nation and the temple sacrifices would have to be resumed for this to play out. He believed this when it was highly unlikely to happen. Well it did happen and the Temple Institute has replicated everything necessary to resume the daily sacrifices not done since 70AD. Hosea 3 associates the return of the kingdom with the return of the sacrifice. For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

You see it has not been many days without king or sacrifice. The rise of anitchrist and the one world religion are out in the open now. To discount Israel's existence and the geopolitical seen now as having nothing to do with Bible prophecy is really sticking your head in the sand. Jesus spoke of Daniels abomination of desolation as a future event. He warned of the destruction of Jerusalem and gave the signs for his coming at the same discourse. The abomination of desolation is not tlaking about 70AD but the time of the mid point of the 70th week.

From the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America before John Darby showed up on our shores.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

............................................................................................

The 70th week of Daniel was the time period when the Gospel was taken "first" to Daniel's people before it was taken to the Gentiles.

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles

Mat 10:5  These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 
Mat 10:6  But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 
Mat 10:7  And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' 

Based on Galatians 1:15-19, it was about 3 years between the time Paul was converted until he took the Gospel to the Gentiles.
On the Day of Pentecost we find in Acts 2:36 Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel".

Almost all of the first Christians were Israelites.

The New Covenant had already been promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared.
Christ is the New Covenant Messiah found in Matthew 26:28, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and Hebrews 12:22-24.

Do you think Gabriel came to reveal the New Covenant Messiah and forgot to even mention the New Covenant.

The only way to see the 70th week of Daniel is with a time machine set to return you to the first century.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Technically the Antichrist is the False Prophet so he is the Beast from the Land. The world ruler represented by the first four horsemen, first four seals, is known other ways. He is also known as the little horn who uproots four much bigger horns. The man of sin, the son of perdition, the prince that shall come, the one who exalts himself everything that is called God.

The beast out of the sea is the Antichrist, Satan will give his throne, power nd great authority to. The beast out of the earth, is the False Prophet, in Rev. 13 in the following passage of Scripture. In Rev.19:20, they are both thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev.13:1 "The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”

5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.b]">[b]

9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

10 “If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killedc]">[c] with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”d]">[d]

This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

The Beast out of the Earth
11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.e]">[e] That number is 666."

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 
Mat 24:30  Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 

Rev 6:12  I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 
Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 

Rev 6:14  Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 
Rev 6:15  And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 
Rev 6:16  and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 
Rev 6:17  For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" 

With the exception of your quoting of Mt.24:30, there is nothing else in your above post that has a single thing to do with the sign of the Son of Ma. Which is completely described in my post #28, from the astral event that takes place in the sky once every year, at the time of the summer equinox, signifying the birth of Jesus. The vernal equnox in March/April, signifies Jesus resurrection.

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The beast out of the sea is the Antichrist, Satan will give his throne, power nd great authority to. The beast out of the earth, is the False Prophet, in Rev. 13 in the following passage of Scripture. In Rev.19:20, they are both thrown into the lake of fire.

He's never called that in Revelations:

Ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. (1 John 2:18)

He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22)

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:3)

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. (2 John 1:7)
I just think the False Prophet fits the bill of Antichrist because he may well be a false Christ. There's no need to tie it to one person because as John says the spirit of the Antichrist is already in the world in the first century.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Without a doubt in the world, he is an unregenerated individual who fits Jesus description of him in Jn.3:18. The best description of both he and the beast out of the earth/False prophet, are well described in Rev.13.

Thank you so much brother for your response to my question. Your response provoked in me more questions ^_^, sorry about that, but please bear with me :scratch:.
I agree the Antichrist is unregenerated. My question about his state of degeneration is could he be saved if he chose to believe? I ask this because he fights against Lord Jesus Christ. He is a false Christ. This is what makes me believe he will be a hybrid man. He is a believer with not enough humanity left in him to be saved. Therefore, he hates Lord Jesus and the Church because he knows he can't be saved. So he comes proclaiming that he is something that he is not to deceive those who have the ability to repent and be saved.

Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's never called that in Revelations:

Ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. (1 John 2:18)

He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22)

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (1 John 4:3)

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. (2 John 1:7)
I just think the False Prophet fits the bill of Antichrist because he may well be a false Christ. There's no need to tie it to one person because as John says the spirit of the Antichrist is already in the world in the first century.

The Scriptural facts were recorded in my post #34, from which there is no other options.

What are you talking about; "He's never called that in Revelation." Who are you talking about?

Quasar92

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Scriptural facts were recorded in my post #34, from which there is no other options.

What are you talking about; "He's never called that in Revelation." Who are you talking about?

Quasar92
The word is never used in Revelations, it was outlined in the actual post

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much brother for your response to my question. Your response provoked in me more questions ^_^, sorry about that, but please bear with me :scratch:.
I agree the Antichrist is unregenerated. My question about his state of degeneration is could he be saved if he chose to believe? I ask this because he fights against Lord Jesus Christ. He is a false Christ. This is what makes me believe he will be a hybrid man. He is a believer with not enough humanity left in him to be saved. Therefore, he hates Lord Jesus and the Church because he knows he can't be saved. So he comes proclaiming that he is something that he is not to deceive those who have the ability to repent and be saved.

Hi sis,

As unbelievable as it seems from the description of who and what he is and will do, the Scriptures reveal the Antichrist is a mere man, See Rev.13:18. Thought you might be interested in the following about who the Jews think #666 is, in the following:

Is the Antichrist and Number 666 in Hebrew Nero(n)?

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST in Rev.13:18:

During Roman occupation it was illegal for citizens to criticise the Roman leadership. If the Jews wanted to criticize, they would have to invent a code language. Babylon for instance was the code for the Roman Empire. The harlot of Babylon would be the name for the Caesar. The heads of the beast would be representative of the power structure of the Roman Empire.

666 would refer to Nero Caesar. In the Hebrew Art of Gematria, every letter has a numeric value. If you convert Nero Caesar to Hebrew and convert it to Gematria you will get the number 666. The Letter N in Hebrew has a value of 50. When you convert Nero in Hebrew, it would be Neron, but some jews would say Nero, meaning it could be 616 or 666. Old manuscripts of the book of Revelations also have 616 instead of 666. Again, this need to use numbers instead of names was used in order to avoid directly criticizing the political establishment for fear of being arrested.
If you want a further analysis read the chapter on Revelations in Bart D Ehrman's book: "A historical introduction into early christian writings". Professor Ehrman teaches at the university of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is a textual critic of early Christian Writings.

SO TO HEBREW GEMMATRIA WE MUST TURN IF WE ARE TO MAKE SENSE OF THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST BEING THE NUMBER OF A MAN...

If we use a Hebrew Aramaic Gemmatrial system (where each Hebrew Letter has a corresponding NUMBER attached) the system works like this:

ALEPH =1 = (' )
BETH =2 =B
GIMMEL =3 =G
DALED =4 =D
HEH =5 =H
VAV =6 =V and O
TSAYIN =7 = Z
CHET =8 = CH
TET =9 = T
YUD =10 = Y or I
KAPH =20 = K
LAMED =30 = L
MEM =40 = M
NUN =50 = N
SAMEK =60 = S
Q'AYIN =70 = 'Q
PHE =80 = F
TSADEH = 90 = TZ
QUPH =100 = Q or K or hard C
RESH =200 = R
SHIN/SHIN =300 = S or SH
TAV =400 = T or TH

Since the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Elder (Book of Revelation) has TWO competing gemmatria for the "name of the beast", and was written during the 1st Jewish War against Rome (AD 66-72) the correct individual would presumably have to fit both 616 and 666 found in the 2 competing manuscript families for this marginal insertion...

The Roman Emperor NERO fits the bill nicely (he was the infamous sadistic but "Divine" Emperor-Caesar of Rome in AD 66 when the Revolt in Judaea broke out and used to burn Jews (i.e. Jewish Messianic Christians) in Rome in his gardens by dipping them in tar so they'd be able to light up the courtyard better!)

The Emperor Nero's hidden "gemmatrial" (i.e. Kaballistic-numerological) name in Hebrew Letters (with the letter VAV used for LONG O) would have been either written in Hebrew letters as: N R O N Q S R (=666, add them up) = this is the preferred version as spoken by the Greeks or else as: N R O Q S R (i.e. 616).

NERO was probably the original intent of the writer, but the "Book of Revelation"was re-written so many times in its long literary history, (e.g. in 96 AD (re-edited) with another Emperor (Nero-Domitian) in mind, and the text was applied to every succeeding generation where "persecution of the Elect" was in effect.)

Despite the "rhetoric of hope" for the "Elect" in the Book of Revelation which was meant to strengthen the resolve of those fighting the "Beast" contrary to the hopes of the writer, Jerusalem did not descend from the sky as promised, and 900,000 Palestinian Jews lost their lives in a war which, according to Josephus, should not have been ever fought in the first place...

This is copyright material and must not be copied in any way until going to the following to obtain the guidelines for its use!

Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "Byrd; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", and include the title of the message thread, 666-where does it come from?; and this full link URL to the post:
666-where does it come from?, page 1. (Unless otherwise noted, photography and other artwork linked within member posts are subject to the usage rights of the individual owners of the linked artwork.)

From another source:

In Roman times, the language used was Latin, and Nero was "Nero" ! That is his latin name! Also, in Italian, the name is "Nero"! Many of the romance languages developed from Latin - Italian, French, Spanish. In Greek and in Hebrew, Nero was Neron

When Nero Caesar's name is transliterated into Hebrew, which a first-century Jew would probably have done, he would have gotten Neron Kesar or simply nrwn qsr, since Hebrew has no letters to represent vowels. "It has been documented by archaeological finds that a first century Hebrew spelling of Nero's name provides us with precisely the value of 666. Jastrow's lexicon of the Talmud contains this very spelling."5 When we take the letters of Nero's name and spell them in Hebrew, we get the following numeric values: n=50, r=200, w=6, n=50, q=100, s=60, r=200 = 666. "Every Jewish reader, of course, saw that the Beast was a symbol of Nero. And both Jews and Christians regarded Nero as also having close affinities with the serpent or dragon. . . . The Apostle writing as a Hebrew, was evidently thinking as a Hebrew. . . . Accordingly, the Jewish Christian would have tried the name as he thought of the name - that is in Hebrew letters. And the moment that he did this the secret stood revealed. No Jew ever thought of Nero except as "Neron Kesar."6

The fragment supports the reading of some Greek New Testament manuscripts that read 616 instead of 666. Why would someone making a copy of the Revelation scroll make such a number change? "Perhaps the change was intentional, seeing that the Greek form Neron Caesar written in Hebrew characters (nrwn qsr) is equivalent to 666, whereas the Latin form Nero Caesar (nrw qsr) is equivalent to 616." A Latin copyist might have thought that 666 was an error because Nero Caesar did not add up to 666 when transliterated into Latin. He then changed 666 to 616 to conform to the Latin rendering since it was generally accepted that Nero was the Beast. In either case, a Hebrew transliteration nets 666, while a Latin spelling nets 616. Nero was the "man" and either 666 or 616 was his number.

Partial source: English : Nero Italian: Nerone, French: Néron, what were the emperors called in roman times?

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0