This is what we have

Parking lot
Grass
Big tree
Sandpit
Garden bed with succulents
Swing and slide set
Playhouse that Ive never been inside

There is also what used to be a manse where the pastor is supposed to live but its rented out to other people.

I always thought churchyards were meant to have believers buried next to the church building but, it seems like nobody does that anymore.

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just saying "nothing but slabs of concrete prettied up with potted plants" is boring, so I shall include photos of the wonderful areas of our church"yards". My dog shall be the beautiful model to help pretty everything up a bit more.
Behold the front (my car is parked on the street, no parking lot, the green shrubs and white pillar indicate the edges of our property lines):
Tasha%20flowers%2015_zpsbgdu2iqq.jpg

And the spacious back(out of sight of the camera is the gas tank for the stove):
tashas%20house_zpsmkimjgbr.jpg

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's just a resting place for my dog, she needs shade from the sun and shelter if it rains, she's not allowed inside during service. It could be called a storefront church, but it's a multi-use building. I live on the third floor. The majority of the buildings in this neighborhood are business on the bottom floor, homes on the second or third floors. Our next door neighbors to the left have a battery business downstairs and live upstairs. Ours is a small church. Right now we average about 15 people. If everyone came at the same time, we'd have about 25ish.

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is just an average neighborhood in a mid-sized city, the layout of houses and businesses is just....different here. Before and after services, the children play upstairs in the Sunday school room, there's a play area just for them. We're having a church activity next Saturday at one of the local parks, it's a really beautiful park with a pond. My profile picture was taken at that park.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just saying "nothing but slabs of concrete prettied up with potted plants" is boring, so I shall include photos of the wonderful areas of our church"yards". My dog shall be the beautiful model to help pretty everything up a bit more.
Behold the front (my car is parked on the street, no parking lot, the green shrubs and white pillar indicate the edges of our property lines):
Tasha%20flowers%2015_zpsbgdu2iqq.jpg

And the spacious back(out of sight of the camera is the gas tank for the stove):
tashas%20house_zpsmkimjgbr.jpg

Very nice. Where country are you in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering.

This is what we have

Parking lot
Grass
Big tree
Sandpit
Garden bed with succulents
Swing and slide set
Playhouse that Ive never been inside

There is also what used to be a manse where the pastor is supposed to live but its rented out to other people.

I always thought churchyards were meant to have believers buried next to the church building but, it seems like nobody does that anymore.

We have space designated for a graveyard, but because our church is relatively new (about five years), we haven't had anybody die yet.

We have a little picnic grove and a garden, but mostly, it's just woods around our church.

Upvote 0