What is it necessary to be saved (Part 14).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is it necessary to be saved (Part 14).

13 – Seek Jesus’ consolation during the tribulations (this is a complement of item 11):

• “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, He comforting us in all our trouble, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in every trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ. And if we are troubled, it is for your consolation and salvation, being worked out in the endurance of the same sufferings which we also suffer; if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.” (2Cor 1.3-6).

Salvation implies on accepting the solace that comes from the Creator (namely, His Holy Spirit - John 16.8), which consist on taking away what harass us, to wit, the sin (Psalms 94.11-13). Instead of trying to console ourselves sorting out the things as it is good to our eyes, once Jesus is our unique Savior, let’s bide Him to come toward us. After all:

• “And from forever they have not heard, nor did they listen. Eye has not seen a God except You, who works for him who waits for Him.” (Isa 64:4).

Maybe, at the moment, the large door (Matthew 7.13,14) seems to solve. Nevertheless, it will inhibit the Creator’s growing which will allow us to take advantage of the great opportunity that He projected for us very soon (Ecc 9.11; Col 4.5).

The Creator doesn’t comfort us vouchsafing us what we wish, neither fomenting our hope of procuring it, but using His rod and staff (Psalms 23.4), in a way that will put us free from the desires that so much enslave us (see Proverbs 27.20; 30.15,16; Ecc 5.10; 6.7; 1Tim 6.9-10) and make us break off with people around us (James 4.1).

After all, we only will be able to get rid of every addiction and bind to people if there is room in our heart to the love for the truth (2Thess 2.10).

In the end, let’s fear the Creator and trust in Him so that we can get access to these promises:

• “What man is he who fears Jehovah? *He shall teach him in the way that he shall choose*. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.” (Psa 25:12,13).
• “Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for I do trust in You; *cause me to know the way in which I should walk*, for I lift up my soul to You.” (Psa 143:8).

So, if you are going through a tribulation, have a comforting weekend in Christ Jesus; otherwise, may you be a source of solace in those who are in some ordeal or predicament.