What is required for a BAC to be acceptable to God?

Mar 16, 2019
Idaho Falls
✟632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The obedience to the Christian doctrine is faith, for faith is obedience to the Gospel and so to Christ. And this faith's obedience of faith is God's gift, for which thanks must be given to God alone.

Faith is belief in the atonement and the free gift.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The most important thing for a BAC to do is to co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit while he is being sanctified unto holiness. Endure in the faith while enduring to believe, enduring to trust, and enduring to be obedient.

● Being a slave of righteousness leads to holiness
“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death, or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness
… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (Romans 6:16,19)

● Practicing righteousness leads to being
righteous in God's eyes

“Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins (habitually) is of the devil … In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God, NOR is he who does NOT love his brothers and sisters.” (1 John 3:7-10)
“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

● The way to righteousness is by living a holy life
“For it would have been better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life.” (2 Peter 2:21)

● The unrighteous will NOT inherit
the kingdom of God

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves,
nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Parallel verses are: Galatians 5:19-24, Ephesians 5:3-6.

“The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth (by living) in unrighteousness.” (Romans 1:18)

“… to him who orders his conduct aright
(by practicing righteousness) I will show
the salvation of God.” (Psalm 50:23)

● The opposite of practicing righteousness
is practicing lawlessness (sin)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then
I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;
depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
(Matthew 7:21-23)

● In the beginning of Matthew, Jesus takes it easy
… so as to NOT discourage people (especially
new believers). He only says they are blessed …
not making it clear what the blessing is!

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled …
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:5,10)

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be
added to you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Things such as food, drink, clothes, etc.

I should probably weigh in as I see a repeated message from the OP. The bible is clear that we are saved by grace so that we might not be prideful and boast: Ephesians 2:8-9

It isn't until the final judgement that our works come in: Revelation 20:12-13

So there is salvation and then judgment, two separate ideas.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The most important thing for a BAC to do is to co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit while he is being sanctified unto holiness. Endure in the faith while enduring to believe, enduring to trust, and enduring to be obedient.

● Being a slave of righteousness leads to holiness
“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death, or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness
… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.” (Romans 6:16,19)

● Practicing righteousness leads to being
righteous in God's eyes

“Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins (habitually) is of the devil … In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God, NOR is he who does NOT love his brothers and sisters.” (1 John 3:7-10)
“… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:35)

● The way to righteousness is by living a holy life
“For it would have been better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life.” (2 Peter 2:21)

● The unrighteous will NOT inherit
the kingdom of God

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves,
nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Parallel verses are: Galatians 5:19-24, Ephesians 5:3-6.

“The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth (by living) in unrighteousness.” (Romans 1:18)

“… to him who orders his conduct aright
(by practicing righteousness) I will show
the salvation of God.” (Psalm 50:23)

● The opposite of practicing righteousness
is practicing lawlessness (sin)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then
I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;
depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
(Matthew 7:21-23)

● In the beginning of Matthew, Jesus takes it easy
… so as to NOT discourage people (especially
new believers). He only says they are blessed …
not making it clear what the blessing is!

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled …
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:5,10)

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be
added to you.” (Matthew 6:33)

Things such as food, drink, clothes, etc.
Isn't the language "Born Again Believer" (BAC) implicit of acceptance of God? How does one become a BAC without divine authority present?

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Faith is belief in the atonement and the free gift.

Being set free from sin, we've become servants to righteousness. By God's grace we're set free from sin’s tyranny and made righteousness' servants.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2019
Idaho Falls
✟632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being set free from sin, we've become servants to righteousness. By God's grace we're set free from sin’s tyranny and made righteousness' servants.

That doctrine is called sanctification and is the work of the Spirit. It is not how we “earn” salvation. It is a work of grace that makes us holy and not of ourselves. There is no reason to boast because both justification and sanctification is the work of God.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Are you saying that they are without sin? I think that might be the point people are trying to make to the OP. It's better to come to God as a sinner than a saint as Jesus put it: Luke 18:9-14

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In conversion we renounce sin's bondage and we submit to the doctrine to which we've been delivered, to the truth which the preaching in Church should exhibit.
It's much more than BACs renouncing sin's bondage!

BACs have actually been set free from sin's bondage!
BACs have actually been ...
set free from being slaves of sin!

However, BACs have the free will ...
to CHOOSE to continue being slaves of sin!

This what Romans 6, and many other NT passages
are warning about.

IF you are a habitual (unrepentant) sinner,
you are on your way to hell ... GUARANTEED!

If this is you ... REPENT of your sins now,
and get with God's True Plan of Salvation,
which is NOT hyper-grace, grace-only, etc.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2019
Idaho Falls
✟632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

are warning about.

You sound pretty judgmental assuming to know who is on their way to hell. I think I’ll leave it up to Christ to judge in his mercy.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

are warning about.

You have a point but I think we have to be careful not to judge though, since judging is sin. Matthew 7:1-2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You sound pretty judgmental assuming to know who is on their way to hell. I think I’ll leave it up to Christ to judge in his mercy.
Actually, I'm simply teaching what the NT says!
I hold no doctrine of my own ... just NT doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks JLB! Born again Christian! mmmm. Now let me see. If we want to talk about a BAC, one should go to the Scripture FIRST, that talks about this, so we can understand about this special person, this BAC.

How is a person born again, born from above, born a second time in this life on earth? Let me look at Jesus & the Apostle John's teaching on that. Maybe the Apostle Peter too. Better also consult the Apostle James & the Apostle Paul. They all taught what Christ taught--& concerning this teaching of being born of God rather than just a woman.

He is the Way the Truth the Life. He speaks the truth concerning what is the revelation of God. The apostles taught the doctrine of Christ.

John 3:3 Jesus answered & said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus was not understanding this teaching. He obviously wanted to SEE the kingdom of God come. He was eagerly expecting it's soon coming!

Nicodemus saith unto him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb & be born?"

How is it possible for a man who was physically born into this world, to be born a second time, after he has grown up? Are you saying that a man has to go back into his mother's womb & then come out again & be born a second time?

Once can almost see him, one of the master teachers in Israel, a member of the Sanhedrin, scratching his head & pulling on his beard & thinking, 'What kind of teaching is this? I know this Rabbi is come from God & His teaching from God. He begins to marvel & wonder, 'What does he mean?' And he emphasizes the necessity of this by saying to me: TRULY, TRULY. TWICE!

Many people when they heard Jesus' teaching, did the same thing! They were amazed, they wondered, they are astonished. Where did this man get such teaching, such learning? He continually astonished His disciples!

Jesus actually answers his questions but not in the way he expected.

John 3:5-8 Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN OF WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT, he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh & that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth & thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh & whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Nicodemus answered & said unto him, "How can these things be? "

Now Nicodemus is dumbfounded & bewildered. As a Jewish master teacher of the Torah, he believed & taught that the Jews were the promised & cherished people of God in all the world & that the kingdom of God was their kingdom. The Messiah was going to restore it back to Israel & He would reign over them forever. They strictly observed the Law & obeyed His commandments. He was a physical descendant of Abraham!

On the basis of all THESE THINGS--he believed he would ENTER the kingdom of God.

The Apostle Paul brings this into sharp focus:

Romans 10:1-13 Brethren, my heart's desire & prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant OF GOD'S righteousness, & going about to establish their own righteousness, have not SUBMITTED THEMSELVES unto the righteousness OF GOD. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, that the man which doeth THOSE THINGS shall live by them. But the righteousness which is OF FAITH speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down FROM ABOVE) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth & in thy heart: that is, THE WORD OF FAITH, which WE PREACH; that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus & shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness & with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew & the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord SHALL BE SAVED.

Now this Rabbi come from God says here are THE THINGS that are needed in order to ENTER the kingdom of God. Has all I have taught & all that I am teaching been wrong? This man is turning my life upside down!

Jesus' topic in this first part of the chapter is about birth, being born. Nicodemus understood that much. The topic was about being born. And now this Teacher come from God has given me a Hebrew parallelism! He definitely got my attention. He truly is talking to me, as a Jew now & I better pay closer attention. You can almost see him, with the dark of night about them, edging & leaning closer to Jesus.

He is equating being born of water with being born of the flesh. I get that. Born of the flesh begets flesh. But this second thing, being born of the Spirit...

Could this be what he means by being born a second time, from above by God Himself? But how can this be? How can this happen?

And what does He mean that those born of the Spirit are like the wind--you can see what it does, you can hear the sound of it--but you can't see the actual wind. How can you grasp the wind, how can you grasp the Ruach of God?

Reminds me of the Tehillim, in Psalm 78 where Asaph is speaking in parables & saying that God remembers we are but flesh; a wind that passes away & is gone. Is this Teacher from Nazareth speaking in parables again?

Or is he possibly referring to the experiences of the prophets, like Elijah & Ezekiel, who were carried away in the Spirit & deposited in a different place or taken up by the Spirit into heavenly visions?

About this time Jesus interrupts his thoughts and says, "
(to be continued)

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No you’re being self righteous.

I'm not sure he's actually aware that he's judging. Or at least that's the problem as I see it. We have a lot of self proclaimed habitual sinners that ask for prayers and help on this site, and I really hope they don't read this thread.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure he's actually aware that he's judging. Or at least that's the problem as I see it. We have a lot of self proclaimed habitual sinners that ask for prayers and help on this site, and I really hope they don't read this thread.
I am simply quoting the warnings in the NT epistles!

Those BACs who insist on being habitual sinners
also insist on rejecting these NT warnings!

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am simply quoting the warnings in the NT epistles!

Those BACs who insist on being habitual sinners
also insist on rejecting these NT warnings!

I understand your point, you want everyone to go to heaven, and that is a righteous desire. So good for you. We also have habitual sinners that come here, and they just haven't been saved by Jesus yet. Jesus will decide if they go to hell or not. Them feeling like their being condemned is not going to help save them.

Add: I should probably point out that quite often they already feel condemned. Which is why they come here for help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 16, 2019
Idaho Falls
✟632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A lot of immature Christians have a problem understanding the law and gospel in scripture. It’s unfortunate that this thread is public where it can do damage to others who are struggling with sin. I pray that the OP repents and finds the truth of the grace of God. This scripture really comes to mind at the moment:

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That would be everyone.....we are all by nature sinful and unclean and we all sin daily.

Yes that is true. Especially the righteous are prone to being judgmental as I consider myself more righteous then some of the people I help. And I find myself being reminded to repent by the Holy Spirit quite often.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2019
Idaho Falls
✟632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Churches Confession:

O almighty God, merciful Father, I, a poor, miserable sinner, confess unto Thee all my sins and iniquities with which I have ever offended Thee, and justly deserved Thy temporal and eternal punishment. But I am heartily sorry for them, and sincerely repent of them, and I pray Thee, of Thy boundless mercy and for the sake of the holy, innocent, bitter sufferings and death of Thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful to me, a poor, sinful being. Amen.

Upvote 0