undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, every government which has attempted to rule the world has, ultimately, collapsed. America will be no different.

I'm not sure we are attempting to rule the world.

We may be attempting to strangle it though.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Sure. Trying to audit more tax returns is laudable. I'm not really that concerned about those that cheat because we know the only hope people can have is only through Christ, and merely catching them cheating won't help them much. I mean I'm more concerned to tell them the Good News, that they might be helped in a more profound way that matters -- by a true change of heart.

All that doesn't change the fact that government has no effective means to calculate the actual cost of these deductions. And since government is bound to the physical realm, accountability is important for government.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure we are attempting to rule the world.

We may be attempting to strangle it though.
An objective look at America's behavior since its inception indicates the ultimate goal is for America to control the planet. We even call our president the 'Leader of the Free World'. The term 'Free World' is a euphemism for 'all those nations on the planet under our influence.

Yeah, we do think the entire world would be better if it were under our control.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm...

I guess it depends on how you look at it? Seems like 9% is going into Safety Net Programs that deal with poverty, unemployment. Good lord... um we might need to dial some of these back a little...?

View attachment 246097
Details below

Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go?

Lots of misinformation in this article. SS and Medicare are not funded by Federal taxes. When state tax funded welfare programs are included I'll bet the total figure is much more than 25 percent. There are several important 'welfare' programs absent as well...low income student loans that are and will be in default to name one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Typically, those that are ambitious enough to travel to America want to work.

I met more than just a couple. And worked with some here and there, including for months on one job, and interacted with them face to face. I more than once was working with them shoulder to shoulder, and I know they pulled their weight, did their share. (btw, it's important today in 2018 for believers to know what's in 1 Cor 6:10, that we have to avoid the fashion in American and not revile people, even if other people are doing it).

I had a cousin who went to Greenland to work on the military base at Thule. He was just there for the money. When his contract was over he came home and bought a taxicab company. Many immigrants are using us as a TYME machine. Not only taking jobs but sending the money out of the country.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I had a cousin who went to Greenland to work on the military base at Thule. He was just there for the money. When his contract was over he came home and bought a taxicab company. Many immigrants are using us as a TYME machine. Not only taking jobs but sending the money out of the country.

And that is just so much more wrong than the corporations who send their money out of the country, huh?

And, very likely, the corporate money flowing out of the nation is probably far more than the money 'immigrants' send out. But it is okay to criticize the immigrants and not okay to criticize the corporations.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lots of misinformation in this article. SS and Medicare are not funded by Federal taxes. When state tax funded welfare programs are included I'll bet the total figure is much more than 25 percent. There are several important 'welfare' programs absent as well...low income student loans that are and will be in default to name one.

Interesting, this is the first time I've taken a real glance so I will check out what you are saying.

Do you (or anyone else) have a alternative pie chart distribution source for the government budget? I more or less grabbed the first one that looked reasonably professional.

I'd be curious to see one from another nation too just for comparison, DogmaHunter if you have one for yours.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And that is just so much more wrong than the corporations who send their money out of the country, huh?

And, very likely, the corporate money flowing out of the nation is probably far more than the money 'immigrants' send out. But it is okay to criticize the immigrants and not okay to criticize the corporations.

This is true as well.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
An objective look at America's behavior since its inception indicates the ultimate goal is for America to control the planet. We even call our president the 'Leader of the Free World'. The term 'Free World' is a euphemism for 'all those nations on the planet under our influence.

Yeah, we do think the entire world would be better if it were under our control.
Let's face it, if America wanted to rule the world, we could have done that a long time ago. Our military is lightyears ahead of everyone else's; the only reason we don't rule the world is because we don't want to.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Let's face it, if America wanted to rule the world, we could have done that a long time ago. Our military is lightyears ahead of everyone else's; the only reason we don't rule the world is because we don't want to.

Unless you know something about our weapon systems that is not in the public record, you are completely wrong. We have similar weapons to other nations. They may be a notch or two better than many nations but they are certainly not 'light years' ahead of everyone else.

There are many logistical obstacles in the way of ruling the world...like how 310 million people are going to defeat 7 billion people without using nuclear weapons. Why is that important? Because if we nuke everyone, the capitalists won't have people to do commerce with.

Why rule the world if that world is a toxic waste land and none of the people left have any money for the capitalists to fleece? The capitalists need a functioning planet for America to rule over.

That is a whole lot more difficult to accomplish.

It is why we have been fighting in Afghanistan for seventeen years. We need the majority of the people alive when they finally understand that we are their new masters. After all, who is going to mine all that lithium in Afghanistan that we need for car batteries and all our toys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The 'poor' in America are rich by many third world standards, from where many have come.
upload_2018-11-30_15-21-17.png

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And how are we not like ancient Rome? We have the obscenely wealthy running the nation, we have 'citizens' with modest rights which can be revoked at any time, and we have the non-citizens who have nearly no rights whatsoever. We have massive entertainment centers in which the wealthy use disposable human beings to play games for our entertainment. We use our military to occupy foreign nations and use puppets to provide government to those nations. We even use religion to help keep the masses under control.

Other than having better technology, how are we different from ancient Rome?

Nail on the head

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
We've met all the material needs of the poor in America through government programs and private efforts. What more are we obligated to provide?
I guess the more important question is "What are you/we inclined to about it?".

Anyway, in identifying problems and solutions it would be helpful to look at each case of poverty individually.

• Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess the more important question is "What are you/we inclined to about it?".

Anyway, in identifying problems and solutions it would be helpful to look at each case of poverty individually.

We do that now in that individuals are screened for qualification, and limits are placed on many welfare benefits. What we haven't done is take advantage of this huge "out-of-work" force. There are many public works projects that are 'shovel-ready' but lack the needed funding. That said so-called "workfare" is a growing idea in America with many states requiring it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Haydee

Sep 29, 2018
QLD
✟14,801.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We've met all the material needs of the poor in America through government programs and private efforts. What more are we obligated to provide?
I think it's good to try and go the extra mile. Like helping out through volunteer work. It's better to give than to receive.
2 Corinthians 9:7 ESV
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums