What is sticked in your mind? Hold on to Christ and keep look forward!

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is sticked in your mind? Hold on to Christ and keep look forward!

• “Do not say, Why was it that the former days were better than these? For you do not ask wisely in regard to this.” (Ecclesiastes 7.10).

Although it isn’t savvy thing to ask for the former days, many times we do it, as Jerusalem did:

• “In the days of her affliction and her wandering Jerusalem remembered all her desirable things from previous days; when her people fell into the hand of the foe; and there is no ally for her. The foes saw her; they laughed at her annihilation.” (Lamentations 1.7).

In distressing days, Jerusalem’s people started to remember their prior prosperity. You can be wondering: “but, what is the problem?”. See, for instance, the excerpt below:

• “But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, ancient men who had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice. And many shouted aloud for joy” (Ezra 3.12).

The Creator afforded the liberation of Israel by Cyrus, allowing them to rebuild the temple and restore the worship, but people who saw Solomon’s temple, regarded this new temple as petty thing (Zechariah 4.10). This contributed to them became lackadaisical and sloppy regarding to the order of the Creator to rebuild the temple, what, in turn, brought several predicaments about them (see Haggai 1.5-9; 2.14-19).

The Holy Scripture only advice to take into consideration the former days when people swerve from His Word (and this so that they think in His will, and not in their material losses):

• “So says Jehovah, Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths where the good way is, and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk in it.” (Jeremiah 6.16).

• “But call to memory the former days, in which (after you were illuminated) you endured a great fight of afflictions,” (Hebrews 10.32).

In Jeremiah, people had apostatize of the faith (see Jeremiah 7.18; Jeremiah 44.17-19,25 – hence the Creator to send them to the serfdom) and in Hebrews, many Israelites were moving away from Jesus Christ and His New Testament for the sake of the pursuit.

However, for those who are faithfully in Christ, the enjoining is Hebrews 12.1,2 and:

• “My brothers, I do not count myself to have taken possession, but one thing I do, forgetting the things behind and reaching forward to the things before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Phillipians 3.13,14).

So, don’t matter what you were or have in the past; now your situation is better:

• first, because your salvation is nearer (Romans 13.11);
• second, because the challenge of now is to get you ready for the coming glory that will be revealed in you (Romans 8.18), for His superabundant grace, which will able you to reign over all situation (Romans 5.17; Philippians 4.11-13) for the glory of Christ.

So, look firmly at Jesus and have I miraculous week.