✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The-Christian-Virtue-of-Love_620.jpg

How many people do you know that have made it to the hall of fame in music, art, literature, or sports because of their love? We elevate people to the status of heroes because of their gifts, their talents, and their power, but not because of their love. Yet, from God’s perspective, love is the chief of all virtues. But what is love?

READ MORE HERE: What Is Love?

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Love is when you see a leper and you wish it were possible to give him your body and take his. Love is to sell everything you have, including yourself in order to give alms, like this man.

Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love is when you see a leper and you wish it were possible to give him your body and take his. Love is to sell everything you have, including yourself in order to give alms, like this man.

Thank you so very much for that website :)

Your post reminded me of this incident:

"Francis encounters a leper
Legend of the Three Companions (L3C 11: FAED II, 74)

One day, while he was praying enthusiastically to the Lord, Francis received this response: “Francis, everything you loved carnally and desired to have, you must despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. Because once you begin doing this, what before seemed delightful and sweet will be unbearable and bitter; and what before made you shudder will offer you great sweetness and enormous delight.”
He was overjoyed at this and was comforted by the Lord. One day he was riding his horse near Assisi, when he met a leper. And, even though he usually shuddered at lepers, he made himself dismount, and gave him a coin, kissing his hand as he did so. After he accepted a kiss of peace from him, Francis remounted and continued on his way. He then began to consider himself less and less, until, by God’s grace, he came to complete victory over himself.
After a few days, he moved to a hospice of lepers, taking with him a large sum of money. Calling them all together, as he kissed the hand of each, he gave them alms. When he left there, what before had been bitter, that is, to see and touch lepers, was turned into sweetness. For, as he said, the sight of lepers was so bitter to him, that he refused not only to look at them, but even to approach their dwellings. If he happened to come near their houses or to see them, even though he was moved by piety to give them alms through an intermediary, he always turned away his face and held his nose. With the help of God’s grace, he became such a servant and friend of the lepers, that, as he testified in his Testament, he stayed among them and served them with humility."

(from Francis encounters a leper )

Reactions: icxn
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of for a modern day example, "Grandpa Dobry" who just departed this world a couple of days ago. May his memory be eternal.

Many sites have information about him, and there is a film in production that I very much want to see.

Here's just one - Elder Dobry from Baylovo - Elder Dobry Dobrev

Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:wave:,

If I may expand upon the OP Title with an :idea: to core being.

Love is God. God is love. Is love, God? Gods love...is.
1 John 4:8 .

Manifestations of love... OP. Let there be light. Love termed Jesus visits the earth. If we meditate to remove self so the mind may auto-translate terminologies like the above sentences but most importantly scripture. What goes in comes out in everything one reads, see's or hears.

An example of thousands: Romans 3:10. When righteous is replaced with love/agape it speaks to our core being as someone cuts us off in traffic or some such insult to self. For me , its hard to say bless you in such affairs ^_^ (working on it :oldthumbsup: ). This, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 , means His Will to me as we perfect love. What is a mind in judgment verses a mind of forgiveness :scratch: .

Mind set is everything and who/what teaches it :clap:.

Thanks for the platform to talk to myself as we all know we preach to selves in this format in hopes a seed by Gods design may grow :oldthumbsup:. :hug: blessings!

Upvote 0