Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romney: 47% Of Americans Are Parasites - YouTube

OK.....so I supose this could be merged with brother Lovely Lanes' "Mitt the Twit" thread, if it's still open, but I aint seen it recently, and with all the deep rooted resentment on this board, I suppose it was likely closed for any number of rules violations.

However, I don't want this thread to go the way of partison bickering and ridiculing. This is NOT about Romney's false religion. It's not about my fellow conservatives and their blind allegiance for their ticket or about Obama's failures.

This is about Mitt Romney's inability to understand what he's talking about.

Firstly let me say a few things about myself for those who don't know me. i am one of the 47%. I have worked VERY hard since I was 14 years old and have held a grand total of 14 jobs over the course of 25 years in the work force. I was a blind conservative until I was 33, having never considered voting for anyone other than the R ticket simply b/c I assumed the D ticket was pro abortion and pro gay rights. However, I was ALWAYS part of that 47% paying little to NO federal income tax.

That said, having been MOSTLY self employed as a sub contractor the past 11 yrs, I have paid 15% of my net income in SS tax. Or self employment tax. I pay a standard for my state of 7%+/- for my toiletries, diapers, shampoos, medicines, and all the things we pay for and take for granted.
I want ppl to know.....and it's vital to know, that working poor use MORE toliet paper than the rich. We use MORE medicine than the rich, and we use MORE shampoo and soap than the rich.
Having done a personal tax evaluation of my own, I pay roughly 17% of my gross earnings in taxes. But not one cent in federal income tax and only 4.5% of my net income in state tax.
Now, enough about me.
What this thread is really about is that i am not the only one. There are far more in the 47% who are just like me than there are ppl who are lazy, unaccountable govt dependents. And nearly as many elderly on SSI/SSD as there are working poor in that 47%.

And of US, those working for say 30K, and those elderly, living off $1K/mo, almost 25% of us identify ourselves as Republican, conservative, or independent. 155 million people, and of us, almost 38 million who Mitt Romney had in his corner before that statement.

Now, for those like me, who have worked sometimes day and night, to make their mortgage. To put food on the table for your 2 children or 4 children or for your sick mother or father. For you who worked your entire adult life trying to contribute to the economy, taking God's Word as truth, that "by the sweat of your brow shall you toil this earth, all your days" and now in your final days, unable to continue, you've begun being repaid the hundreds of thousands you paid into SS taxes.............
DO YOU consider yourself, IN the Bucket for Obama?
DO YOU consider yourself entitled?
DO YOU consider yourself a VICTIM?
Do you swear allegiance to Obama b/c he'll make certain your benefits are not cut?

I myself was not voting this election. Not because I don't think Obama can steer us right. Right the ship sotosay. No, but rather because I live in Kentucky. A red state. A state in which the color of a man is a primary detractor in his ability to govern. A state in which a woman could not get voted into the presidency. We moderates are overwhelmed in KY by racists and sexists. And until the Democrats put a white man back on the ticket, he'll not be winning this state.

However, I do own a part of my grandmother's home in Cleveland OH. I may just up for the drive next month to re-establish my residency. I had been thinking about moving to Youngstown anyway. Why not make the drive to start my move back to the rational state I had moved from? Anyone know if that's legal?:sorry:

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The night our Lord gave His life so ours might be spared, He died, but was not alone on His cross.
Beside Him were two humans.
One man mocked Jesus and told Him to save them all, the other pleaded with Him and asked of the Lord to remember Him when He was delivered into His Kingdom.
Jesus assured the humbled one......Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise."

What can we learn from these sinners who died that day of our Lord?

Well, one condemned man thought himself as good or better than the Lord. The other, humbled by his sentence, confessed the Jesus was King, and was granted eternal life by Christ Jesus because he confessed.

Consider these men today. One, a wall street trader, found guilty of insider trading, he might say of his sentence, what have I done to deserve this. And if granted a stay of execution, he would assuredly be back to his crimes except smarter soas not be caught again.
The other, convicted of stealing bread, he might place his dependence on God to provide or give him the humility to ask for bread and accept the bread the government would provide.

Are we the saved thief or the condemned thief? Are we jealous of the saved thief?
Remember these Words our Lord spoke to US.

Whatsoever you do to the least of your brethren, this you have done so to me.

Think about it.:prayer:

Upvote 0
D

dbcsf

OK.....so I supose this could be merged with brother Lovely Lanes' "Mitt the Twit" thread, if it's still open, but I aint seen it recently, and with all the deep rooted resentment on this board, I suppose it was likely closed for any number of rules violations.

However, I don't want this thread to go the way of partison bickering and ridiculing. This is NOT about Romney's false religion. It's not about my fellow conservatives and their blind allegiance for their ticket or about Obama's failures.

Firstly let me say a few things about myself for those who don't know me. i am one of the 47%. I have worked VERY hard since I was 14 years old and have held a grand total of 14 jobs over the course of 25 years in the work force. I was a blind conservative until I was 33, having never considered voting for anyone other than the R ticket simply b/c I assumed the D ticket was pro abortion and pro gay rights. However, I was ALWAYS part of that 47% paying little to NO federal income tax.

That said, having been MOSTLY self employed as a sub contractor the past 11 yrs, I have paid 15% of my net income in SS tax. Or self employment tax. I pay a standard for my state of 7%+/- for my toiletries, diapers, shampoos, medicines, and all the things we pay for and take for granted.
I want ppl to know.....and it's vital to know, that working poor use MORE toliet paper than the rich. We use MORE medicine than the rich, and we use MORE shampoo and soap than the rich.
Having done a personal tax evaluation of my own, I pay roughly 17% of my gross earnings in taxes. But not one cent in federal income tax and only 4.5% of my net income in state tax.
Now, enough about me.
What this thread is really about is that i am not the only one. There are far more in the 47% who are just like me than there are ppl who are lazy, unaccountable govt dependents. And nearly as many elderly on SSI/SSD as there are working poor in that 47%.

And of US, those working for say 30K, and those elderly, living off $1K/mo, almost 25% of us identify ourselves as Republican, conservative, or independent. 155 million people, and of us, almost 38 million who Mitt Romney had in his corner before that statement.

Now, for those like me, who have worked sometimes day and night, to make their mortgage. To put food on the table for your 2 children or 4 children or for your sick mother or father. For you who worked your entire adult life trying to contribute to the economy, taking God's Word as truth, that "by the sweat of your brow shall you toil this earth, all your days" and now in your final days, unable to continue, you've begun being repaid the hundreds of thousands you paid into SS taxes.............
Do you swear allegiance to Obama b/c he'll make certain your benefits are not cut?

I myself was not voting this election. Not because I don't think Obama can steer us right. Right the ship sotosay. No, but rather because I live in Kentucky. A red state. A state in which the color of a man is a primary detractor in his ability to govern. A state in which a woman could not get voted into the presidency. We moderates are overwhelmed in KY by racists and sexists. And until the Democrats put a white man back on the ticket, he'll not be winning this state.

However, I do own a part of my grandmother's home in Cleveland OH. I may just up for the drive next month to re-establish my residency. I had been thinking about moving to Youngstown anyway. Why not make the drive to start my move back to the rational state I had moved from? Anyone know if that's legal?:sorry:

I think 47% is quite a high number. I do not believe it is that high. He is living in a fantasy America, in which the Democrats are taking over the country and ruining our society by buying the votes of half the voters and condemning them to a life of poverty as a result. While there is an element of truth to this, it is greatly exaggerated, from my perspective.

According to Romney, you are not one of the 47%. He is clearly talking about laggards, people who "believe" they deserve public assistance just because they live here. You have a job. You are poor, there is a difference. He is not talking about the working poor, from what I heard. He talked about taxes at the end of the speech, but he was talking primarily about laggards from the beginning.

I have been poor myself. I have lived in neighborhoods where I have met people like this. Strong bodies, sane, intelligent minds, warped view of their role in society. I know people personally who claim to be disabled who are not, for example. I know people personally who are single mom's and completely dependent. I was never one myself. I have never taken a dime from the government. I was raised differently. I have taken many humble jobs to pay my rent. I was raised to never be a burden, on society or my family.

How are we going to fix society? Giving money to poor people creates a "poor mentality". These people "think" differently than I do. They cannot succeed financially with their attitude. They can only vote Democrat and depend on rich people to pay taxes and the government to support them. They have all kinds of reasons, some philosophical, some cultural, etc. None of them realize they live in America, land of opportunity. It is a waste of talent and economic power.

I do not have the answer. I think it is wrong to make someone dependent and then to just cut them off. That would be cruel.

It is true, nonetheless, that a segment of our population will not ever get a job, under any circumstances. They truly are unable. It is a psychological barrier.

It is complicated, it is due to how they are raised, mostly, in my opinion. I have heard it argued by some that it is genetic. That is also untrue. Some maybe, but the vast majority were raised by people who have justify their existence to their kids by believing lies about themselves and their society in order to continue to take money they do not earn. Their kids love them. All kids love their parents, at least to some degree. All kids learn survival skills from their parents. It is a cycle of poverty. We are now breeding poor people.

We all want a system which cares for truly needy people while sorting out the laggards and preventing them from abusing our system. The Republicans want the laggards to grow up and get a job. The Democrats want to teach the laggards to work and somehow undo nearly two decades of parental upbringing emphasizing dependence. Neither party has a good answer for this.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your insights.

I do however believe he gave us his true beliefs in this latest candid moment. He essentially says that anyone not paying federal income tax is in the tank for Obama. And I offered stats to disprove his belief.

I haven't been as fortunate as you, but not b/c I couldnt, but b/c I was too comfortable to want to lose what I had worked so hard to obtain. I humbled myself during the hard times and went to the food stamp office and plead with them to help me and my family of 6. We were awarded FS first under the Bush administration in an amount that was far beyond our needs.
However, I was able to get off them when work picked back up.

Lately, I went through a period of time while I was lead to take a 10/hr job. It paid the bills, but left nothing to keep food on the table. Again, I went to the aid office and was given more f/s than I needed.

I do think CUTS need to be made in social safety net programs. Like you said, many of these programs create dependence. Giving a family of 6 a card with $700/mo for food is excessive, and once you get used to that kind of $$$, it's difficult to get off and still find satisfaction. We are afterall beings of flesh, and our carnal nature seeks satisfaction. It's sinful, but a part of being human.

In the past 20 yrs though, if you look at the statistics, a far greater % of children who were receiving $$$ and f/s while dependents of their govt dependent parent/s are going off to college, utilizing the benefits of their entitlements and getting out of the system.

It is a far greater idea to seek those folks votes, those who benefited from entitlement reform if we are to try to reform entitlement at all.

IMO, we should broaden the eligiblity for entitlements. Give those working poor MORE opportunity to save, while CUTTING the fat from the overall entitlement spending.

I for one could imagine adding 20 million to the f/s line, while dropping the total entitlement of the overall 50 mil+/- receiving f/s from 1000/mo to 700/mo. Cut their benefit by 30% while increasing eligibility by 20%. This will help far more ppl, while overall decreasing their dependence on those entitlements.

But that would also have to include tax reforms or else those being cut would feel even more "victimized".

There's obviously no easy way to go about fixing what is so badly busted up. But having compassion for those least among us MUST be a top priority. It is no wonder during this latest global economic crisis, that those wealthy, those in that room with Mitt, and including Mitt, their incomes have increased by a larger percentage than even the 47%'s incomes have decreased.

Something is indeed WRONG with that model.:sorry:

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I do however believe he gave us his true beliefs in this latest candid moment.

I'm afraid you're right. Just as Obama has showed his true colors a few times show what he really believes about the religious and what he believes about small business owners, Romney just showed us what he thinks of the blue collar worker. To him, they're just fodder.

He is so filthy rich he really cannot fathom how the pathetic middle class lives with themselves.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid you're right. Just as Obama has showed his true colors a few times show what he really believes about the religious and what he believes about small business owners, Romney just showed us what he thinks of the blue collar worker. To him, they're just fodder.

He is so filthy rich he really cannot fathom how the pathetic middle class lives with themselves.
I agree, however if ur talking bout President Obamas remarks about "clinging to our guns and our religion" clearly he was saying for govt to keep their noses out of it.

we have rights to bear arms and we also have right to worship freely, and President Obama was correct in saying we cling to those rights, particularly amongst the working class.:wave:

Upvote 0
D

dbcsf

Thanks for your insights.

I do however believe he gave us his true beliefs in this latest candid moment. He essentially says that anyone not paying federal income tax is in the tank for Obama. And I offered stats to disprove his belief.

There's obviously no easy way to go about fixing what is so badly busted up. But having compassion for those least among us MUST be a top priority. It is no wonder during this latest global economic crisis, that those wealthy, those in that room with Mitt, and including Mitt, their incomes have increased by a larger percentage than even the 47%'s incomes have decreased.

Something is indeed WRONG with that model.:sorry:

I agree, he gave us his true beliefs. He is out of touch with many. He is also plain wrong about this one. Sure, there is a percentage, but not even close to half. Obama is out of touch in his own way also, to be honest. His view of "rich" people is also skewed. It depresses me that both think poorly of certain segments of America. There are a lot of positives.

Also, both seem to be intent on dividing America. I prefer candidates who unite America.

If I had a family of 6 I would be taking food stamps and anything else I could get.

I like the general idea of giving a little less to a lot more and cutting the fat. And, yeah, how to accomplish it is the tough question.

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree, however if ur talking bout President Obamas remarks about "clinging to our guns and our religion" clearly he was saying for govt to keep their noses out of it.

we have rights to bear arms and we also have right to worship freely, and President Obama was correct in saying we cling to those rights, particularly amongst the working class.:wave:

Sounds like a pathetic defense of what is clearly a comment intended to link religion and guns with hatred.
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

- Barack Obama

It should be pretty clear to a common sense person that Obama is implying that religious activism is a way to express disatisfaction with society.

The word "cling" is obviously a reference to desperate and futile effort. It is not far fetched that Obama thinks favorably of seriously limiting relgion expression based on this kind of comment.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
C'mon back to Ohio, AHS, we miss ya!

I hate starting over, and my house up there is co-owned by 7 aunts/uncles. My grandma had 7 children and her husband had 2 prior to their marriage. One of his has passed, and one of my aunts is so well off she declined her inheritance/share of grandmas 7K cash, and 30K home.

The home has 5 bedrooms and 2 baths with a small basement. I could essentially move in with my aunt Marge, her daughter(22 y/o) and her brother, my uncle Don, but it'd be a tight squeeze with all my young'ns and my wife.

I do however own a small lot in a place in Andover called Holiday Camplands. Our camper there is small but efficient and it's close enough to Youngstown that I could commute to work. NE Ohio and the Cleveland area of Lake Erie are as beautiful as any of God's creation. But in Central KY I've bought 23 acres, I likely owe more on my house in town than it's worth, and my parents who live with me are now elderly, 70 and 61. Might be even tougher on them.

I was considering the move towards yongstown because my brother in law just divorced my wife's sister, and he and his son bought a small home in a decent neighborhood for 26K on land contract.
I could sell my acreage here and essentially buy there with little to no payment.
I still have an Ohio DL, and the campground membership bill is sent to grannys house, so I'd likely have NO trouble renewing it and giving my vote a voice.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word "cling" is obviously a reference to desperate and futile effort. It is not far fetched that Obama thinks favorably of seriously limiting relgion expression based on this kind of comment.

[/INDENT]
Those downtrodden folks have very little hope to cling to, and during the campaign, there was rhetoric that Obama was antigun, antifreespeech. And during that trip, he made it known that that was how folks were expressing their dissatisfaction.

And did you look at the news special on exit polling. They polled 27 lifelong democrats who voted for McCain from different Pennsylvania towns.
There folks articulated they had never voted Republican in the past. They were asked several questions while a voice inflection CPU deception detector analysed their answers.
27 of 27....100% of them showed varying levels of deception when Obama's race was the reason for their change. 24/27 showed some deception when asked if his religion played a part in their change. :doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

SQLservant

Dec 20, 2011
✟15,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NE Ohio and the Cleveland area of Lake Erie are as beautiful as any of God's creation.
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that thinks that!

But yeah, that does sound like a very big decision to make. Praying that it all works out as painlessly as possible for you all!

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Now, enough about me.

the world we live in is not perfect. and mitt came from a privileged background.

yes he worked hard, but he is forgetting that all we have, incl our ability and opportunities are from God ( then again, he is a Mormon).

ultimately it is an issue of pride on his part.

but then again, how many people in the church are like that ( born again believers)?

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I paid income tax for 34yrs and then became disabled. I depend on the government now. As usual, hindsight is always 20/20. I didn't prepare for a rainy day or retirement. However, when I heard what Romney said, I thought about it for a moment and then realized that he was telling the truth. There are 47% who are going to vote for Obama no matter what. It's in the polls every day. He wasn't putting anyone down, just stating a fact. And there are 47% who don't pay income tax, myself included. I wasn't insulted at all. I'm proud of my life whether I'm working or on disability because I don't live according to the world. I refuse to let my situation change my values. I still hate abortion and to me, that is number one. I still believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. I still live by the Word of God and therefore, I can never vote for a man who doesn't want to give help to an infant who survives a failed abortion or a man who has mocked the Bible. It's not about me. It is about what is best for my fellow man and for my country. As the media keeps trying to convince us that the economy is improving, I look around and see people still out of work and businesses closed. I see food prices going sky-high because with the printing of money the value of the dollar has gone down significantly. Jesus said we will know them by their fruit. If we pay attention to His words, the choice should be easy this November.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I paid income tax for 34yrs and then became disabled. I depend on the government now. As usual, hindsight is always 20/20. I didn't prepare for a rainy day or retirement. However, when I heard what Romney said, I thought about it for a moment and then realized that he was telling the truth. There are 47% who are going to vote for Obama no matter what. It's in the polls every day. He wasn't putting anyone down, just stating a fact. And there are 47% who don't pay income tax, myself included. I wasn't insulted at all. I'm proud of my life whether I'm working or on disability because I don't live according to the world. I refuse to let my situation change my values. I still hate abortion and to me, that is number one. I still believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. I still live by the Word of God and therefore, I can never vote for a man who doesn't want to give help to an infant who survives a failed abortion or a man who has mocked the Bible. It's not about me. It is about what is best for my fellow man and for my country. As the media keeps trying to convince us that the economy is improving, I look around and see people still out of work and businesses closed. I see food prices going sky-high because with the printing of money the value of the dollar has gone down significantly. Jesus said we will know them by their fruit. If we pay attention to His words, the choice should be easy this November.

God bless you. I was out of work a year on disability, and it takes great courage to stand up as you are doing. Well done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So your in the tank for Obama as Mitt Romney alleges?:confused:

That was Mitt's point. That b/c YOU are recieving the well deserved entitliment that YOU paid for, your a leech on society, well, his society, and therefore in the tank for HIM.:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0
D

dbcsf

The New York Times, you know, that bastion of conservatism, The New York Times, cites statistics that say it's as high as 49%.

It is probably true to say that about 40 something percent of all Americans are going to vote for either candidate, no matter what. There is a small portion of "undecided's" who are going to flip one way or the other and decide the election.

Why do people choose one candidate over another?

It is insulting to imply that 47% of Americans are going to vote for Obama just because he is more likely to continue their government support. It implies bribery and a willingness to be bribed by 47% of the population.

It is likely true that 47% - 49% of Americans get a government check. How many are employees, how many are retired from the government with a retirement account, how many are subcontractors or work for a subcontractor, how many are on Social Security and how many are truly disabled? This subset of the population of people who get a government check are most likely going choose their candidate for multiple reasons - all the normal reasons any normal person would use. They are reasonable people doing what they can to experience the American dream.

What is leftover are the laggards. That cannot be 47%. That would be about 150 million Americans.

There is probably a way of estimating fraud and abuse of the system, that is the number.

Although there is always a percentage of voters who will vote that way, most (as is evidenced by posts) are not laggards and most choose their candidate for a vast array of reasons.

Some have argued that Romney is arguing that people who do not pay taxes are included. My take on the video was that Romney was focused on people who were acting like laggards. That includes some people who do not pay taxes, and he did talk about that. Mostly it was the laggards.

If Romney is talking about all people who do not pay taxes, and not just the laggards, then he is even more out of touch than I previously thought.

If he is only talking about laggards, then he is less out of touch.

It really only makes sense that he is talking about laggards. I have heard this argument from Fox news, and many friends. Generally is comes up at a party, or Sunday School, or dinner with friends. At those times I hear people lamenting about how our country is going to the dogs because nobody wants to work anymore, people only want to get on the dole.

Once on the dole, the argument continues that these people are increasingly going to affect and possibly decide the outcome of an election, to the detriment of our country's past successful economical system - "the Good Old Days".

The argument only makes sense if you are talking about a laggard. Non-laggards have a life, have pride, have self respect, make important decisions affecting their lives all the time based on proactive reasoning as opposed to reactive financial dependence.

As I have already said, I have known and still know many people who think this way. Their thought pattern is easily discernible and obviously flawed. It damages their psyche such that they are limited in their ability to achieve success in any area of their lives, financial or otherwise. It is a curse.

The discussion then invariably shifts to people who work as prison guards, police officers, in the military and the military industrial complex (such as Loral, or McDonnell Douglas, or Caterpillar). These people are then accused of being bribed by the Republican party either directly or indirectly, with taxpayer dollars.

Although a higher percentage of citizens likely vote Republican when involved in these careers, the reasons are also complicated. It is not as simple as having Bush spend government money on a new jet fighter and then acquire via bribery 30,000 votes in the next election.

Conclusion:
1) Voting is personal and complicated for most people. Likely near 50% of voters had already made up their minds for Romney or Obama and were set in their decision a long time ago.

2) Only a true laggard can be expected to vote for such a shallow reason, as presented by Romney.

3) Near 50% of Americans are not laggards, near 50% of Americans will not vote for Obama because they are being essentially bribed by the Democratic party.

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As one who PAID taxes even on an income of less than 35K/year, I should be all about voting for Romney to get those "laggards" off the dole and make them pay their fair share. However, in those days, I got penalized for working. I had kids but couldn't take them off MY taxes due to the wonderful judge who decided that their father could take them as deductions, essentially writing off the child support he only occasionally paid. I couldn't afford to pay attention, but every year I had to work out a payment arrangement with the IRS.

Now...once again I'll get raped in taxes on an income of about 75K/yr. No kids, no house. Why should people with a larger income get to pay less in income tax? That is what irks me. By the time the government gets done with my paycheck, I've "donated" about 20% of my income to them. And that's claiming married and 2 dependents. Why should the fat cats get a bigger tax break than I do? If I'm donating to the gov't I sure am not donating to local businesses where I prefer to shop.

They want to give tax breaks to "the rich" so they'll allegedly reinvest in business. What about people in my income bracket who want to take their hard earned money and also reinvest in businesses. I mean, if I'm purchasing goods and services from local merchants, I am helping to keep the economy going, right? But if I am paying thru the nose in taxes, then I'll be forced to go shop at the big chain stores that are cheaper but don't reinvest in my community. I'm tired of being the one who is paying for their tax breaks...enough is enough.

Upvote 0
D

Dieselman

He wasn't talking about the poor, he was talking about Obama supporters who think that government is the answer to all their problems; that they are entitled to the fruits of another man's labors and that they somehow deserve free food, housing and health care just because they breathe. The poor who do not wish to remain poor will vote for the candidate who will return to a business friendly environment and will help business create jobs. It's a waste of time trying to win over the hard core Obama voters. They can't be reached. It makes more sense to concentrate on the 6% in the middle who will, unfortunately, decide the future of the US.

Upvote 0