✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Does the concept say the following?
Faith in 2 Corinthians 8:9 + Proof of faith in 2 Corinthians 8:9 by doing the work of paying seed money = Gaining Riches.

Now, as Proof of faith in 2 Corinthians 8:9 by doing the work of paying seed money = Works, it simplifies to the following...

Simplified:
Faith in 2 Corinthians 8:9 + Works = Gaining Riches.

Now, isn't the seed money concept denying the truth of "faith in 2 Cor 8:9 alone" to gain riches?

Is the faith movement thus reduced to "faith + works" movement?

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 8:9 is not about us becoming materially rich, but about God's grace through Jesus Christ, and it being a model for us, that we, in turn, may have compassion on the poor and the needy.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 8:9 is not about us becoming materially rich, but about God's grace through Jesus Christ, and it being a model for us, that we, in turn, may have compassion on the poor and the needy.

The question is not whether God gives us riches to enjoy or to give it to the needy. Rather, the question is whether riches are gained by faith alone or faith + works (giving seed money)?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The question is not whether God gives us riches to enjoy or to give it to the needy. Rather, the question is whether riches are gained by faith alone or faith + works (giving seed money)?

Not quite. God nowhere in Scriptures promise us wealth because of faith nor faith + works, but God freely gives all good things according to His own goodness.

Consider these simple truths:
1. If God awarded people wealth for their faith (or works for that matter), there would be no poor Christians. Unless anyone would go on to presume that all poor and needy Christians have weak faith, which is both false and absurd.

2. The apostles were generally not materially wealthy, but suffered hardship for their faith, leaving us an example.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
qfq
Is the faith movement thus reduced to "faith + works" movement?

What faith movement are you talking about? Yet, another question not answered.

318239_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not quite. God nowhere in Scriptures promise us wealth because of faith nor faith + works, but God freely gives all good things according to His own goodness.

Consider these simple truths:
1. If God awarded people wealth for their faith (or works for that matter), there would be no poor Christians. Unless anyone would go on to presume that all poor and needy Christians have weak faith, which is both false and absurd.

2. The apostles were generally not materially wealthy, but suffered hardship for their faith, leaving us an example.

God nowhere in Scriptures promise us wealth

Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine:

The above is a promise from God?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine:

The above is a promise from God?

Isaiah 45 is a descriptive text, not a prescriptive text. That is, it's (1) a historical narrative and (2) a prophecy that found its fulfilment in the person and works of our Lord Jesus Christ. The point of the text is this: that God is our Saviour. It's not a promise nor formula for gaining wealth. You can read the whole chapter for context and see for yourself, but even the last verse is sufficiently clear in its conclusion: "In the Lord all the offspring of Israel shall be justified and shall glory." That is, we have justification through Christ.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So are you believing in both Christ + self (paying seed money, titled etc) to gain riches?

You did not answer the question, you side stepped and implied a negative response to the question.
Teaching against Word of Faith doctrine is forbidden even by those who claim to be A word of Faith.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You did not answer the question, you side stepped and implied a negative response to the question.
Teaching against Word of Faith doctrine is forbidden even by those who claim to be A word of Faith.

Yeah, and I wonder if the "mods" know of this.. or do they even care? This forum doesn't deserve this deception. Where's Truthfrees when we need him? I believe he is still a moderator on this forum.

ZZ               Word-of-Faith.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, and I wonder if the "mods" know of this.. or do they even care? This forum doesn't deserve this deception. Where's Truthfrees when we need him? I believe he is still a moderator on this forum.

Do Mods monitor their home Fourm or are the put in other groups?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 45 is a descriptive text, not a prescriptive text. That is, it's (1) a historical narrative and (2) a prophecy that found its fulfilment in the person and works of our Lord Jesus Christ. The point of the text is this: that God is our Saviour. It's not a promise nor formula for gaining wealth. You can read the whole chapter for context and see for yourself, but even the last verse is sufficiently clear in its conclusion: "In the Lord all the offspring of Israel shall be justified and shall glory." That is, we have justification through Christ.

Where does 2 Corinthians 1:20 say promises refer only to justification?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

My question was;

So are you believing in both Christ + self (paying seed money, tithes etc) to gain riches?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Where does 2 Corinthians 1:20 say promises refer only to justification?

God undoubtedly promise us many good things, such as justification, adoptionship, the gift of the Holy Spirit, to be with us, to hear our prayers etc, but He nowhere promises all Christians material wealth. He may or may not bestow on us material riches, but there are no promises for it. The context of 2 Corinthians 1 is not about material gain.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
God undoubtedly promise us many good things, such as justification, adoptionship, the gift of the Holy Spirit, to be with us, to hear our prayers etc, but He nowhere promises all Christians material wealth. He may or may not bestow on us material riches, but there are no promises for it. The context of 2 Corinthians 1 is not about material gain.
Where does 2 Corinthians 1:20 exclude material gain? Are you reading into the text?

Promises includes material gain. Why not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Where does 2 Corinthians 1:20 exclude material gain? Are you reading into the text?

Promises includes material gain. Why not?

With sound Biblical exegesis we have to look at the immediate context first, then the broader context.

(1) There is no promise or allusion to any worldly gain in 2 Corinthians 1 if you read the entire chapter. It’s about suffering for Christ’s sake and the comfort we have in Christ, and historically speaking, Paul’s reason for not visiting the church earlier.

(2) Nowhere in Scriptures does God promise anyone worldly gain, but Paul says quite the contrary in 1 Timothy 6, where he explicitly rejects using the name of God as a means for gain and tells Timothy to be content with what he has. He even writes: “Those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.” This agrees with Proverbs 30 where it’s written: “Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me” Again, this concurs with what our Lord Jesus Christ taught us to pray, he said: “Give us today our daily bread”, not our “yearly”, “monthly” or even “weekly”, that is, whatever is sufficient and in accordance with God’s grace.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You did not answer the question, you side stepped and implied a negative response to the question. Teaching against Word of Faith doctrine is forbidden even by those who claim to be A word of Faith.

We can ask him just one question and he probably won't answer... and if he does, his answer will be robotic and have nothing to do with the question asked.

Word of Faith.gif

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
With sound Biblical exegesis we have to look at the immediate context first, then the broader context.

(1) There is no promise or allusion to any worldly gain in 2 Corinthians 1 if you read the entire chapter. It’s about suffering for Christ’s sake and the comfort we have in Christ, and historically speaking, Paul’s reason for not visiting the church earlier.

(2) Nowhere in Scriptures does God promise anyone worldly gain, but Paul says quite the contrary in 1 Timothy 6, where he explicitly rejects using the name of God as a means for gain and tells Timothy to be content with what he has. He even writes: “Those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.” This agrees with Proverbs 30 where it’s written: “Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me” Again, this concurs with what our Lord Jesus Christ taught us to pray, he said: “Give us today our daily bread”, not our “yearly”, “monthly” or even “weekly”, that is, whatever is sufficient and in accordance with God’s grace.

If desiring to be rich leads to temptation why did God bless abraham and Job exceedingly great?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
We can ask him just one question and he probably won't answer... and if he does, his answer will be robotic and have nothing to do with the question asked.

Now, is the seed money concept denying the truth of "faith in 2 Cor 8:9 alone" to gain riches?

If you have an answer you can answer without digressing that makes zero sense.

Upvote 0