May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me to decide

Of course. We all have the right to go to Hell in our own way, and if anyone interfered with mine, or yours, I would be equally indignant.

Best wishes, Strivax.

PS. I started a new thread on this topic, you may like to input to. S.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are the pursuit of happiness, the pursuit of economic success, and the pursuit of virtue, necessarily or not necessarily the same thing? If you think they are, is 'individualism' in politics necessarily a social good, and why? If they aren't, which of these pursuits should be the priority for any Christian, and why?
Best wishes, Strivax.

Do unto others a you would have them do unto you.
This results in freedom to live as you would like to be living.
You get to keep what you work for and benefit from your moral choices.
This is the law and the scriptures.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course. We all have the right to go to Hell in our own way, and if anyone interfered with mine, or yours, I would be equally indignant.

Best wishes, Strivax.

PS. I started a new thread on this topic, you may like to input to. S.

Not exactly. Many men in prison are upset they cannot go to hell as they choose.
Too much interference with others dreams is not allowed.
So your highway-to-hell is not constitutional.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course. We all have the right to go to Hell in our own way, and if anyone interfered with mine, or yours, I would be equally indignant...

Not exactly. Many men in prison are upset they cannot go to hell as they choose.
Too much interference with others dreams is not allowed.
So your highway-to-hell is not constitutional.

I should have said; we all have the right to go to Hell in our own way, provided we do not harm others in the process. I regret omitting the rider I thought too obvious to need stating.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do unto others a you would have them do unto you.
This results in freedom to live as you would like to be living.
You get to keep what you work for and benefit from your moral choices.
This is the law and the scriptures.

Do you not also think it implies a duty of care, on each and every one of us, to rescue those who do not do quite so economically well as our circumstances allow us to do, from the vicissitudes of poverty, and so reduces the scope for blithely complacent freedom?

Best wishes, Strivax

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you not also think it implies a duty of care, on each and every one of us, to rescue those who do not do quite so economically well as our circumstances allow us to do, from the vicissitudes of poverty, and so reduces the scope for blithely complacent freedom?

Best wishes, Strivax

What makes you think people are not doing anything your post always seem to indicate that only you are getting it right and everyone else is a failure

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Best wishes, Strivax

We have a duty to provide work.
People in poverty need work to do. Disabled people need work
to do. The elderly need work to do. Children need work to do. Chores.
People in hospitals recovering, need work to do. At no time should anybody
receive a nickle unless they have expended effort to ask to help other people
to accomplish something the other person needs. In most of these cases
cell phones should be incinerated if used while working for others.

0b26a703f991291a692a0583eaf859cf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think people are not doing anything your post always seem to indicate that only you are getting it right and everyone else is a failure

Well, clearly we are not all 'getting it right', or there would be no poor among us. The world has the resources to rectify absolute poverty forthwith, but chooses not to do so. And the American Dream of inordinate, individual wealth must bear some of the responsibility for this, along with the typical American sycophancy toward the privately wealthy, both of which attitudes encourage the accumulation of riches, rather than the disposal of them in charitable ways.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, clearly we are not all 'getting it right', or there would be no poor among us. The world has the resources to rectify absolute poverty forthwith, but chooses not to do so. And the American Dream of inordinate, individual wealth must bear some of the responsibility for this, along with the typical American sycophancy toward the privately wealthy, both of which attitudes encourage the accumulation of riches, rather than the disposal of them in charitable ways.

And your constant protesting accomplishes what exactly ? I feel the same way about sexual perversion,vulgarity,abortion and corruption,should I protest as much and would it do any good....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have observed, having visited america - that there is a huge gap between rich and poor and also huge divides between races due to the legacy of slavery, there is also no treaty with indigenous peoples.

Another thing ive noticed americans is its a very religious country and likes to make up its own religions, eg no other country has so many (weird) sects like mormons, christian scientists, jehovahs witnesses, puritans, scientology, black muslims, word of faith, new age etc.

Lots of talk about God but many times its not the God we know of the Bible but the god of our bellies or mammon. Americas founders were known to be freemasons and occultists, some of them were deists. Do what thou wilt, as long as it doesnt harm others, is more of a theosophist maxim, so everyone just does what they think is right in their own eyes. Its a modern day Babylon.

You need to be pretty resilient and maybe just a tad crazy to be a christian in america. But they have a big bible belt and very extrovert in their faith. We have american missionaries come here and bring strange doctrines and most are sincere about them, others you think oh not another american out to make a buck.

Upvote 0