What is "Once Saved Always Saved," anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
Hello Outspoke -

Yes, do you think Christ is not God?

No, I do not.

why do I need to when I showed you EXPLICTLY a passage that proves I was telling you the truth?

Because you ignored every other passge which elaborates on this theme, to the detriment of your soteriology.

You also ignored my proof texts. Since Scripture cannot be broken, you must reconcile your (single) proof text with mine.

Okay, just for you though, Matt 10 is refering to a true confession, not always a vocal one. It is something that God views the heart on, that is what scripture says.

What on Earth are you trying to say, and how is it relevant to the current discussion?

As for the 2 tim passage, my quote is in reference to another passage, one that this doesn't address at all.

I don't care what your quote is "in reference to." I am asking you to tell me what you think II Timothy 2:11-13 is saying. And while you're at it, you can try to explain Matthew 10:32-34.

As far as the acts passage goes this is a specific instance not a universal experience.

Are you honestly trying to claim that Peter's words in Acts 2:38 are not binding upon modern believers? If so, how do you intend to prove it?

Peter says that the promise is "...unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Again the passage I gave to you in Matt shows that.

No, it shows nothing of the kind. :cool:

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"You also ignored my proof texts."

Cause they aren't proof. :)

"What on Earth are you trying to say, and how is it relevant to the current discussion?"

You imply that confesson has something to do with me saying something out loud. It does not. For God doesn't judge by the outter actions but by the heart.

"And while you're at it, you can try to explain Matthew 10:32-34."

I did.

"Are you honestly trying to claim that Peter's words in Acts 2:38 are not binding upon modern believers?"

Peter made no commandment, only talked about someone's experience.

Upvote 0

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
Outspoken -

You imply that confesson has something to do with me saying something out loud.

*snip*

Did I? Where? It was certainly not my intention. I agree that confession can be "in the heart."

What's your point?

"And while you're at it, you can try to explain Matthew 10:32-34."

I did.

No, you just danced around it and talked about something else entirely.

"Are you honestly trying to claim that Peter's words in Acts 2:38 are not binding upon modern believers?"

Peter made no commandment, only talked about someone's experience.

*ahem*

• Acts 2:37-38.
    Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
:cool:

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"What's your point?"

Your passage in Matt then becomes not applicable to this situation because confession/denial is something done of the heart, thus that passage is not "proof".

As for the passage in Acts baptism of the Holy Spirit is the remission of sins, not the water ritual, its a very different thing :) Its also what God talked about in John 3 :)

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (I Jn. 5:13)

". . . . I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (II Tim. 1:12)

"Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (I Pet. 1:5)

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" (Philip. 1:6)

"I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." (Jn. 10:28)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (Jn. 3:16)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (Jn. 5:24)

"He that hath the Son hath life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (I Jn. 5:12)

"For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." (Heb. 10:14)

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." (Rom. 4:5-8)

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
Why do people doubt their salvation?

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They trust in feelings rather than the word of God.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool:. . ." Proverbs 28:26

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They are confused by the simplicity of salvation.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from THE SIMPLICITY that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They trust in tradition or church teachings rather than the word of God.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Making the word of God of none effect through your TRADITION,. . ." Mark 7:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.