What is it necessary to be saved( Part 10).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is it necessary to be saved( Part 10).

9 – Humbleness:

• “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” (Luke 18.13,14).
• “Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1Peter 5.5-7).

It comes the question: what does it mean “humbling”?

This implies diminishing ourselves so that Jesus grows in us (John 3.30) and have all the space to save who He wishes (1Cor 9.22).

This also implies in we empty ourselves, taking the form of a bond-servant (as Jesus did – Philippians 2.5-8). Doing this, our live won’t be a weight for us nor for anybody. Rather, we can serve so that many people can be stimulated by Jesus’ love to get free of the heaviness of their desires and fears (Heb 2.15) and, thus, take the light yoke of Jesus (Matthew 11.28-30).

The great difficulty of all human being is to leave their guilties (see James 5.16). See, for example, Peter: he didn’t want that Jesus wash his feet (John 13.6-8). The two debtors of Matthew 18,26,29 believed that they could pay off all the debt. Judas tried to fix his own mistake (Matthew 27.3-5).

Although the feeling of guilt is unbearable, the pride of wanting to correct everything for themselves, guides them to hold on to their faults until they see their desires fulfilled, for example:

• The pride of being able to say: “I managed to overcome this”; or
• The “pleasure they have in making the guilty suffer for all their crimes.

If we desire to be saved, let’s give up all things (whether good or bad), so that Jesus can be everything in us (see 1Cor 15.28). To be more precise, let’s follow the advice of Paul:

• “But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.” (1Cor 7.29-31).

So, have a good day and don't allow that anything stole the direction of Jesus in your life and swerve your eyes from the heavenly kingdom.