Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our mission is to lead every person to salvation through the blood and forgiveness of Christ. We don't know which ones we will succeed with and which ones we won't so we need to understand that everybody has a chance regardless how far down they are......If Saul can do it anybody can..

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are people with a mission. What is our mission?
Matthew 28: The Gospel - the basis of the Great Commission - is I believe the rule of the believer's life (rather than the law, as some would claim).

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be still, and know that I am God: ...

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

That is our mission...from the beginning.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'A weary world is waiting for words of hope and love,the story of salvation,our mission from above. Endue with words of wisdom and touch our lips with fire. May we,oh Holy Spirit,with love their hearts inspire. Til the world shall hear,bound in sin and fear,our mission never ending,til the world shall hear' (Margot Zilch)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

When the first part of this declaration becomes the truth of our reality, the second part happens without any thought or effort.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'We go at His commission,we move at His command. To men of every station,to men of every land. To hands which grope in darkness,for light that we can give. To men in sin now dying,we go that they may live. 'Til the world shall hear. Bound in sin and fear. Our mission never ending'til the world shall hear' (Margot Zilch)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

When the first part of this declaration becomes the truth of our reality, the second part happens without any thought or effort.

I have read that I am supposed to make my mind, heart and body... a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell in............ I have a long way to go to really do that.... but I do feel more of the presence of G-d over these past few years.......

Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

John 7:38

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read that I am supposed to make my mind, heart and body... a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell in............ I have a long way to go to really do that.... but I do feel more of the presence of G-d over these past few years.......

Romans 12:1

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

John 7:38

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
God has already made us this...we have to wake up to it...the revealing is taking place within our very being. Though part of the process taking place has us for a time struggling and striving to "be" by measuring and dividing...perceiving lack. When there is but ONE (Spirit) God that fills all in all.

Paul believed God knew him from the womb, "But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me..."

When we see/perceive Christ as something separate/outside of our very being...we need to ask HIM to make us blind to see...Jesus said He came "that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind." ...look within...
Which has everything to do with where we are seeing from...the kingdom is within you and does not come by observation (with the five senses) as an over here or over there. The duality within is promised to end when we can SEE..."Where art thou?"...

To enter into His rest is to cease from labouring to "be"...Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? To take thought is the same as eating of the tree of knowledge...

Be still and know...

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God has already made us this...we have to wake up to it...the revealing is taking place within our very being. Though part of the process taking place has us for a time struggling and striving to "be" by measuring and dividing...perceiving lack. When there is but ONE (Spirit) God that fills all in all.

Paul believed God knew him from the womb, "But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me..."

When we see/perceive Christ as something separate/outside of our very being...we need to ask HIM to make us blind to see...Jesus said He came "that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind." ...look within...
Which has everything to do with where we are seeing from...the kingdom is within you and does not come by observation (with the five senses) as an over here or over there. The duality within is promised to end when we can SEE..."Where art thou?"...

To enter into His rest is to cease from labouring to "be"...Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? To take thought is the same as eating of the tree of knowledge...

Be still and know...

Very interesting.... I listened to 16 CD's by Andrew Wommack recently...... this was a major theme that he often repeated........ Wow!

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting.... I listened to 16 CD's by Andrew Wommack recently...... this was a major theme that he often repeated........ Wow!
Isaiah 6...is beautiful to 'see'...remembering that WE are the temple of God...not made with human hands...being clothed in HIS glory....and HIS glory fills the whole earth...all to do with becoming single of eye...perception...

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can just hear the howls of 'oversimplification' QB :) Still, but to roll it up, pressed down shaken together and present to the glory of His Spirit, so that our fruit "would remain".

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I can just hear the howls of 'oversimplification' QB :) Still, but to roll it up, pressed down shaken together and present to the glory of His Spirit, so that our fruit "would remain".

Christian near death experiencer Bob Jones was shown
that Miss Corrie Ten Boom had one of the highest thrones......
closest to that of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.......
that got me interested in reading her book.....

Here is a quotation from it.....

The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom, page 54:

"Only once did the changes taking place in Germany reach inside the little shop on the Barteljorisstraat,
and that was in the person of a young German watchmaker. Germans frequently came to work under
Father for a while, for his reputation reached even beyond Holland. So when this tall good - looking
young man appeared with apprentice papers from a good firm in Berlin, Father hired him without
hesitation. Otto told us proudly that he belonged to Hitler Youth. Indeed it was a puzzle to us
why he had come to Holland, for he found nothing but fault with Dutch people and products.
"The world will see what Germans can do," he said often.

His first morning at work he came upstairs for coffee and Bible reading with the other employees;
after that he sat alone down in the shop. When we asked him why, he said that though he
had not understood the Dutch words, he had seen that Father was reading from the Old
Testament which, he informed us, was the Jews' "Book of Lies."

I was shocked, but Father was only sorrowful. "He has been taught wrong,"
he told me. "By watching us, seeing that we love this Book and are
truthful people, he will realize his error."

It was several weeks later that Betsie opened the door from the
hallway and beckoned to Father and me. Upstairs on Tante Jans's
tall mahogany chair sat the lady who ran the rooming house where
Otto lived. Changing the bed sheets that morning, she said, she had
found something under his pillow. And she drew from her market
satchel a knife with a curving ten inch blade.

Again, Father put the best interpretation on it. "The boy is probably
only frightened, alone in a strange country. He probably bought it
to protect himself."

It was true enough that Otto was alone. He spoke no Dutch, nor
made any effort to learn, and besides Father, Betsie and me, few
people in this hard working- class part of the city spoke German.
We repeated our invitation to join us upstairs in the evenings, but whether
he did not care for our choice of radio programs, or because the evening
ended as the mornings began, with prayer and Bible reading, he seldom did.

In the end, Father did fire Otto ----- the first employee he had ever discharged
in more than sixty years in business. And it was not the knife or the
anti-Semitism that finally brought it about, but Otto's treatment of the old
clock mender, Christoffels.

From the very first I had been baffled by his brusqueness with the old man. It
wasn't anything he did --- not in our presence anyway ---- but what he didn't
do. No standing back to led the older man go first, no helping him on with a coat,
no picking up a dropped tool. It was hard to pin down. One Sunday when
Father, Betsie, and I were having dinner at Hilversum I commented on what
I had concluded was simple thoughtlessness.

Willem shook his head. "It's very deliberate," he said. "It's because Christoffels is old.
The old have no value to the State. They're also harder to train in the new ways of
thinking. Germany is systematically teaching disrespect for old age."

We stared at him, trying to grasp such a concept. "Surely you are mistaken, Willem!"
Father said. "Otto is extremely courteous to me ---- unusually so. And I'm a good deal
older than Christoffels."

"You're different. You're the boss. That's another part of the system: respect for authority.
It is the old and the weak who are to be eliminated."

We rode the train home in stunned silence --- and we started watching Otto more closely.
But how could we know, how in the Holland of 1939 could we have guessed, that it was not
in the shop where we could observe him but in the streets and alleys outside that Otto
was subjecting Christoffels to a very real, small persecution. "Accidental" collisions and
trippings, a shove, a heel ground into a toe, were making the old clockman's journeys to
and from work times of terror.

The erect and shabby little man was too proud to report any of this to us. It was not until
the icy February morning that Christoffels stumbled into the dining room with a bleeding
cheek and a torn coat that the truth came out. Even then, Christoffels said nothing. But
running down to the street to pick up his hat, I encountered Otto surrounded by an indignant
little cluster of people who had seen what happened. Rounding the corner into the alley,
the young man had deliberately forced the older one into the side of the building and ground
his face against the rough bricks.

Father tried to reason with Otto as he let him go, to show him why such behavior was wrong.
Otto did not answer. In silence he collected the few tools he had brought with him and in silence
he left the shop. It was only at the door that he turned to look at us, a look of the most utter
contempt I had ever seen." (Corrie Ten Boom, The Hiding Place, pages 54-56)

While she was alive she would not have tended to think that she had been one of Messiah Yeshua- Jesus's greatest servants.... who really did and said what he wanted done and taught!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Christian near death experiencer Bob Jones was shown
that Miss Corrie Ten Boom had one of the highest thrones......
closest to that of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.......
that got me interested in reading her book.....

Here is a quotation from it.....

While she was alive she would not have tended to think that she had been one of Messiah Yeshua- Jesus's greatest servants.... who really did and said what he wanted done and taught!
While interesting and no doubt while quite a gathering, I'm sure you are in agreement under the twelve, (Revelation 21:14)?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'He sent His Word and healed them,the Word of strength and truth. From sin and sickness freed them,the aged and the youth. Oh source of all our comfort,Oh calm for every strife. Can we whose load is lightened,withhold this Word of Life? Til the world shall hear,bound in sin and fear,our mission never ending,til the world shall hear' (Margot Zilch)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the-cross-of-christ-7-728.jpg

This says it all...

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'From age to age unbending,God's word has stood secure,a treasure never ending,forever shall endure. O words of truth and power,may we Thy message hear,til men in sin this hour shall in Thy blessing share. Til the world shall hear,bound in sin and fear,our mission never ending,til the world shall hear' (Margot Zilch)

Upvote 0