✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Isa 56:6
As for the sons of the foreigner The proselyte who has joined himself to Yahweh to minister to Him, And to love the Name of Yahweh, to become His servants, Everyone keeping the sabbath, from profaning it, And holding fast to My covenant,

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Best of Love with your new forum brother.

Thank you Brother; but this isn't my forum. It's a forum for all 7th Sabbath keepers. I have the Messianic forum. The SDAs have the SDA forum; but there are many of us who have had no home here on CF, until now.

I am so happy for them.

Esteem to our heavenly father!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you Brother; but this isn't my forum. It's a forum for all 7th Sabbath keepers. I have the Messianic forum. The SDAs have the SDA forum; but there are many of us who have had no home here on CF, until now.

I am so happy for them.

Esteem to our heavenly father!
I just remembered it to be your recommendation, so I was commending your efforts, and I
rejoice with them also.

• Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As for the sons of the foreigner The proselyte who has joined himself to Yahweh to minister to Him, And to love the Name of Yahweh, to become His servants, Everyone keeping the sabbath, from profaning it, And holding fast to My covenant,

I believe that profaning includes not doing what we are supposed to be doing ... and also doing what we are not supposed to be doing. :)

Isaiah 58:13 -- no secular activity
Lev 23:3 - a day of holy convocation
Ex 20:8-11 - a day of rest and reflecting on creation week.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe that profaning includes not doing what we are supposed to be doing ... and also doing what we are not supposed to be doing. :)

Isaiah 58:13 -- no secular activity
Lev 23:3 - a day of holy convocation
Ex 20:8-11 - a day of rest and reflecting on creation week.
I have found through the years that secular activity has become quite subjective.

What defines secular activity?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Sabbath is His day, your thoughts, actions and discussions should be about Him on this day.
In reference to Discussions my friend. I have had the privilege to be part of many potlucks, and gatherings on the Sabbath through the years.

Through that time it seems that acceptable conversations have also become a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In reference to Discussions my friend. I have had the privilege to be part of many potlucks, and gatherings on the Sabbath through the years.

Through that time it seems that acceptable conversations have also become a matter of opinion also.
I am ready to get back in the church and fellowship with likeminded people who love God and what to keep His commandments. I am so grateful to Amazingfacts.com. 3ABN for such great sermons and they are such a blessing, but can't wait until the churches are open again and no more talk of COVID. I do feel we are entering into a new phase of Bible prophesy so I think things will continue to change as predicted.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
pro·fane
/prəˈfān/
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating or devoted to that which is not sacred or biblical; secular rather than religious.
    "a talk that tackled topics both sacred and profane"

Similar: secular lay nonreligious nonchurch temporal worldly earthly
    unsanctified unconsecrated unhallowed laic
    Opposite: religious sacred
  2. 2. (of a person or their behavior) not respectful of orthodox religious practice; irreverent.
  3. "desecration of the temple by profane adolescents"

Similar: irreverent ungodly godless impious disrespectful irreligious unbelieving
    disbelieving sacrilegious idolatrous
    • verb
  1. treat (something sacred) with irreverence or disrespect.
    "it was a serious matter to profane a tomb"

Similar: desecrate violate defile treat with disrespect debase degrade

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

1. treat (something sacred) with irreverence or disrespect.
    "it was a serious matter to profane a tomb"

Similar: desecrate violate defile treat with disrespect debase degrade

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

bebeloo = from bebelos; to desecrate:--profane.
bebelos = from the base of basis (foot) and belos (a threshold); accessible (as by crossing the door-way), i.e. (by implication, of Jewish notions) heathenish, wicked:--profane (person).

Psalms 89:30-35 If his children should forsake My law and walk not in My judgments; 31 if they should profane My ordinances and not keep My Commandments; 32 I will visit their transgressions with a rod, and their sins with scourges. 33 But My mercy I will not utterly remove from him, nor wrong My truth. 34 Neither will I by any means profane My Covenant; and I will not make void the things that proceed out of My lips. 35 Once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie to David.

That verse section is a parallelism. Here, profane means to break God's Commandments or the Ordinances given when they entered the Promised land.

Changing the Sabbath to sunday... isn't that profaning the Sabbath?

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

bebeloo = from bebelos; to desecrate:--profane.
bebelos = from the base of basis (foot) and belos (a threshold); accessible (as by crossing the door-way), i.e. (by implication, of Jewish notions) heathenish, wicked:--profane (person).

Psalms 89:30-35 If his children should forsake My law and walk not in My judgments; 31 if they should profane My ordinances and not keep My Commandments; 32 I will visit their transgressions with a rod, and their sins with scourges. 33 But My mercy I will not utterly remove from him, nor wrong My truth. 34 Neither will I by any means profane My Covenant; and I will not make void the things that proceed out of My lips. 35 Once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie to David.

That verse section is a parallelism. Here, profane means to break God's Commandments or the Ordinances given when they entered the Promised land.

Changing the Sabbath to sunday... isn't that profaning the Sabbath?
Scripture tells us we should not change one Word Proverbs 30:5-6 and this especially applies to one of God’s personally written commandments. The change is predicted in scriptures Daniel 7:25 (not be God) and Jesus tells us we should always obey God’s commandments over man’s traditions, Matthew 15:3-9 so I agree with you. While there may be many well-intended people who worship on the first day who may not know the Truth, those who changed God’s law will need to answer to Him someday soon as they deceived many in breaking one of God’s commandments.

Upvote 0

Michael S. Blanchard

Old and New Testament Bible Reader
Jan 12, 2022
Trinity County California 96052
✟10,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture tells us we should not change one Word Proverbs 30:5-6 and this especially applies to one of God’s personally written commandments. The change is predicted in scriptures Daniel 7:25 (not be God) and Jesus tells us we should always obey God’s commandments over man’s traditions, Matthew 15:3-9 so I agree with you. While there may be many well-intended people who worship on the first day who may not know the Truth, those who changed God’s law will need to answer to Him someday soon as they deceived many in breaking one of God’s commandments.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When, and why did the Sabbath change to Sunday? Who Changed it?
Hi welcome to the 7th day safe house! I posted your question here too Who changed the Sabbath

Here is a very-detailed site about the Sabbath, Sabbath quotes, the history of the Sabbath, pretty much anything you would want to know.

SabbathTruth.com

There is no records of God changing His Sabbath and we see in Isaiah 66:22-23 that the Sabbath is still God’s chosen day of worship for eternity. The Sabbath was changed by Constantine in the 3rd Century and is started off as a pagan tradition of sun worship that turned into Sunday worship. It was predicted in scripture that the Sabbath would be changed by not by God or on God’s authority. Daniel 7:25
How The Sabbath Was Changed | Sabbath Truth

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Enilorac
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael S. Blanchard

Old and New Testament Bible Reader
Jan 12, 2022
Trinity County California 96052
✟10,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The apostles observed the Sabbath even after Jesus was crucified. What happened?
I was just trying to ask that guy John if his adherence applied to the Sabbath. Then I found out that "we" were not supposed to discuss this subject......ARE YOIU KIDDING ME!!!

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was just trying to ask that guy John if his adherence applied to the Sabbath. Then I found out that "we" were not supposed to discuss this subject......ARE YOIU KIDDING ME!!!
Hi,

This is the only forum we can debate the Sabbath Sabbath and The Law

I don’t agree with this fairly new rule CF made in regards to the Sabbath being censored not allowed to be discussed in most forums, but we can talk about the Ten Commandments in most of the forums. You just want to look at the statements of beliefs that is posted on each forum section at the top to make sure you are compliant with the rules.

I am not sure who John is, if there is a post you are trying to respond to you can PM and I can try to help how to respond.

Upvote 0