Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you, please read this, can you see what counts when it comes to a relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ? Comments and thoughts about the Chapter?

Galatians 6: 1. Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

11 See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

12 Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.

17 From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jacks, and Carl. Thank you for your comments. Those are very good points, and it is true Love comes from our relationship with God by loving him with all our mind, all our heart, all our soul, all our strength.

Humility comes from when we are chastened by our Father, whenever you not being loving towards God or towards others. Faithfulness comes from what? From repentance and turning with the changing of our minds which results in what?

What is it that starts to show that matters/counts for a person just coming to Christ? It’s here in the chapter, did you see it?

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anthony that is a good thing that is pure and right to be honest and open. Someone asked me today to see about a new battery for the clock in their room it was two hours behind, told them would go see but never followed through. Sometimes this happens and often does in many peoples lives though there is a next time if the problem was not fixed. We might say sorry about it slipped my mind, got you one now or they didn’t have a battery for it. :) But what matters or counts is in this chapter can you find it?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible said:
Galatians 6: 1. Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

This is in reference to Luke 18:9-14 involving the Parable of the Taxcollector and the Pharisee. We are to not boast in how awesome we are righteously, and when we see a brother stumble into sin, if they are seeking the Lord Jesus Christ's forgiveness and looking to overcome that sin, we should try to restore them gently back to living holy. For if we have the Pharisee perspective in thinking that we were never saved by God's grace, then we too can be tempted and fall ourselves.

Bible said:
2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.

We are to carry the burdens of others, just as Christ had done. We are to pick up our cross and deny ourselves. To suffer and to not look to ourselves. For we are nothing and Christ is everything. The only good we can do is by the power of Christ working in us (Philippians 2:13, John 15:5).

Bible said:
4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

Our ultimate example is Jesus Christ.
We are to look to working out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
We must double check ourselves all the time.
We must prove that Christ is in us by the way we live (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Bible said:
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Galatians 5:19-21 lists the lusts of the flesh and they are sins like murder, hate, adultery, etc., and Paul says that they which do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. So if we sow to please the flesh, there is a price to pay if we do not repent in this life. So lets us not be tired or worn out in doing that which is good. For we will reap the harvest of everlasting life if we don't give up. So lets us do do good to all people including our enemies and most importantly our brothers and sisters in Christ. For if we walk in the light as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7). For to walk in the light = to love your brother according to the use of indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11. Loving your brother means one is of God (1 John 3:10).

Bible said:

In the King James this says,

“Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.” (Galatians 6:11).

This is saying that Paul is reflecting on how much he loves the brethren in the fact that he wrote a really long letter to the Galatians by his own hand.

Bible said:
12 Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.

Certain Jews wanted Christians to be circumcised and to follow the Law of Moses. We see this in Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, and Acts of the Apostles 15:24. Paul addressed this problem. Paul even said in Galatians 5:2 that if you seek to be circumcised Christ, Christ will profit you nothing. Meaning some Christians were being deceived by these Jews into thinking they had to first be circumcised in order to be initially saved. However, these Christians needed to first accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and seek forgiveness with Him, and believe that He died for their sins, and He was buried, and He was risen three days later on their behalf for salvation instead. Jesus should have been the foundation of their salvation and not circumcision. For these Jews boasted in their circumcision, while Paul will boast in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us on the cross. For through the cross, we can be crucified ourselves and dead to this world and it's evil ways.

Bible said:
17 From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

For there is nothing any person can do to the man of God who has died with Christ.
For their life is hid in Christ. For when we suffer for the cause of Christ, we are giving honor to the sufferings of Christ had done for us.

Bible said:
18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

Here Paul is hoping that the grace of Jesus Christ continues with the spirit of his fellow Christian brothers and sisters in Christ at Galatia.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I highly recommend in watching the Christian movie called Polycarp.
It really gives you a glimpse in how Christians may have lived like in the early years of the church.

You can rent it on Amazon video.

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible highlighter that is a very good exegesis going and explaining that chapter. Thank you for taking time to share. Did you see what counts and matters too also along with all of the exegesis? Thank you also for the movie suggestion brother. :) That trailer was really cool!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello you, please read this, can you see what counts when it comes to a relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ? Comments and thoughts about the Chapter?

Galatians 6: 1. Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

Being a new creation in Christ, and not giving into other people's bully tactics to 'be great in God.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible highlighter that is a very good exegesis going and explaining that chapter. Thank you for taking time to share. Did you see what counts and matters too also along with all of the exegesis?

We are nothing and Christ is everything. So we should live our life in the same way Christ did.
A life of sacrifice and a love for others in honor of Christ.

You said:
Thank you also for the movie suggestion brother. :)

You are most welcome, brother.
If you are want to see my other Christian movie suggestions, you can check them out here:

What movies are in your Christian DVD collection?

Trailers are available to check out in these thread links, here, here, and here.

You said:
That trailer was really cool!

I was actually skeptical of the film after watching the trailer; But after having watched the movie, I really loved it, and decided to buy the DVD.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2Philo you found it! Great job. It matters that we are a new creation. God changes us as we allow him to be in our lives, God takes us out of the world and we are renewed into a new creation, has he begins to set us free from all of the old things we were slaves to, and the new ways enter our life! Amen. How wonderful God is.

Bible highlighter thank you again hope to be able to check it out one day.

To everyone have a good night.

What matters is the new creation. The heart changing and turning toward the light than the darkness. Oh how wonderful our great merciful God is, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. :)

Upvote 0