what is happening to this forum as well as to CF in general?

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i have not logged in for a while, then when i came back, i can't help but notice the marriage forum so much quieter than it used to be.

what happened all the users that was here such as Niffer, Hetta etc

i wonder if this is a general trend across CF, i know it is the case in Christian Advice.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i have not logged in for a while, then when i came back, i can't help but notice the marriage forum so much quieter than it used to be.

what happened all the users that was here such as Niffer, Hetta etc

i wonder if this is a general trend across CF, i know it is the case in Christian Advice.

Yoona86,

G'day from across the Tasman.

I've been on this forum since 2005 and I'm about to bow out because of these personal issues with CF.com. This is a personal opinion:
  1. I find it to be way too large and I confine my responses to a small number of sub-forums.
  2. There is too much diversity of opinion (without biblical evidence) on some of the subjects I've pursued.
  3. In the topics dealing with creationism and science/evolution, I found myself being one of the few exchanging with militant atheists, but I didn't see evident monitoring of their goading ways by moderators. I ended up putting most of those posters on ignore. It was evident they were calling in other atheist buddies to join the antagonism against the evidence provided by Christians.
  4. I grow tired of going over and over the same material in threads.
  5. I encounter few who are prepared to even consider changing views, based on the posts in a thread.
  6. I've had some heavy-handed 'discipline' when I disagreed with some Calvinists, including one administrator/moderator.
  7. Enough is enough for me and I'm moving on.
Sing along with the Aussie Jingle Bells if you understand the lingo.

Blessings for Christmas from Down Under.

Oz

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yoona86,

G'day from across the Tasman.

I've been on this forum since 2005 and I'm about to bow out because of these personal issues with CF.com. This is a personal opinion:
  1. I find it to be way too large and I confine my responses to a small number of sub-forums.
  2. There is too much diversity of opinion (without biblical evidence) on some of the subjects I've pursued.
  3. In the topics dealing with creationism and science/evolution, I found myself being one of the few exchanging with militant atheists, but I didn't see evident monitoring of their goading ways by moderators. I ended up putting most of those posters on ignore. It was evident they were calling in other atheist buddies to join the antagonism against the evidence provided by Christians.
  4. I grow tired of going over and over the same material in threads.
  5. I encounter few who are prepared to even consider changing views, based on the posts in a thread.
  6. I've had some heavy-handed 'discipline' when I disagreed with some Calvinists, including one administrator/moderator.
  7. Enough is enough for me and I'm moving on.
Sing along with the Aussie Jingle Bells if you understand the lingo.

Blessings for Christmas from Down Under.

Oz

Oz,

Food for thought.

(1) Maybe people don't change their views in time for you; but, maybe you are planting seeds. (2) Are you as open to changing your views with Biblical evidence, as you expect others to be--or are you expecting others to be necessarily conformed to your view? I have very strong views in some areas and am not going to just switch those views without an extensive and patient back and forth, since I didn't come to them flippantly. (3) What if Paul or Peter stopped fighting the good fight, because of the antagonism that came against them or if John Mark had given up when Paul stood against him causing Paul and Barnabas to go their separate ways? (4) it seems Jesus warned us about persecution. If you are speaking Truth, you should expect it. Not everyone on this forum is where they think they are. (5) If professing Christians often can't play nice in the sandbox, why would we think that atheists would? How does Jesus say we are to deal with that? Sometimes, it is our response to conflict/bad circumstances that lead people to want what we have--if we really have Jesus!

Sometimes people who don't have the Truth can be used by God to open us up to a deeper Truth.

Serving In Christ Jesus,

John Andrews

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what happened all the users that was here such as Niffer
I agree with some of the above points, but I am under no delusion that comments in the forum will change anyone without the Holy Spirit making those changes in them. I have only been in the forum for 3 years and have suffered discipline of being banned from the site. During that time I visited other forums and found them to be too restrictive in their views. When my ban was lifted I was glad to come back to a forum with a much broader audience. I am now careful how I word the politically incorrect positions I hold, but still speak the truth.

We all have seasons of life. People move on for many reasons. But there will always be an influx of new people that the forum is the season they need at this time. I agree that many things are beaten to death, so I pick and choose what I join. Use the forum as you feel led by the Spirit. Welcome back.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yoona86 - a few years ago there were several regular (daily) posters in here who had their membership revoked. Despite other efforts to get things calmed down, there were repeated threads that devolved into the same arguments and debate tactics that were in violation of the rules. That took this forum from very active to pretty quiet and also removed the sense of continuity and (albeit dysfunctional) community that had existed. Several of the posters remaining left on their own around that same time.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
And some of us, while still technically married, are actually separated and heading toward divorce. This situation I am in does not invalidate the advice I've given or my stance on marriage; rather, it validates that divorce can happen even to good people but in crummy situations. I've stopped coming around so much for that reason, as well as I was in school full time all last year in addition to working full time - being away for so long as helped in my transition out of this forum. Once divorced, I'll likely not be allowed to come back to this forum, though I will be allowed in other forums on the site. Still, I've chosen to divide my time between this site and CH for a number of reasons.

All that to say that everyone who was here more before, has a reason they are not here so much anymore. I know Hetta was in grad school, though I'm sure she's done by now, and I know others have changed their usernames but are still around - maybe just not as much.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Oz,

Food for thought.

(1) Maybe people don't change their views in time for you; but, maybe you are planting seeds. (2) Are you as open to changing your views with Biblical evidence, as you expect others to be--or are you expecting others to be necessarily conformed to your view? I have very strong views in some areas and am not going to just switch those views without an extensive and patient back and forth, since I didn't come to them flippantly. (3) What if Paul or Peter stopped fighting the good fight, because of the antagonism that came against them or if John Mark had given up when Paul stood against him causing Paul and Barnabas to go their separate ways? (4) it seems Jesus warned us about persecution. If you are speaking Truth, you should expect it. Not everyone on this forum is where they think they are. (5) If professing Christians often can't play nice in the sandbox, why would we think that atheists would? How does Jesus say we are to deal with that? Sometimes, it is our response to conflict/bad circumstances that lead people to want what we have--if we really have Jesus!

Sometimes people who don't have the Truth can be used by God to open us up to a deeper Truth.

Serving In Christ Jesus,

John Andrews

Johnny,

I'll answer according to the numbers of your response:
  1. Yes, I can agree with that. I know how long it took for me to move from cessationism to continuationism of the gifts of the spirit and from pre-trib rapture to post-trib rapture. That took many, many years. Your point is valid.
  2. I am most certainly open to changing my theological views with biblical evidence. Everything is on the table, except for the existence of God, as long as there is verification or disproving evidence provided.
  3. I'm not talking about stopping the fighting of the good fight. I spoke about antagonism on a Christian Forum without adequate moderation. I expect persecution and challenges by atheists, especially hard-headed atheists.
  4. I agree I can expect persecution from atheists and others. Jesus provided evidence, 'Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also' (John 15:20 NIV).
  5. I was not responding antagonistically to the atheists, but found there were not others there for support. In my estimate, some of the atheists were goading me and moderators did not step in. I did report a couple of them for such goading.
I have been a defender of the faith for a long time and I'm not giving up on apologetics of the Judeo-Christian worldview.

Oz

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,337.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you mean? When was this change and what impact did it make to be called 'a rough one'?

It was a few years ago. Lee had been the previous owner (after a succession of changing hands since Erwin sold it) and that transition was quite difficult. Half of the Women's forum got banned for talking about personal issues that women talk about amongst themselves. There was a very VERY heavy-handed banning policy in place that also led to a great many in the Marriage Ministry either being banned or leaving on their own because of what was going on. I left at that time as well, and have only sporadically checked in over the last couple of years, until recently when I've tried to get a little more involved again.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It was a few years ago. Lee had been the previous owner (after a succession of changing hands since Erwin sold it) and that transition was quite difficult. Half of the Women's forum got banned for talking about personal issues that women talk about amongst themselves. There was a very VERY heavy-handed banning policy in place that also led to a great many in the Marriage Ministry either being banned or leaving on their own because of what was going on. I left at that time as well, and have only sporadically checked in over the last couple of years, until recently when I've tried to get a little more involved again.

Thank you for that explanation. That helps me to understand better what is going on here. I've been banned (for a month) and 'disciplined' by having to do 'remedial' posts to the satisfaction of moderators.

I don't need to put up with that kind of heavy-handedness at my age, especially when I come here voluntarily and endeavour to keep the rules of the forum - sometimes unsuccessfully.

Oz

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't need to put up with that kind of heavy-handedness at my age, especially when I come here voluntarily and endeavour to keep the rules of the forum - sometimes unsuccessfully.
Yes, we are often treated like children instead of mature saints.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Johnny,

I'll answer according to the numbers of your response:
  1. Yes, I can agree with that. I know how long it took for me to move from cessationism to continuationism of the gifts of the spirit and from pre-trib rapture to post-trib rapture. That took many, many years. Your point is valid.
  2. I am most certainly open to changing my theological views with biblical evidence. Everything is on the table, except for the existence of God, as long as there is verification or disproving evidence provided.
  3. I'm not talking about stopping the fighting of the good fight. I spoke about antagonism on a Christian Forum without adequate moderation. I expect persecution and challenges by atheists, especially hard-headed atheists.
  4. I agree I can expect persecution from atheists and others. Jesus provided evidence, 'Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also' (John 15:20 NIV).
  5. I was not responding antagonistically to the atheists, but found there were not others there for support. In my estimate, some of the atheists were goading me and moderators did not step in. I did report a couple of them for such goading.
I have been a defender of the faith for a long time and I'm not giving up on apologetics of the Judeo-Christian worldview.

Oz

Glad to hear it, Oz. If you decide to get off the forum, I would love to stay in touch. I am always willing to re-examine my views--with appropriate evidence--as well. It seems from what you said we agree on what you have shared. Interestingly, I find just as many professing Christians who are goading and nasty when they realize they can't win the argument (because of lack of evidence), they get nasty. But, I focus on the idea that if I am wrong, I would rather find out now than later when I am held accountable for teaching something that wasn't true about God. So, even considering the nastiness, they are helping me challenge what I believe and become more cemented in it or changing what I believe.

Since God woke me up, I take Him and everything about Him more seriously than anything else in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And some of us, while still technically married, are actually separated and heading toward divorce. This situation I am in does not invalidate the advice I've given or my stance on marriage; rather, it validates that divorce can happen even to good people but in crummy situations. I've stopped coming around so much for that reason, as well as I was in school full time all last year in addition to working full time - being away for so long as helped in my transition out of this forum. Once divorced, I'll likely not be allowed to come back to this forum, though I will be allowed in other forums on the site. Still, I've chosen to divide my time between this site and CH for a number of reasons.

All that to say that everyone who was here more before, has a reason they are not here so much anymore. I know Hetta was in grad school, though I'm sure she's done by now, and I know others have changed their usernames but are still around - maybe just not as much.

What is CH? Sorry to hear about your marriage challenge. I do understand that challenges do hit those who are in Christ and love God. I've gone through a lot as a result of my love for Jesus Christ. But, He doesn't promise that we won't in the Bible I read.

• Useful
Reactions: Celticroots
Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
What is CH? Sorry to hear about your marriage challenge. I do understand that challenges do hit those who are in Christ and love God. I've gone through a lot as a result of my love for Jesus Christ. But, He doesn't promise that we won't in the Bible I read.
CH is Christianity Haven. I mainly post there in the women's forum. My husband is on this forum as well as CH, so I do not post personal stuff. I was prepared to do the hard work....

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by 'dead'?

That the forum went from 2-3 dozen regular (almost daily) users and 2-4 dozen in-and-out posters and 50-100+ posts a day... To what it is now.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟55,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the topics dealing with creationism and science/evolution, I found myself being one of the few exchanging with militant atheists, but I didn't see evident monitoring of their goading ways by moderators. I ended up putting most of those posters on ignore. It was evident they were calling in other atheist buddies to join the antagonism against the evidence provided by Christians.
I've been a member since 2012 with some years active and more years just reading. I agree I've noticed this to become somewhat of a playground for atheists and agnostics. It does look like the word is out about CF among many of them to come and swing at the wind. After all, if they're targeting at our God Whom they say they don't believe in, that's actually all they're really doing. Such purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: OzSpen
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Glad to hear it, Oz. If you decide to get off the forum, I would love to stay in touch. I am always willing to re-examine my views--with appropriate evidence--as well. It seems from what you said we agree on what you have shared. Interestingly, I find just as many professing Christians who are goading and nasty when they realize they can't win the argument (because of lack of evidence), they get nasty. But, I focus on the idea that if I am wrong, I would rather find out now than later when I am held accountable for teaching something that wasn't true about God. So, even considering the nastiness, they are helping me challenge what I believe and become more cemented in it or changing what I believe.

Since God woke me up, I take Him and everything about Him more seriously than anything else in my life.

Johnny,

Thanks for your caring response. I know I can get excited about some issues and I don't apologise for that. I do hope I'm not rude.

Yes, Christians have been nasty on CF.com. Perhaps others have read me that way. If so, I seek their forgiveness.

In which part of NZ do you live? I met a person 2 days ago from the Hawke's Bay area, who is now an Aussie. I have friends in Hastings.

I moved to an outer northern suburb of Brisbane, Burpengary, 2 months ago.

Oz

Upvote 0