Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If we do have the perfect love of GOD then we will work no evil to our neighbor. If we are able to love our neighbors at all times and most certainly at the most difficult times, then we have fulfilled the law of Christ Jesus. There is not an old testament Law that doesn't teach the same, nor is there a teaching of Christ Jesus that does not teach this.

Loving your neighbor. Does that mean to turn a blind eye to the sins in them because you want others to turn a blind eye to your sins as well? Would not this keep them and yourself in darkness?

Personally, I want my sins exposed, because once they are exposed and I am able to acknowledge them I can then seek my Fathers mercy and forgiveness by turning from my own evil ways to HIS ways.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Nothing that Paul writes above is inconsistent with old testament and new testament gospel guidance.

The word of GOD in the Old testament and the dwelling of that light here on earth through Christ Jesus we can claim as our light if we choose to dwell within it.

John 3:20-21 "Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

It has been done through GOD because HE wants us all to turn from evil to the light of HIS truth. HE is exceedingly patient with us and PRAISE HIM! HE is unfailing in HIS mercy and forgiveness, which is the true light. HE wants us to do that, which HE does, HE wants us to be HIS LIGHT in this dark world.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
the Peace that comes from God surpasses the need for understanding .

I do not think this is truth.

That scripture means that HIS peace is hard for us mere mortals to understand, it is hard for us to tell another when we know HIS PEACE. It is hard to describe when we are faced with difficult times, but know that it will all work out to HIS WILL.

HE wants us to KNOW and UNDERSTAND HIM. To say that it surpasses the need to understand to me means, why try to understand GOD?

Jeremiah 9:23-24 This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Isaiah 59:8 The way of peace they do not know; there is no justice in their paths. They have turned them into crooked roads; no one who walks in them will know peace.

Isaiah 59:9 So justice is far from us, and righteousness does not reach us. We look for light, but all is darkness; for brightness, but we walk in deep shadows.

Isaiah 59:12-20 For our offenses are many in your sight, and our sins testify against us. Our offenses are ever with us, and we acknowledge our iniquities: rebellion and treachery against the LORD, turning our backs on our God, fomenting oppression and revolt, uttering lies our hearts have conceived. So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The LORD looked and was displeased that there was no justice.He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm worked salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him. He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak According to what they have done, so will he repay wrath to his enemies and retribution to his foes; he will repay the islands their due. From the west, men will fear the name of the LORD, and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory. For he will come like a pent-up flood that the breath of the LORD drives along. "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD.

Or perhaps I have misunderstood the intent of your words?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi NatalieJan,

There are some things that cannot be understood and only lived .

Like the Peace of God mentioned in Philippians chapter 4 .

A lot of worry comes from trying to figure out things .

but the Peace of God comes from our trust in Him .

Reply #21 sounds balanced IMHO .

i only differ on emphasis .

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear NJ + MC , and all who seek fellowship in The Lord and His Spirit ,

Emphasis can make a significant difference in the nature of the message conveyed .

Like when Satan attempted to tempt Jesus by quoting Scriptures - he didn't misquote them , but did put an emphasis upon them which distorted the meaning and message thereof .

To say the peace of God passes understanding , with an emphasis which stresses how great God's peace is - is totally different than to say it with an emphasis which implies that seeking understanding is futile - because it's beyond our capacity to understand .

Consider -

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
<-----> Ephesians 3:17-19

Paul writing by inspiration of The Holy Spirit exhorted believers in Christ to regard the specific nature of his prayer concerning them .

That we would come to know / comprehend the love of Christ , which passes knowledge ( or our current capacity for knowing ).

Wherefore the Apostle Peter wrote -

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. <-----> 2nd Peter 3:18

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. <-----> John 17:3 ( Words of Jesus )

It's not about " trying to figure out things " ; it's about studying God's Word + seeking The Lord to reveal His Saving Knowledge + Understanding to us in our inner man , so that we can be in agreement with + live The Spirit Inspired Life .

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
<-----> Ephesians 1:14-17

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; <-----> Colossians 1:19

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
<-----> Colossians 2:2+3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true that knowledge + understanding are meant to empower and enable , and without vigilant application , we can become as tinkling brass and sounding cymbal . Yet even perceiving this truth is a fruit of knowledge and understanding - so it starts with revelation ... but it ends with perfection - and along the way there are tests and trials , with lessons to learn , through tribulations with respite , until we enter into our rest in Christ .

May The Lord Be Pleased to Bless !

wm

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Dear NJ + MC , and all who seek fellowship in The Lord and His Spirit ,

Emphasis can make a significant difference in the nature of the message conveyed .
I know .. i just know mincing words over emphasis really is not productive until all are one in His love and begin from the same premise . because we're looking from different perspectives . it doesn't mean a different perspective is a wrong perspective . all colours of the spectrum must come together in order for the true light to manifest in the prism as light resplendent to God .

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi NatalieJan,

There are some things that cannot be understood and only lived .

Like the Peace of God mentioned in Philippians chapter 4 .

A lot of worry comes from trying to figure out things .

but the Peace of God comes from our trust in Him .

Reply #21 sounds balanced IMHO .

i only differ on emphasis .

I agree there are many things that cannot be understood. I do not worry about trying to figure things out, because I know that if it were HIS will he would enlighten, and I realize it is in HIS TIME and not my own. I do worry however about not loosing what I have learned from HIM. Which is difficult to do when there are so many who do not understand the same. Yes! The peace of GOD comes from our trust in HIM.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
To say the peace of God passes understanding , with an emphasis which stresses how great God's peace is - is totally different than to say it with an emphasis which implies that seeking understanding is futile - because it's beyond our capacity to understand .

This is why I told him that perhaps I missunderstood what he was saying. We have a disadvantage interpreting via the internet and not face to face. Sometimes the spirit of the words come out to me and sometimes they do not when I read anothers typeface and words. Clarity is imparative and many times it is hard to understand exactly how you yourself are coming accross in the written word even though you know how it would come accross in the spoken.

It's not about " trying to figure out things " ; it's about studying God's Word + seeking The Lord to reveal His Saving Knowledge + Understanding to us in our inner man , so that we can be in agreement with + live The Spirit Inspired Life .

I know it is not about trying to figure out things, I do not think Michael believes this either. He was just stating that much time is wasted worrying when it can be lived, or so I believe this is what he is saying.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yea , " Just do it !"

Do what ?

Whatever it is that you're supposed to be doing !

But how do we know what that is , when so many people say so many different things , or say the same things so differently ?

Try what seems most likely .

How do we gauge likelihood ?

What we need is sound doctrine !

But how do we determine what is sound doctrine ?

When we are all one , we will know !

But isn't sound doctrine meant to greatly assist in our becoming one ?

Yea , just do it !

Do what ?

Whatever you believe !

But how do we know what to believe ?

Read your Bible , that's what it's here for !

But how do we know how to correctly interpret The Bible ?

Ask God to reveal the truth to you .

And then what ?

Just do it !

Do what ?

Whatever it is God reveals !

But how do we know we've had a genuine revelation , and are not being deceived ?

You'll find out when we're all one .

But how can we get to being all one , when many of us believe contradictory things ?

Believe in miracles !

What miracles ?

The ones that will bring us all together as one , in spite of us not seeing eye to eye and being disagreeable over many things .

Is there anything we can do to help bring these miracles about ?

Love your neighbor as yourself .

But who is my neighbor ?

Whoever is nearby .

And how do we know what is real love ?

Look to Jesus !

Whose version of Jesus ?

The Bible's Jesus .

Which Bible , which version , whose interpretation ?

Just do it !

Do what ?

Believe on The Lord Jesus !

But how can one know they're believing correctly ?

The fruit of your belief will bear witness .

Which fruit ?

Read your Bible !

Which one ?

Just do it !

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
<-----> 2nd Timothy 3:15-17

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When i read my bible i am informed that good works are prompted by God's Love .

and we know what is right from the law He has written on our hearts .

What we become is a spiritual process . the bible is there as a schoolmaster until we learn what we need to, to learn all things from the Father as Jesus our master did .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
As you read scripture the WORD will correct you, only if you are open to hearing from GOD, listening to others interpretations and even your own will not get you there. If there is anything there that you still stand in unbelief on and do not do, that is what is going to keep you from being one with HIM. You can disregaurd it over and over again, but eventually you will find that if you just do what Jesus has said to do, you will be one with HIM (HE HIMSELF will draw you nearer) and HE will bring you to the knowledge of all HIS TRUTH. There is true peace in the persuit of this and trusting HIM to guide you by yeilding to the Spirit HE has given you to aide and help you through it all. If you read and refuse to do in this lifetime what Jesus is leading you to do (for whatever reason), GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF will call you to account at the Great White Throne. So any excuse you have not to listen and do, better be a good one. Because we all will be judged by HIS WORD, so it would behove us to be earnest in the persuit of HIS TRUTH.

The problem I see is that most churches today don't lead the assemblies to self study scripture which is having a personal close relationship with GOD, for it is HIS WORD and HIS WORD is truth. Sound doctrine must be found where HIS WORD exists and HIS WORD does not exist in this carnal world.

Because we are all at differing spiritual maturity with differing spiritual gifts, it is difficult to lead another to your level (or what you think your level is, which might not be any closer to GOD than anothers is), nothing is impossible for GOD which means you must trust in HIM and draw from HIM. It is clear however that for anyone to instruct another soundly, they must already be one with JESUS. Therefore, one must listen to Jesus and do what HE asks you to do. READ YOUR BIBLES AND ASK GOD TO GUIDE YOU IN HIS TRUTH!

GOD's FRUIT will only be GOOD (spiritual), and lead to a GOOD (spiritual) life here and in the age to come. Spiritual fruit is what is required, not carnal fruit. No one apart from Christ Jesus can produce this spiritual fruit, all knowledge of what you do must come from HIM. This world does not understand the spiritual fruit, it doesn't understand doing good even to those who treat you terribly, it is impossible for them to understand this because they are still carnal (selfish, HIS WILL is unimportant to them). We must be spiritual to understand these spiritual truths and when others are still carnal, it is impossible to get them to understand anything spiritually.

SOUND DOCTRIN IS STILL HIS WORD! HOW HE HAS INTENDED IT AND NOT HOW WE WISH TO INTEND IT. WE MUST SEEK HIM!

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One thing with that NatJan, is that the premise by which we read and interpret the bible can be unbiblical . the bible does leave instructions on how to read it . and sometimes when one is really hard headed (such as myself) God may drastically change your view of the world through some Damascus scale event .. so you see it that that is necessary .

the bible is the bible . but i'm not convinced this far down the time span that anyone knows how to read it in the eyes of the originating church culture .

IMHO though .

Upvote 0

BethelArsonist

May 21, 2007
Republic of Texas
✟626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a great question. What is sound doctrine? Let me first point out that the whole phrase ONLY appears in the letters of Paul to those he considered to be and to become his successors, Timothy and Titus. And I assure you that is the key to finding the scriptural answer to this question.

The reason I am confident in saying this is because I know how well Paul understood the processes of divine order - the progressions of change that outline the historical development of not only the church but even all of the world throughout time. He was most brilliant in understanding these things, even far beyond the best theologians today. His foresight into the future was clear to him even unto our own day and beyond. He knew there was an ordained process of leadership Christianity would follow as well. And he knew where he stood in it. When he mentions to Timothy: "(the glorious gospel) which he entrusted to me," I believe, he is referring to his belief that he would be single-handedly carrying it far, far into the future and even to a time when he hands it off to an entirely different, new generation of Christian leadership that the world will have never seen before then.

Let me back up a bit.

First there was Moses. For like a thousand and a half years he was the central figure in the leadership of the people of God. Then there was Jesus. And for like a thousand and a half years (until Protestantism) He (and the Catholic church) was the primary leader. But just about ever since the advent of the New World Paul has been much more closely followed by Christianity than any other figure (Paul was not so well accepted by the church prior to King James).

Today you can walk into any church and hear the words of Paul probably 3-5 times more than you hear those of Jesus or Moses. Paul is the main leader these days. But he knew that would only be for a time before the world demanded a more effective sort of leadership. And the world is a very different place today than it was in his time, and has much different needs that the church could conceivably meet. But instead the church is bogged down in such things as the need to be politically correct, the need to cater to the whims of the most emotionally insecure, and the need to compete for business in the free-capitalist environment we subject it to these days (in order to survive economically). So it cannot provide progressive leadership. In fact, all these influences have really corrupted the quality of all common religious practice we find in the church these days, as well as the usefulness of doctrine in government. Even our government leaders are pretty lost these days because the church offers them nothing whatsoever that useful to them (I think a lot of them even know something is wrong here).

This is why Paul points Timothy and Titus toward the idea of more logical, reasonable, or sound doctrine. That is something that is yet to come. The American church cannot rest in truly sound doctrine that is consistent with modern information and with science, and with the world in productive ways. Instead it is removed and ineffective and very rapidly becoming more ineffective all the time (The pews have vacated by more than 50% in just the last decade).

But there is now soon to come a new generation with much different needs that will put much different demand on the abilities of Christian nations and the church. And that is what, I believe, is going to give birth to something few people have ever really imagined before, something Paul called SOUND DOCTRINE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
One thing with that NatJan, is that the premise by which we read and interpret the bible can be unbiblical . the bible does leave instructions on how to read it . and sometimes when one is really hard headed (such as myself) God may drastically change your view of the world through some Damascus scale event .. so you see it that that is necessary .

the bible is the bible . but i'm not convinced this far down the time span that anyone knows how to read it in the eyes of the originating church culture .

IMHO though .

:amen:

Galatians 1:11-24
11I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up.
12I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
13For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.
14I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
15But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased
16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,
17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus. 18Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days.
19I saw none of the other apostles&#8212;only James, the Lord's brother.
20I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.
21Later I went to Syria and Cilicia.
22I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.
23They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy."
24And they praised God because of me.

Upvote 0

BethelArsonist

May 21, 2007
Republic of Texas
✟626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I should mention one other thing here. The Bible is a storehouse of human inspiration, much like a battery is a storage device for electrical energy. What it does for you depends on what you need it to do for you. A battery can run a fan or it can run a light. What it does for you depends on what you need to plug into it. This is why the same Bible has led men to war and led men to peace.

It has always amazed me how ignorant every generation seems to become to think they have all there is that God and/or the Bible has to offer. But every generation does the same thing. They just think they are it and that is all there is. But it is this same pride that actually blinds them from seeing the light preserved for another generation. And the less they care for the future, the more they are blind, the more they are proud, and the greater and brighter the light there is they then create for another generation to come that in another time is better than them.

It is also, and again, by this same phenomena that we today cannot imagine that any generation subsequent to ours could possibly find a way to get a different and a better doctrine out of the Bible than all that have come to be in the past, or than what is to be had today. It only helps, therefore, that the gospel reserved for Timothy is also not to be found in print today, as well. Yet it is in the Bible, only written not in the letters of the words found there, but heard by the demands of the hearts that shall read them anew in a time yet to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The problem I see is that most churches today don't lead the assemblies to self study scripture which [promotes] having a personal close relationship with GOD, for it is HIS WORD and HIS WORD is truth.

Yeah ,

It's as though most do not trust that God can accurately communicate to your average person ; or they're afraid that He actually will !

So most major groups attempt to secure their own particular doctrine or emphasis of Scripture , by telling people which verses to focus on and how to perceive what they are saying .

They offer " Bible Studies " which convey their own denominational distinctiveness . Rather than trusting that God's Spirit can lead and teach those who ask for and seek to know and understand The Truth .

If more individuals would sincerely pray and study Scripture for themself , then The Lord would speak to us and minister to us in a more intimate / individual manner , according to our unique need .

Then when gathered together , each member would have something personally from The Lord to share , and what we knew , we would know within ourself ... not from second hand assertions , or unconfirmed sources .

This is the way to empowerment , and failing this is why so many of us live unempowered ...

Sound doctrine is unshakable doctrine , it is founded upon The Rock , The Singularly , Solid , True Source / The Word of God / Christ ; and we need to embrace The Truth intimately , personally , individually , to become one .

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
<-----> Matthew 16:17+18

Doctrine / teaching is only as sure as it's source !

...Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. <---> Revelation 15:3

Hence a true teacher in Christ does not attempt to act as though they are the one we need to look to , but without hypocrisy directs all towards personally seeking The Lord and the hearing / understanding of His Voice .

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.
<-----> John 10:27-30 ( Words of Jesus )

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Behold, I have told you before.
<-----> Matthew 24:23-25 ( Words of Jesus )

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that enters not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter opens; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out.
And when he puts forth his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
<-----> John 10:1-5 ( Words of Jesus )

Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
<-----> Matthew 7:24-27 ( Words of Jesus )

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
<-----> Luke 11:27+28

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. <-----> Romans 8:14

May our concepts and experiences be founded in truth , with understanding and appreciation , to The Glory of God & Christ Jesus .

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

judah israel

Feb 28, 2010
✟15,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As you read scripture the WORD will correct you, only if you are open to hearing from GOD, listening to others interpretations and even your own will not get you there. If there is anything there that you still stand in unbelief on and do not do, that is what is going to keep you from being one with HIM. You can disregaurd it over and over again, but eventually you will find that if you just do what Jesus has said to do, you will be one with HIM (HE HIMSELF will draw you nearer) and HE will bring you to the knowledge of all HIS TRUTH. There is true peace in the persuit of this and trusting HIM to guide you by yeilding to the Spirit HE has given you to aide and help you through it all. If you read and refuse to do in this lifetime what Jesus is leading you to do (for whatever reason), GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF will call you to account at the Great White Throne. So any excuse you have not to listen and do, better be a good one. Because we all will be judged by HIS WORD, so it would behove us to be earnest in the persuit of HIS TRUTH.

The problem I see is that most churches today don't lead the assemblies to self study scripture which is having a personal close relationship with GOD, for it is HIS WORD and HIS WORD is truth. Sound doctrine must be found where HIS WORD exists and HIS WORD does not exist in this carnal world.

Because we are all at differing spiritual maturity with differing spiritual gifts, it is difficult to lead another to your level (or what you think your level is, which might not be any closer to GOD than anothers is), nothing is impossible for GOD which means you must trust in HIM and draw from HIM. It is clear however that for anyone to instruct another soundly, they must already be one with JESUS. Therefore, one must listen to Jesus and do what HE asks you to do. READ YOUR BIBLES AND ASK GOD TO GUIDE YOU IN HIS TRUTH!

GOD's FRUIT will only be GOOD (spiritual), and lead to a GOOD (spiritual) life here and in the age to come. Spiritual fruit is what is required, not carnal fruit. No one apart from Christ Jesus can produce this spiritual fruit, all knowledge of what you do must come from HIM. This world does not understand the spiritual fruit, it doesn't understand doing good even to those who treat you terribly, it is impossible for them to understand this because they are still carnal (selfish, HIS WILL is unimportant to them). We must be spiritual to understand these spiritual truths and when others are still carnal, it is impossible to get them to understand anything spiritually.

SOUND DOCTRIN IS STILL HIS WORD! HOW HE HAS INTENDED IT AND NOT HOW WE WISH TO INTEND IT. WE MUST SEEK HIM!

Most of Christendom don’t understand because they are not being taught, the average Christian don’t read the scriptures for themselves. Instead the rely solely on their Pastor. When the scrittures plainly tell you to, (1Thes.5:21) Prove all things; and to, (2Tim.4:5) make full proof of thy ministry.

(Rev.3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Jesus by way of His holy spirit is knocking on the door of your mind, just open up to Him.

(Is.34:16) Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Peace

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
that anyone knows how to read it in the eyes of the originating church culture .

IMHO though .

You don't need that knowledge, if you seek GOD and HIS knowledge, HE will guide you to all HIS TRUTH, at any timeline of this creation this has been truth.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I should mention one other thing here. The Bible is a storehouse of human inspiration, much like a battery is a storage device for electrical energy. What it does for you depends on what you need it to do for you. A battery can run a fan or it can run a light. What it does for you depends on what you need to plug into it. This is why the same Bible has led men to war and led men to peace.

It has always amazed me how ignorant every generation seems to become to think they have all there is that God and/or the Bible has to offer. But every generation does the same thing. They just think they are it and that is all there is. But it is this same pride that actually blinds them from seeing the light preserved for another generation. And the less they care for the future, the more they are blind, the more they are proud, and the greater and brighter the light there is they then create for another generation to come that in another time is better than them.

It is also, and again, by this same phenomena that we today cannot imagine that any generation subsequent to ours could possibly find a way to get a different and a better doctrine out of the Bible than all that have come to be in the past, or than what is to be had today. It only helps, therefore, that the gospel reserved for Timothy is also not to be found in print today, as well. Yet it is in the Bible, only written not in the letters of the words found there, but heard by the demands of the hearts that shall read them anew in a time yet to come.

I will be honest, I am not fully comprehending what you are saying. This is not to say that someone else is not. GOD will not give you more understanding until you have fully understood what HE has already told you.

Here is the scripture that came to mind as I was reading though:

Isaiah 55:7-11 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

HE has already told us that it is all too big for us to understand, but if we earnestly seek HIM, HE will show us what we need to know to accomplish HIS puropose. And HE will help us to spiritually flourish in HIS WORD (just as the rain helps the earth flourish and brings forth its GOOD in times of need).

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
... Rather than trusting that God's Spirit can lead and teach those who ask for and seek to know and understand The Truth .

If more individuals would sincerely pray and study Scripture for themself , then The Lord would speak to us and minister to us in a more intimate / individual manner , according to our unique need .

Then when gathered together , each member would have something personally from The Lord to share , and what we knew , we would know within ourself ... not from second hand assertions , or unconfirmed sources .

Hence a true teacher in Christ does not attempt to act as though they are the one we need to look to , but without hypocrisy directs all towards personally seeking The Lord and the hearing / understanding of His Voice .

May our concepts and experiences be founded in truth , with understanding and appreciation , to The Glory of God & Christ Jesus .

wm

Amen! Brother ......... :groupray:

Upvote 0