Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Water Baptism is just one of the BIGGEST DIVIDERS among Saved believers , Luke doe raise many questions .

#1 From Luke 23:39-41 for we receive the due reward of our deeds.

#2 Then in verse 42 he said unto Jesus , Lord , remember me when thou comest into kingdom .

#3 Being a Jew , has heard about Jesus ?

#4 Also in verse 42 called Jesus , LORD , and remind me of 1 Cor 12:3 .

#5 Then in verse Today shalt thou be with me in PARADISE .

Where is PARADISE ?

#6 And , since he was WATER BAPTIZED , as some say to be saved .

# 7 How was this THIEF SAVED ?

dan p

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Since Water Baptism is just one of the BIGGEST DIVIDERS among Saved believers , Luke doe raise many questions .

#2 Then in verse 42 he said unto Jesus , Lord , remember me when thou comest into kingdom .

Where is PARADISE ?

dan p

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Paradise is someplace on earth. It is kind of a short word study since it is only used 3x in the NT. Used here in Luke, once in 2Co 12:4 with Paul’s vision, and once in Rev 2:7 where it will be set up on earth.

We know from scripture that upon death Jesus was entombed for 3 days and 3 nights …Jesus did not go to paradise; He was in the grave as was (and still is) the malefactor (not thief) Luk 23:39.

So something cannot be right with this verse in Luke …. otherwise we have to make up things to allow this to fit.

Knowing that punctuation, chapters, verses marking, chapter headings … were added by translators and they are not always accurate ….sometimes swayed by their beliefs, other times just mistakes…and Luk 23:43 is a good example.

If you remove the comma from after thee and place it after to day you will have an accurate rendering of what Jesus said

43)And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.

The malefactor will be with Jesus in paradise (after the resurrection of the just) when it is set up here on earth.

((I say unto thee to day or I say unto thee was a common idiom that is used frequently throughout the Word of God.))

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Where is PARADISE ?

dan p

The thief died sinless. Jesus forgave him for his sins. Just as Jesus forgave the thief's sins there in person, we today receive forgiveness of all previous sins through water baptism. Just as Peter said:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thief died sinless. Jesus forgave him for his sins. Just as Jesus forgave the thief's sins there in person, we today receive forgiveness of all previous sins through water baptism. Just as Peter said:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
And you have a verse that says he died SINLESS ?

Read 2 Cor 3:15 and 16 that explains how THAT thief and all JEWS are saved today .

What say you ??

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And you have a verse that says he died SINLESS ?

Read 2 Cor 3:15 and 16 that explains how THAT thief and all JEWS are saved today .

What say you ??

dan p

What sins did he commit after he was forgiven?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What sins did he commit after he was forgiven?
And what sins did the THIEF have before he was forgiven , and were they under the Law of Moses or were those sins under Grace and where does his soul go , to Abraham's Bosom , what say you ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was raining during the crucifixion - he was sprinkled...
We see from 2 Cor 3:13-14 we see Israel and al Jews as there THOUGHTS were HARDENED , For until this DAY ( Paul's day ) at the reading of the OLD COVENANT the SAME COVERING remains , Not / ME is a DISJUCATIVE PARTICE NEGATIVE means that the covering is still covering the HEARTS of Israel .

But UNTIL this DAY ( SAY , UNTIL THIS DAY AND COUNTING for over 2000 years ) ,when MOSES is being read , a covering lies upon their hearts .

But when EVER He should TURN towards the Lord , the covering is being REMOVED , and that IS how any Jews person is SAVED TODAY .

There is another verse , but forgot its address .

dan p

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The robber took accountability for his actions. He repented and conformed to God's standard. Romans chapter 6, a person is servant of righteousness or servant of sin. Repentance is being truly sorry and changing your ways. Ezekiel chapter 33, God warns the wicked to repent and amend your ways. In genesis, Joseph taught his brothers a lesson in accountability. They sold Joseph into slavery to Egypt. Lied to their earthly father Jacob about Joseph. Many years later. Famine hit land of Canaan. Jacob's son's went to Egypt. Joseph was second in command understand pharaoh. When Jacob sons met Joseph. He got them to take responsibility and accountability for selling Joseph to Egypt. Bottom line. Epistle John, Christian people are sinners who repent, they are servant of righteousness. The habitual sinners don't care, they are servant of sin. What side of the gulf are those who are servant of sin??. Luke chapter 16, thiers two sides of the gulf. The wicked and spirtualty dead in Hades, called hell and sheol. Those who love and serve God in paradise. There is two sides of the Golf. I documented this.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We see from 2 Cor 3:13-14 we see Israel and al Jews as there THOUGHTS were HARDENED , For until this DAY ( Paul's day ) at the reading of the OLD COVENANT the SAME COVERING remains , Not / ME is a DISJUCATIVE PARTICE NEGATIVE means that the covering is still covering the HEARTS of Israel .

But UNTIL this DAY ( SAY , UNTIL THIS DAY AND COUNTING for over 2000 years ) ,when MOSES is being read , a covering lies upon their hearts .

But when EVER He should TURN towards the Lord , the covering is being REMOVED , and that IS how any Jews person is SAVED TODAY .

There is another verse , but forgot its address .

dan p
Here is a verse that explains how the thief on the cross was saved .

#1 That thief that died was save by the HIGH PRIEST offering the BLOOD ATONEMANT one a year .

#2 After Christ resurrection , Heb 9:15 says that that be his death , for the REDEMPTION OF THE RANSGRESSIONS ( that were ) UNDER THE FIRST TESTAMENT ( means the OLD COVENANT ) !!

Gentiles were NEVER saved like that THIEF on the CROSS .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

#1 That thief that died was save by the HIGH PRIEST offering the BLOOD ATONEMANT one a year .

#2 After Christ resurrection , Heb 9:15 says that that be his death , for the REDEMPTION OF THE RANSGRESSIONS ( that were ) UNDER THE FIRST TESTAMENT ( means the OLD COVENANT ) !!

dan p

I looked at this...

It seems to me that Paul is saying that His death was needed to open the way for eternal salvation.

The key point is that this eternal salvation applies only to those who are called under the old covenant.

So His blood avails for the Jews who were called and died before He did. This includes the thief.

Hebrews 10:4
For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

dan p

Hi Dan ...
According to the Word it was one of the malefactors …not thieves.

Luk 23:32
And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death.

Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Luk 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Matthew states the both the thieves (robbers) cast the same in His teeth.

Mat 27:38 Then were there two thieves (robbers) crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.

Mat 27:43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

Mat 27:44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

As you can see from Luke there were two malefactors (dyo kakourgos) crucified with Jesus and later after an unknown amount of time, two thieves (robbers) (dyo lēstēs) were brought to be put to death.

The KJV has thieves which is a horrible translation (many other versions got it right). The Greeks use an entirely different word for a thief which is kleptes…. and it means, one who acts stealthily. The word lēstēs = robber, is used throughout this account of the crucifixion. A robber is one who openly plans his dirty work using violence if necessary.

Malefactors - Greek = kakourgos is an evildoer.

Two – Greek = (dyo)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When Peter accused the HOUSE of Israel of crucifying Christ in Acts 3:36 did the HOUSE of ISRAEL EVER REPENT / THE answer is NO .

Many , yet can not answer WHY Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED and what Jesus repented of as written in Gen 6:6 .

danp

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When Peter accused the HOUSE of Israel of crucifying Christ in Acts 3:36 did the HOUSE of ISRAEL EVER REPENT / THE answer is NO .

Many , yet can not answer WHY Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED and what Jesus repented of as written in Gen 6:6 .

danp

Jesus was water baptized as a technicality. He said to John the Baptist:

Mat 3:15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was water baptized as a technicality. He said to John the Baptist:

Mat 3:15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.'

So what does it mean to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUNESS mean to us ?

#1 Is Matthew speaking to Israel ??

#2 Or is Matthew speaking to the BODY OF CHRIST ?

#3 Since Jesus was baptized to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUNESS , does that apply to Israel only ?

#4 If it applys to Jesus , does it apply to the BODY OF CHRIST < ALSO ??

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums